DirecTV Stream is a popular streaming service that is natively available for Roku devices. You can add this app on a compatible Roku device directly from the Channel Store. Those who haven’t been able to add the DirecTV app can screen mirror its content from their smartphone to Roku.
To get full access to the media library of DirecTV Stream, you should get any of its subscription packages. With the premium account on DirecTV, you can watch live TV channels like ESPN, CBS, NBC, TLC, and more. For live TV channels, you can pause the stream and save the recordings to the DVR storage. With one subscription, you can watch up to three devices simultaneously in resolutions up to 1080p.
Let us walk through the installation steps for DirecTV Stream on Roku. Along with that, you will learn some extra information like subscription details, instructions for recording, supported Roku devices, alternate streaming ways, and troubleshooting tips for DirecTV.
How Much is DirecTV Stream on Roku
As of December 2023, DirecTV Stream offers three subscription plans. You can get any of the plans from the official subscription page of DirecTV Stream.
|Subscription Plans||Monthly Cost||No. of Channels|
|ENTERTAINMENT + SPORTS PACK||$69.98||75+|
|CHOICE + SPORTS PACK||$83.99||105+|
|ULTIMATE + SPORTS PACK||$94.99||140+|
If you are a new subscriber to DirecTV, you will get a 5-day free trial on all these three subscription plans.
How to Add DirecTV Stream on Roku
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to get the home screen.
2. Tap the Streaming Channels option from the left pane.
3. Scroll down and click the Search Channels button.
4. Search for DirecTV Stream and pick the same from the suggestion list.
5. Hit the Add Channel button on the channel info page.
6. Once the DirecTV Stream is added, select the OK button from the prompt.
Alternative Method to Get DirecTV Stream App on Roku
The following steps will help you add the DirecTV Stream app on your Roku remotely through their official website.
1. Go to a web browser and visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Sign in with your Roku account and click on the Search Channels box.
3. Next, enter DirecTV Stream and search for it.
4. Hit the DirecTV Stream tile from the search results.
5. Next, click on the Add Channel button.
6. After that, your request will be processed in 24 hours.
If you want to add DirecTV Stream immediately to your channel’s grid, update Roku right away.
How to Record DirecTV Stream on Roku
1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote. Next, select the Right Arrow button on your remote.
2. Select the DirecTV Stream channel and press the OK button on your remote to launch it.
3. Complete the Sign-in process by entering your login credentials.
4. Go to the Live TV section and play any channel from the homepage.
5. Now, tap the Right Arrow button on the remote to start the recording.
6. When you are done with the recording, click the OK button.
7. The saved recording will be available in the My Library section.
Does My Roku Device Support the DirecTV Stream App
The following is the list of compatible Roku device models that support the DirecTV Stream app:
|Roku Device||Model Number|
|Roku Streaming Stick||3500X, 3600X, 3800X|
|Roku Smart Soundbar||9100X|
|Roku Premiere||3920X, 4620X|
|Roku Ultra||4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X|
|Roku Express||3700X, 3900X, 3930X|
|4K Roku TV||6000X, 7000X, A000X, C000X, C000GB|
How to Fix DirecTV Not Working on Roku
If the DirecTV app is not working on your Roku TV or device, you can easily fix the issue with the simple troubleshooting tips listed below.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- Reboot the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- As a last solution, contact customer support to fix the issue immediately.
Alternate Way to Stream DIRECTV on Roku [Incompatible Models]
The DirecTV Stream app is available for Android and iOS devices. Since your Roku has an inbuilt screen mirroring feature, you can mirror the content from this app to Roku.
- Make sure to enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku.
- Get to the Apple AirPlay and Homekit Settings and turn on the AirPlay feature on Roku.
Screen Mirror DirecTV on Roku from Android Devices
1. Open the Google Play Store and install the DIRECTV app.
2. Next, connect your Android device to Roku’s home WiFi network.
3. Launch the DirecTV app and log in to your subscription account.
4. Select the media content you want to cast.
5. Hit the Cast icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
6. Now, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
Now, the selected video will be mirrored on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror DirecTV on Roku from iPhone/iPad
1. Ensure that you have connected your iPhone/iPad device and Roku device are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the App Store and install the DIRECTV app.
3. Launch the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Next, select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. After that, launch the DirecTV app and sign in to your account.
8. Choose any of your favorite content and mirror it to Roku.
Yes. By adding the DirecTV app from the Roku Channel Store, you can stream DirecTV directly on your Roku device.
The app is available only on the selected Roku device. If you are using older Roku devices, you can’t access the DirecTV Stream app.