ESPN is a major sports TV channel in the US. It streams major sports events like NFL, NBA, College football, and more. Moreover, ESPN is available in 200 countries, including the United Kingdom, Brazil, Australia, Canada, and more. In addition, the ESPN channel has over 80+ million subscribers in the United States. As of now, ESPN is available on streaming services, including Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, Android, iOS, and other devices.
Features of the ESPN App
- ESPN app includes ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, SEC Network, ACC Network Extra, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and more.
- It has complete live coverage of all sporting events, highlights, short clips, and replays.
- This app streams MLB, NFL, NBA, UEFA euro, MLS, bowl games, Tennis, golf, college football, and basketball leagues.
- It has its own sports shows, and the ESPN Shows are SportsCenter, PTI, First Take, SportsNation, and NBA: The Jump.
- It has original documentaries or docuseries like 30 for 30 and the Last dance.
- Additionally, it has UFC Night Fight streaming only through PPV (pay-per-view).
ESPN Subscription Plans
Note: To subscribe to ESPN Plus, you can visit https://plus.espn.com/.
How to Install ESPN on Roku
1. Turn on Roku and go to the home screen by pressing the Home button on the remote.
2. Scroll down and select Streaming Channels in the menu.
3. Select the Search Channels option and enter ESPN using the remote.
4. Next, press the OK button on your remote and pick ESPN from the suggestion list.
5. Click Add Channel to get ESPN on Roku.
6. Next, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. On the next screen, select the Go to Channel option to launch the ESPN app.
How to Watch ESPN on Roku
There are three ways to stream ESPN on Roku which are mentioned as follows.
- With an ESPN Plus subscription
- Using a cable TV provider subscription
- Screen mirroring ESPN from Android or iOS
Activate ESPN+ to Stream ESPN on Roku
1. Open the ESPN app on your Roku device and select the Settings menu (Gear icon) at the top.
2. Select Subscriptions and click ESPN+.
3. Select Log In, and an activation code appears on the screen.
4. Visit ESPN’s official site from a web browser and enter the activation code. Select Continue.
5. Login with the ESPN Plus account on Roku to access your account.
6. Start streaming your favorite live sports events on Roku.
Use Cable TV Provider to Stream ESPN on Roku
1. Open the ESPN app on Roku and select Settings (gear icon) at the top.
2. Select Provider Account and click Watch Live TV.
Note: This method is applicable only if you have a valid TV provider subscription.
3. Click Activate Live TV to get an activation code on the screen.
4. Go to the ESPN Activation Webpage on a mobile or PC browser.
5. Enter the activation code and click on Continue.
6. Select the TV provider and sign in to the TV provider account. This will activate ESPN on Roku.
7. Next, you can go back to the ESPN app and watch sports-curated content.
Alternate Way to Stream ESPN on Roku via Screen Mirroring
Firstly, you have to enable the screen mirroring option on Roku to stream ESPN or other streaming channels. Here are the steps to do so.
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Click Settings from the list of options.
3. Then click on System and choose Screen mirroring.
4. Following that, tap Screen mirroring mode → Prompt or Always allow.
Mirror ESPN to Roku from Android
1. Connect your Android smartphone to the same WIFI network as your Roku device.
2. Install the ESPN app on your Android smartphone.
3. Open the ESPN app and log in with ESPN+ account credentials.
4. Play a live event on the ESPN app.
5. Swipe up or down the notification panel and tap Cast.
6. Choose your Roku device to start screen mirroring.
Mirror ESPN to Roku from iOS
1. Install the ESPN app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Before opening the app, connect your iOS to the same WIFI network as your Roku device.
3. Launch the ESPN app on your iPhone or iPad.
4. Sign in to your ESPN+ account that has an active subscription.
5. Open the Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring.
6. Select your Roku device to mirror the iOS screen to Roku.
7. Start watching power-packed UFC matches and other events on Roku.
How to Watch ESPN on Roku Without a Cable
Besides cable TV providers, you can stream ESPN on Roku without a cable through the following streaming services. They are also available as a streaming channel on Roku.
Sling TV offers ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, ACC network, and NBC regional sports networks. It also has 50 hours of cloud DVR storage for saving live events. Moreover, Sling TV offers three subscription plans for you to access ESPN. They are:
|Sling Orange||$40 per month||30+||1|
|Sling Blue||$40 per month||45+||3|
|Sling Orange + Blue||$55 per month||50+||4|
With Hulu, you can access tons of live and VOD content. Hulu + Live TV has ESPN streaming in their 75+ live channels, and the cost of a subscription is $69.99 per month. In addition, it offers unlimited cloud DVR storage and allows you to access Hulu on two devices simultaneously.
YouTube TV has a wide range of sports channels, including ESPN, and the cost of the subscription is $64.99 per month. The single membership provides unlimited DVR storage. You can even watch YouTube TV on 3 devices simultaneously. It lets you stream 85+ live TV channels.
With the base subscription plan of DirecTV Stream, $69.99 per month you can get the ESPN channel. Along with that, you will get CBS, NBC, ABC, TNT, The CW, and more. It has over 150+ channels and it gives unlimited cloud DVR storage to record shows.
FuboTV is a streaming service to enjoy wide sports content. ESPN is also included with the fuboTV’s Pro subscription plan of $69.99 per month. In addition, it provides 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage and 100+ live TV channels. You can stream fuboTV on three devices at once.
Yes, you can subscribe to the streaming service that offers ESPN and can utilize the free trial to access ESPN for free.
Check if you have a valid subscription to ESPN Plus and try again.