The cache is a temporary storage file that gets stored on our device while you use an app or visit a website. So, whenever you revisit the same app or website, your device will use the Cache to load the same easily. In other words, the cache is the temporary storage of your device. That means there will be a decrease in the loading time, and you will get the results quickly. Roku includes cache memory, and there are quite advantages as well as disadvantages of this feature. i.e., the cache of your Roku decreases the performance and storage. So, it is vital to know how to clear cache memory on Roku TV. With this, your device speeds up, and you can work on it effortlessly.
Is it Possible to Clear Cache on Roku?
Yes, you can clear the cache on your streaming device using your remote. Also, there is another shortcut method that allows you to clear the cache on a specific channel. And the exact procedure for the same will be discussed in the following section.
Is it a Good Idea to Clear Cache on Roku?
Yes, if you want an increase in your Roku device’s performance, clearing the cache is a good idea. Once the cache stored on your Roku device is cleared, you can expect good performance.
How to Clear Cache on Roku
There are three ways you can use to clear Cache on your streaming device. They are:
- Clear Cache of a Specific App
- Clear the Cache on the Entire streaming device
Steps to Clear Cache of a Specific App on Roku
To clear the Cache from a specific app, you need to delete the channel on Roku.
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV.
2. Press the Home button from your Roku TV remote controller.
3. Select the application you want to remove the Cache from.
4. Next, press the Asterisk button (*) on your Roku remote and select the Remove Channel option from the pop-up window.
5. Now, the channel gets removed from your Roku TV.
6. Then, go to Settings > System > System Restart.
7. Now, Select System Restart > Restart.
8. Your Roku TV will restart.
9. With this, the data associated with the channel gets removed.
9. After that, if you wish to add the same app again, you can download the app on Roku from the Channel Store.
10. After that, you can launch the app and sign in to your account. Then, you can start to stream your favorites.
Steps to Clear Cache on Entire Roku Device
1. Connect your Roku device to your TV.
2. Touch the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. From the list of options displayed on the left pane, choose the Home option.
Now, perform the following commands using your Roku remote.
- First, press the Home button 5 times.
- Next, press the Up button once.
- Now, press the Rewind button 2 times.
- Then, finally, press the Fast Forward button 2 times.
With the above process, your device will need up to 30 seconds to restart itself and clear the cache on the system. The cache is only a temporary storage file. So, it is not necessary to keep the cache file on our Roku device. The cache is designed to speed up things for a better experience. But cache only slows our Roku device and stores excessive data.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, you can clear the cache on your streaming device.
You can clear the cache on your streaming device by deleting a channel or can use the Roku remote control functions.