HBO Max has finally entered Roku Channel Store. HBO Max is the newest streaming service for on-demand content launched by WarnerMedia. It is accessible only in the United States and certain US territories. You can get HBO Max for free in the Channel Store. Let’s see how to watch HBO Max on Roku.
Features of HBO Max
- HBO Max has a huge collection of content for 10,000+ hours, including famous and blockbuster movies and Max originals.
- It has the most popular and successful TV shows, including Game of Thrones, Friends, The Big Bang Theory, etc.
- The content can be downloaded for offline streaming anytime and anywhere. It is available in 4K ultra HD and HDR.
- HBO Max premieres new movies on the same day as theaters and is available for 31 days from its theatrical release.
- The content recommendations are handpicked to enhance and fulfill the watching experience. In addition, it has a specially curated list of content for kids.
Pricing of HBO Max
The HBO Max subscription costs $14.99 per month. It provides a facility for creating five profiles with a single account for personalized streaming. You can cancel the subscription anytime.
How to Get HBO MAX on Roku TV Stick
1. Connect the Roku device to the TV’s HDMI port and start Roku.
2. Press the Home button on the remote to get the menu.
3. Scroll down and select Streaming Channels to open the channel store.
4. Navigate to Search channels and search for HBO Max.
5. Select Add Channel option to add HBO Max to your streaming device.
6. After installation, click OK in the prompt.
Alternative Method – Add HBO Max on Roku from the Web
The below methods will help you add the HBO Max platform on your streaming device from the web.
1. Visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Then, click on the Sign In button from the upper right corner and sign in to your account.
3. Click on the Search Box and enter HBO Max. Next, search for the app.
4. Now, click on the HBO Max app from the search result.
5. Select the Add Channel button.
6. Now, the HBO Max app will be added to your streaming device.
Steps to Sign In to HBO Max on Roku
1. Launch HBO Max after adding it from the Channel Store.
2. Select Sign In or click Sign up now if you don’t have an account.
3. Enter the Email and Password of your account. Click Sign In.
4. Choose the content and start streaming it on Roku.
Thus, HBO Max provides complete entertainment with a wide range of contents. It also has free episodes for streaming without a subscription. The content for free episodes is available in all genres.
How to Screen Mirror HBO Max on Roku
Before getting into the screen mirroring process, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode. Now, click on Prompt or Allways Allow to enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku.
1. If you haven’t installed the HBO Max on your Android SMartphone yet, install the HBO Max from the Google Play Store.
2. Swipe your Smartphone’s screen from up to down. This brings up the Notification Panel.
3. Tap on Cast from the Notification Panel and select your Roku device.
4. Next, launch the HBO Max app and log in to your account.
5. Play any entertainment content you want and watch it on your Roku TV.
Yes, HBO Max is free to add to your streaming device.
HBO Max may be geo-restricted in certain locations.
Click on Streaming channels > Search Channels and search for the HBO Max to find it.
There may be some problems like subscription validity issues. So, check your subscription and try again.