YouTube TV is a streaming service for live TV channels and it is available in the United States only. It also offers on-demand videos and cloud DVR storage. It offers all the major US national and local sports, news, and other entertainment channels. YouTube TV is accessible in Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, Xbox One, Apple TV, and many more streaming devices. It is available for free in the Roku Channel Store.
Features of YouTube TV
- The YouTube TV streams 85+ live TV channels and the popular channels are ABC, FOX, Comedy Central, CNN, Discovery, ESPN, and BBC.
- It has unlimited cloud DVR storage for recording live shows and can stream it offline. The recordings will be available for 9 months in the cloud storage.
- The on-demand section has a huge collection of movies, series and TV shows for streaming. It also has contents from its own house production named YouTube Originals.
- The subscription offers streaming in 3 devices simultaneously and can create 6 profiles in a single subscription. It provides personalized recommendations for each profile.
- The Guide provides the complete detail of live TV schedule and get to know about the timing of all special programs.
- The user can check the total list of available channels in the region by entering the ZIP code in the YouTube site.
YouTube TV has a paid subscription model only and it costs $ 64.99 per month. It has no contracts and no installation fee so you can cancel the subscription at any time. It offers two weeks free trial period.
How to add YouTube TV on Roku?
Step 1: Connect the Roku device to the TV HDMI port and launch Roku.
Step 2: Press the Home Button in the remote. Scroll Down and select the Streaming Channel.
Step 3: In the Roku Channel Store, Select the Search Channels by scrolling down.
Step 4: Enter YouTube TV using remote and select the app from the list.
Step 5: Select Add Channel to install YouTube TV and select OK in the prompt.
How to activate YouTube TV on Roku
Step 1: In the Roku Home screen, scroll and search for YouTube TV app.
Step 2: Select YouTube TV to launch. Now select Already member in the opening screen.
Step 3: Sign in with your credentials and an activation code appears on the screen.
Step 4: Go to the YouTube TV site using smartphone or PC for activation. You have to login with the ID which has a valid subscription.
Step 5: Enter the Activation code and select Next to activate the app on Roku.
You can watch YouTube TV on Roku with the above steps for streaming live channels. YouTube TV is the best choice for cord-cutters and it is most preferred for NFL, NBA, and MLB. If you have any queries in following the above steps for the installation of YouTube TV on Roku, please mention it in the comments.
Note: You can stream Hallmark Channel on Roku using YouTube TV subscription.
1. Can I get YouTube TV on Roku?
You can install YouTube TV on Roku for free and you can follow the above steps for quick installation of YouTube TV app.
2. What are the sports channels available in YouTube TV?
The sports channel available on YouTube TV is ESPN, NBA TV, NFL Network, The Golf Channels, MLB network, the Olympics channel, and lots more.
3. How much does YouTube TV cost?
The YouTube TV subscription costs $64.99 per month and has two weeks free trial period.
4. What is the capacity of YouTube TV cloud Storage?
Youtube TV has unlimited cloud DVR storage for recording all types of contents and watch them offline or later. The recordings will stay in the cloud for 9 months.