DirecTV Stream is a popular streaming service with live TV channels like ESPN, CBS, NBC, TLC, and more. You can also access the on-demand content from platforms like HBO Max, Showtime, Starz, and more in the addon section. To stream all this content on Roku, you can install the DirecTV Stream app from the Channel Store.
- In the DirecTV Stream app, you can watch both live TV and on-demand content.
- For live TV channels, you can pause the stream and save the recordings to the DVR storage.
- With one subscription, you can watch up to three devices simultaneously.
- You can stream the video content in resolutions up to 1080p.
Is DirecTV Stream Free
No, you need a subscription to stream on the DirecTV Stream app. Moreover, DirecTV Stream offers four subscription plans. They are:
- Entertainment – $69.99/month with 65+ channels.
- Choice – $89.99/month with 90+ channels.
- Ultimate – $104.99/month with 130+ channels.
- Premier – $149.99/month with 140+ channels.
To subscribe to DirecTV Stream, visit its official website.
How to Add DirecTV Stream on Roku
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to get the home screen.
2. Tap the Streaming Channels option from the left pane.
3. Scroll down and click the Search Channels button.
4. Search for DirecTV Stream and pick the same from the suggestion list.
5. Hit the Add Channel button on the channel info page.
6. Once the DirecTV Stream is added, select the OK button from the prompt.
Alternative Method to Get DirecTV Stream App on Roku
The following steps will help you add the DirecTV Stream app on your Roku remotely through their official website.
1. Go to a web browser and visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Sign in with your Roku account and click on the Search Channels box.
3. Next, enter DirecTV Stream and search for it.
4. Hit the DirecTV Stream tile from the search results.
5. Next, click on the Add Channel button.
6. After that, your request will be processed in 24 hours.
7. If you want to add DirecTV Stream immediately to your channel’s grid, update Roku right away
How to Record DirecTV Stream on Roku
(1) Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote. Next, select the Right Arrow button on your remote.
(2) Select the DirecTV Stream channel and press the OK button on your remote to launch it.
(3) Complete the Sign-in process by entering your login credentials.
(4) You will get the homepage.
(5) Go to the Live TV section and play any channel.
(6) Now, tap the Right Arrow button on the remote to start the recording.
(7) When you are done with the recording, click the OK button.
(8) The saved recording will be available in the My Library section.
Does My Roku Device Supports the DirecTV Stream App
The following is the list of compatible Roku device models that support the DirecTV Stream app:
|Roku Device||Model Number|
|Roku Streaming Stick||3500X, 3600X, 3800X|
|Roku Smart Soundbar||9100X|
|Roku Premiere||3920X, 4620X|
|Roku Ultra||4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X|
|Roku Express||3700X, 3900X, 3930X|
|4K Roku TV||6000X, 7000X, A000X, C000X, C000GB|
Alternate Way to Stream DIRECTV on Roku [Incompatible Models]
The DirecTV Stream app is available for Android and iOS devices. Since your Roku has an inbuilt screen mirroring feature, you can mirror the content from the DirecTV Stream app to Roku.
- Make sure to enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku.
- Get to the Apple AirPlay and Homekit Settings and turn on the AirPlay feature on Roku.
Screen Mirror DirecTV Stream on Roku from Android Devices
1. Open the Google Play Store and install the DIRECTV app.
2. Next, connect your Android device to Roku’s home WiFi network.
3. Swipe on your Android device’s screen from up to down. Now, you can see the Notification Panel.
4. Tap on the Cast icon from the Notification Panel.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Launch the DirecTV app and log in to your subscription account.
7. Play your favorite videos on the DirecTV app to mirror them to your Roku.
Screen Mirror DirecTV on Roku from iOS Devices
Update your Roku device to the latest version to get AirPlay support.
1. Ensure that you have connected your iOS device and Roku device are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the App Store and install the DIRECTV app.
3. Launch the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Next, select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. After that, launch the DirecTV app and sign in to your account.
8. Choose any of your favorite content and mirror it to Roku.
DirecTV Stream – Name Issues
The DirecTV Stream app is always notorious with its name. On March 2019, DirecTV announced its live TV app under the name DirecTV Now. In the second quarter of 2019, DirecTV Now lost the majority of subscribers. Then, it was rebranded as AT&T TV. The name stood still for two years. Then in 2021, again, the streaming app was rebranded as DirecTV Stream. With these name changes, Roku users were having a hard time locating the app on the Channel Store. As of now, you can get DirecTV services under the name DirecTV Stream in the Store.
The DirecTV Stream app is available only on the selected Roku device. If you are using older Roku devices, you can’t access the DirecTV Stream app.