Starz is an American cable channel owned by Lions Gate Entertainment. Starz’s programming theme is to deliver the contents originally produced by them and the first-run television series. The Starz library contains all the genres available like action, thriller, drama, fantasy, sci-fi, and more genres. Also, you can watch Starz on smart devices like Android, iOS, and Roku with the help of the Starz app. You only need a TV provider account to access the Starz app, and there are currently more than 28 million subscribers for Starz. You can be one of the subscribers by subscribing to a TV provider like Suddenlink, Verizon, Spectrum, Mediacom, and other cable TV providers, or you can visit the official website of Starz and subscribe to their service for $8.99 per month.
How to Add Starz on Roku
1. Setup your Roku device and connect to an internet connection.
2. Press the Roku Remote’s Home button.
3. Select Streaming Channels.
4. Then, select Search Channels.
5. Search for the Starz application and choose it from the search result.
6. Select Add Channel to add Starz to your Roku device.
7. Now, select OK from the Prompt.
Alternative Method – How to Add Starz on Roku
You can also add the Starz app to your Roku from the web version of the Roku Channel Store.
1. Open any web browser from any smart device.
2. Then, visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
3. Next, click on the Sign in button from the upper right corner and input your credentials to sign in to your account.
4. Then, click on the Search Channels box.
5. Enter Starz and search for the app.
6. Select the Starz app from the search result.
7. Now, click on the Add Channel button from the app’s description page.
8. Enter your Roku PIN if required.
9. Finally, the Starz channel will be added to your Roku TV.
How to Activate Starz on Roku
1. After adding the Starz app, launch it.
2. Log in to your account.
3. An Activation Code will be displayed on the screen.
4. Visit the Activation Website of Starz.
5. Provide the activation code and click on Submit.
6. Now, you have successfully activated Starz on your Roku device.
How to Watch Starz on Roku
1. After the activation process, relaunch your Roku device.
2. Now, all the available contents are yours.
3. Then, you can choose any movie or TV series to watch on your Roku.
Related: How to Add, Activate & Watch VUDU on Roku
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror Starz to Roku
At first, you should enable screen mirroring on Roku. So, follow the steps below to enable screen mirroring on Roku.
1. Turn on your Roku device and your TV.
2. Hit the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Select Settings.
4. Then, select System.
5. Now, choose Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode.
6. Select Prompt or Allways Allow to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku.
- Prompt – Every time, your Roku device will ask permission to allow or deny the Request when a device requests screen mirroring.
- Always Allow – Screen Mirroring will be automatically allowed when a device requests a connection.
Now, you have successfully enabled Screen Mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror Starz on Roku from Android Smartphone
After enabling the screen mirroring on Roku, you can follow the steps below to screen mirror Starz from Android Smartphone.
1. Install the Starz application from the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Select Cast or Screen Mirroring or Smart Mirroring or Smart View. Because the screen mirroring feature varies from device to device.
3. Now, select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. Open the Straz app and log in to your account.
5. Chose any movie or TV series to watch on your Roku device.
Related: How to Get Ring App on Roku TV
You have all the entertainment you wish to watch on the Starz Network. So, add Starz to your Roku device and reach out to the entertainment zone anytime you want.
Screen Mirror Starz on Roku from iOS Smartphone
Enable the AirPlay feature on Roku from the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. To do that go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. After that, you can follow the steps below to screen Mirror the Starz app from iOS Smartphone.
1. Go to the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Next, search and install the Starz app.
3. Once the Starz app is installed, launch the Control Center.
4. Tap on Screen Mirroring from the Control Center.
5. Then, choose your Roku device.
6. Now, launch the Starz app and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
7. Finally, you can stream any of your favorite movies or TV series to watch on your Roku TV.
BONUS: How to Cancel Starz on Roku
Let us suppose assume that you would like the cancel the Starz subscription. The following steps will help you with the same issue.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Then, press the Right button from the directional keys.
3. Scroll down and select the Starz channel.
4. Next, press the Asterisk button on your Roku TV remote.
5. Now, select the Manage Subscription option.
6. Now, select Cancel Subscription from the prompt.
After that, the Starz subscription will be canceled on your Roku device.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, the Starz app is on the Channel Store.
You can add the Starz channel for free but to access the platform; you need a subscription.
You need to pay $8.99 per month to get a subscription from the Starz platform.