Hulu is one best streaming services to offer multiple live TV channels. Its library has an extensive collection of on-demand titles in different genres, like entertainment, sports, kids, news, and many more. You can get access to Hulu Originals, exclusive past and current episodes, full seasons of popular shows, etc. It is compatible with the most popular devices like Android, iOS, Roku, Firestick, etc. However, this article will provide information regarding how to access Hulu on Roku.
Features of Hulu
Some of the fabulous features of Hulu are mentioned below.
- The service gives access to more than 67 live TV channels and Hulu’s entire streaming catalog.
- It supports cloud DVR, so you can record your favorite shows to watch them later.
- You can enjoy streaming Hulu on two different screens simultaneously.
- With the premium subscription, you can enjoy watching videos ad-free.
- It offers add-on channels, like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, STARZ, and more.
Hulu offers four membership plans. The plans and their respective prices are as follows.
- Basic Plan – $6.99 per month
- Premium Plan- $12.99 per month
- Hulu + Live TV Plan – $69.99 per month
- Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV Plan – $75.99 per month
To subscribe to Hulu, you can visit the web page https://signup.hulu.com/plans.
How to Add Hulu on Roku?
Hulu is officially available on Roku Channel Store. So, it is effortless to install it on your Roku device.
Note: Hulu is no longer available on older model Roku devices. The below guide will work on Roku 3/4, Roku TV, Roku Streaming Sticks (3600 or higher), Roku Express/Express+, 4K Roku TV, Roku Premiere/Premiere+, and Roku Ultra.
1. Connect the Roku device to your smart TV and then to the home Wi-Fi.
2. Head over to the Homepage by pressing the Home button on the Roku remote.
3. Go to the Streaming Channels option from the home screen
4. Now, choose the Search Channels option. Next, search for the Hulu app using the virtual keyboard.
5. Choose the Hulu channel from the search result.
6. Tap on the Add Channel button on the app info page to download it.
7. Hit the OK button on the Roku remote once the Hulu installation gets over.
How Do I Activate Hulu on Roku?
Follow the down steps to know about activating your Hulu account on Roku.
1. Navigate to the apps section to launch the Hulu app on your device.
2. Note the Activation code that you see on the TV.
3. Navigate to the https://hulu.com/activate site from another device.
4. Complete the Login process by providing your email and password.
5. Place the activation code over there and proceed further.
6. Once all the process is done, you will get the Hulu Homepage
7. Pick a channel and start watching your favorite show on the Roku.
Sometimes Hulu not working on Roku issue may occur. At this time, you can alternatively screen mirror the Hulu app from an Android or iOS Smartphone.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror Hulu to Roku
The screen mirroring feature is available on Roku. So, you can enable the screen mirroring on Roku feature to mirror the Hulu app.
Screen Mirror Hulu to Roku from Android Smartphone
Connect your Android smartphone to the same wifi network as Roku. Then, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Search for the Hulu app and choose the Hulu app from the search result.
3. Tap on the Install button to install the Hulu app.
Hulu app for Android Smartphone: Google Play Store
4. Now, pull down the Notification Panel.
5. Next, tap on the Cast icon from the Notification Panel.
6. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
7. You can see your Android smartphone’s screen mirrored to your Roku device-connected TV.
8. After that, launch the Hulu app and sign in with your subscription account.
9. Now, you can mirror your favorite content to Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Hulu to Roku from iOS Smartphone
Turn on the AirPlay option on your Roku TV from Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Now, you can choose the AirPlay option and turn it on.
1. Go to the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Search and install the Hulu app.
3. Open the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Once you see your Roku device displayed on-screen of your smartphone, select it.
Note: Be sure to connect your Roku and iOS smartphone to the same wifi network.
5. Now, open the Hulu app and sign in with your subscription account.
6. Finally, you can mirror all the available content from Hulu to Roku.
Screen Mirror Hulu to Roku from PC
With the below steps, you can easily mirror the Hulu from PC.
1. Ensure that you have connected your Roku and PC to the same wifi network.
2. Next, open a web browser and visit the official website of Hulu.
3. Then, click on the Login button from the upper right corner.
4. Enter your credentials to login into your account.
5. Then, choose any of your favorite content and play it.
6. Click on the Action Center from the lower right corner.
7. Choose the Connect option and select your Roku device from the window displayed on the right pane.
8. Finally, go back to the Hulu web page and mirror its content to your streaming device.
Yes, Hulu is available in the channel store.
Yes, you can easily get Hulu on Roku.
The basic plan of Hulu on Roku will cost you $6.99 per month.
Yes, you can cancel Hulu on Roku anytime you want.