Hulu is an Over-the-top video streaming platform. It is one of the best streaming applications where you can stream movies, TV shows, Animation, and more. It is available in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Japan. You can also stream the content in good quality. When streaming the content, there are cases where the video gets stuck, the video keeps on buffering, and other problems. In response to these issues, we have come up with a fix that will solve Hulu not working on Roku.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Hulu Not working Issue on Roku
The following are the troubleshooting methods you can follow to fix the Hulu app not working issues on Roku.
(1) Check and Reset Your Internet
Hulu requires at least 3Mbps for you to stream videos without any buffering or any other issues. If the speed of your internet connection is less than that, then there is a possibility that it may cause Hulu to stop working on Roku. So, first, check the internet speed on Roku. If the results show the speed is less than 3 Mbps, then restart your router and check whether the problem is solved.
(2) Re-Login with your Hulu Account
There may be some problems with your account settings that causes Hulu to stop working on Roku. Try signing out and Signing in on Hulu to check whether Hulu is working or not.
(1) Launch the Hulu app from your Roku device.
(2) Select the Profile icon available in the navigation bar.
(3) Choose the Log Out option to log out of the Hulu app on your Roku device.
(4) Wait for a few minutes and select the Hulu app again.
(5) Select Log In and enter your Hulu account details.
(3) Disable VPN
If you have kept your ExpressVPN on Roku for any purpose, try turning it off. Because sometimes, when you use Roku while VPN is active, then there is a chance that you may be connected to a server outside the United States. This causes the Hulu app to stop working because it is set to be available only in the United States and not in any other country.
(4) Clear Cache and Data on Roku
Sometimes without your knowledge, there will be a large amount of cache and data stored in the background of your Roku device. This may cause some problems when you use Roku. So, try clearing the cache on Roku and check whether Hulu is working or not. This set of commands will help you clear the cache and data on Roku.
(1) Press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) A Home menu will appear on Roku, and press the Home button five times.
(3) Tap the Up arrow button once and press the Rewind button twice.
(4) Press the Fast Forward button twice. The cache and data on Roku will be cleared.
(5) Restart Roku
Try restarting Roku and check whether Hulu is working or not.
(1) Turn on your Roku device.
(2) Press Home on the Roku remote and select Settings.
(2) Choose the System option. From the System section, select System > System restart.
(3) Select Restart to restart your Roku device.
(6) Reinstall Hulu
If the Hulu is still not working, delete the channel on Roku and add it again. Use the following steps to remove the Hulu app from your Roku device:
(1) Launch your Roku device and tap the Home button on the Roku remote. Next, press the Right Arrow button on your Roku remote.
(2) Choose the Hulu app and press the Star button(*) on the remote.
(3) Select Remove channel from the list of options to remove the Hulu app from Roku.
To install the Hulu on Roku, use the following steps:
(1) Press Home on your remote and select Streaming Services.
(2) Choose Search Channels and enter Hulu in the search bar.
(3) Select the Hulu app from the search results and choose Add channel.
(4) Choose OK to confirm whether Hulu will be added to your Roku device.
(5) Open Hulu and log in with your Hulu account and check whether it is working or not.
Extra Troubleshoot Methods
The following are some of the additional troubleshooting methods you can follow to fix the Hulu not working issues on your Roku.
(1) Check Network Connection
By checking your network connection speed, you can know your Signal strength and download speed. Follow these steps to check network connection Press Home on remote > choose Settings > select Network > choose the Check connection option.
(2) Check Whether Hulu Servers are Down
Sometimes there might be some issues with the Hulu servers. So, that’s the reason why the Hulu is not loading on your Roku device-connected TV. If that’s the case, you can directly test the Hulu servers by using third-party websites like the Downdetector.
(3) Check Factory Reset
Try Factory resetting your Roku; this can solve all your problems. To factory reset Roku, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. Then, enter the code displayed on the bottom of the screen and select OK to reset your Roku device-connected TV.
In case, after trying out all the above methods and the Hulu is still not working on Roku, then go to Roku Support or Hulu help. Here, professionals who deal with these kinds of problems on a daily basis will help you sort out the problem.
There might be some problems with the software of Hulu or Roku devices; this is why Hulu is not working on Roku.
Yes, by using the methods in this article, you can quickly solve Hulu not working issue on Roku.