OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) is an American TV Channel and it is a joint venture between Discovery, Inc and Harpo Studious. Watch OWN is an online streaming app for watching live and on-demand OWN content. It streams popular shows like Greenleaf, Super Soul Sunday, Dr. Phil, Black Love, Queen Sugar, Oprah Prime, etc. Roku has the Watch OWN app for free in its Channel Store. Let’s see the steps to stream Watch OWN on Roku.
Features of Watch OWN
- Watch OWN streams the live OWN channel and it has 24/7 schedule of live shows of OWN network.
- The content library is filled with many TV shows. It has full episodes of series for binge watching.
- It also has Originals of OWN network along with specials, talk shows, Documentaries. Own app has marathons in which all episodes of the series are broadcasted at a time.
- It can resume the show from where you left the last time and thereby you can save time in searching the previously watched shows.
- The app has Closed Captioning for all Live and on-demand content. The contents are available in 1080p HD quality.
Pricing of Watch OWN
Steps to Add Watch OWN on Roku
1. Connect the Roku device to the HDMI port of the TV and launch Roku.
2. Press the Home button on the remote to get menu. Navigate to Streaming Channels.
3. In the Channel Store, scroll down and select Search Channels.
4. Type OWN using remote and select the Watch OWN app from suggestions.
5. Tap Add Channel to install the app and select OK in the prompt.
Steps to Activate Watch OWN on Roku
1. Select Go to Channel to launch Watch OWN app on Roku.
2. Click Sign In on the Home screen. An activation code appears on the screen.
3. Go to https://start.watchown.tv/activate site using your PC or Smartphone. Make sure both Roku and phone or PC connected to the same WiFi.
4. Enter the Activation code and click Activate. This will activate the app on Roku.
5. Sign in with your TV provider credentials and enjoy the streaming.
Alternative Ways to Stream OWN on Roku
You can also stream OWN on Roku through the OTT streaming services. They are Philo, FuboTV, YouTube TV, AT&T TV, etc. These apps are available for free in the Roku Channel Store.
Philo has Watch OWN in its 61 channel package. The subscription of Philo is $20 per month which is the cheapest among other streaming apps. It has 25,000+ on-demand titles in its content library. It also offers 7 days free trial for streaming and supports simultaneous streaming on 3 devices. Philo has unlimited Cloud DVR storage for 30 days.
FuboTV offers OWN along with AMC, BBC America, ESPN, CBSN, FOX, Life Time, etc. it costs $59.99 per month with a 7-day free trial. It has cloud DVR storage for 30 hours and streams on 2 devices at a time. It also has a Family and Elite subscription for additional facilities.
OWN was recently added to YouTube TV’s 85+ channel lists and it has excellent local channel coverage. The cost of a YouTube TV subscription is $64.99 per month along with 6 profile creation support. It offers unlimited cloud DVR storage and can stream in 3 devices at a time.
Hence, the above methods will guide you in streaming OWN on Roku in multiple ways. OWN shows and series are mostly focused on African Americans and they have a huge fan base of African Americans. If you have any doubts about the above steps for watching OWN on Roku, please specify it in the comments.
1. Can I watch OWN without cable?
You can watch OWN contents in Watch OWN app and OWN channel is available in streaming apps also.
2. How to stream OWN on Roku?
You can stream OWN on Roku by adding the Watch OWN app from the channel store and you can follow the above steps for quick completion of the process.
3. Which Streaming app has OWN network?
OWN network is available in the channel lists of Philo, FuboTV, AT&T TV, and YouTube TV.