The cache is a temporary storage file that gets stored on our device while you use an app or visit a website. So, whenever you revisit the same app or website, your device will use the Cache to load the same easily. In other words, the cache is the temporary storage of your device. That means there will be a decrease in the loading time, and you will get the results quickly. Roku includes cache memory, and there are quite advantages as well as disadvantages of this feature. i.e., the cache of your Roku decreases the performance and storage. So, it is vital to know how to clear cache memory on Roku TV. With this, your device speeds up, and you can work on it effortlessly.
How to Clear Cache on Roku
There are three ways you can clear Cache on Roku. They are:
- Clear Cache of a Specific App
- Clear the Cache on the Entire Roku device
Steps to Clear Cache of a Specific App on Roku
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV.
2. Press the Home button from your Roku TV remote controller.
3. Select the application you want to remove the Cache from.
4. Select Remove Channel.
5. Now, the channel gets removed from your Roku Tv.
6. Then, go to Settings > System > System Restart.
7. Now, Select System Restart > Restart.
8. Your Roku TV will restart.
9. With this, the data associated with the channel gets removed.
9. You can reinstall the application you have removed from the Roku Channel Store.
Steps to Clear Cache on Entire Roku Device
1. Connect your Roku device to your TV.
2. Touch the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Then, select Home.
Now, perform the following commands using your Roku remote.
- First, press the Home button 5 times.
- Next, press the Up button once.
- Now, press the Rewind button 2 times.
- Then, finally, press the Fast Forward button 2 times.
Related: How to Delete Channels on Roku | 3 Easy Ways to Remove
With the above process, your device will need up to 30 seconds to restart itself and clear the cache on the system. The cache is only a temporary storage file. So, it is not necessary to keep the cache file on our Roku device. The cache is designed to speed up things for a better experience. But cache only slows our Roku device and stores excessive data. So, clear the Roku cache with the above-given procedure.