NBA is a familiar Basketball league with a huge fan base in the US. Roku has made it convenient for users, as it is available in the Roku channel store. On the other hand, Roku users can also stream all upcoming NBA games on some popular streaming services that offer the NBA channel in their lineup.
The Preseason matches of NBA Season 2023-24 kicked off on October 5 in Abu Dhabi. To access all these upcoming games, you should have a subscription account on either the NBA app or streaming services, such as Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, fuboTV, and DirecTV Stream.
On Roku devices, here are some reliable methods that can help the basketball enthusiast keep tracking the updates on the NBA league.
NBA Plans & Pricing
NBA offers two types of subscription packages with monthly and season plans. You can get any of the plans from its official subscription page.
|Subscription Packages||Monthly Plan||Season Plan|
|League Pass Premium||$99.99||$149.99|
In the Premium plan, you can watch ad-free content with three simultaneous streams. Both plans offer a 7-day free trial to new users.
How to Add NBA on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for NBA in the Roku Channel Store.
4. Click + Add Channel to install the app on your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch NBA on Roku.
How to Add NBA from the Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter NBA in the search bar.
3. Click + Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update the firmware of the Roku device to get it immediately.
How to Activate NBA on Roku
1. Launch the NBA app on your Roku device.
2. Make a note of the Activation Code that appears on-screen.
In case the code doesn’t appear, click on the Sign In or Login button to generate the activation code.
3. On the PC, go to the NBA official website’s activation page using your default web browser.
4. Enter the activation code, and click on the Continue button.
5. Next, log in using the NBA League Pass credentials.
6. Wait for the activation process to complete, and proceed to restart the NBA app.
7. Finally, you can stream the game of your favorite team and enjoy watching them on your Roku device.
How to Watch NBA on Roku without Cable- Alternative Ways
Live TV streaming services are the perfect option to watch the NBA if you haven’t signed up for any of the TV provider subscriptions. Apart from the NBA, you can also watch other sports events with the services discussed below.
Hulu would be a reliable alternative to watch the NBA league without a cable provider. This service will likely provide access to ESPN and TNT channels in their basic package. It would cost approximately $69.99 per month. Moreover, it offers unlimited DVR storage to record any game you might miss. It lets you stream the contents on two screens simultaneously with access to over 80+ local channels.
With Sling TV on Roku, you can watch all NBA matches in high video resolution. To access NBA league matches, you should buy a Sling Orange subscription plan that costs approximately $40 per month. Moreover, this service is the most economical option for watching NBA live. We can access ESPN, TNT, and ABC channels by getting this subscription plan. Watching Live TV is also easier and more affordable with this service provider.
YouTube TV is an excellent option for streaming live sports, and fortunately, this streaming platform includes channels like ESPN, TNT, and ABC. You can access most channels for $72.99 per month without the Regional Sports Network. To access NBA matches, you should get an add-on package named NBA League Pass which costs $14.99/month. Using this service, we can stream simultaneously on 3 devices. YouTube TV also offers unlimited DVR storage, which makes it stand out from other streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM on Roku is the best choice for streaming the NBA league live. Though they have several packages, we will have to opt for the Choice plan, which costs approximately $99.99 per month. Moreover, this streaming platform offers over 140+ channels, including ESPN, TNT, ABC, and other local channels. They offer unlimited DVR storage, but the backup will be available for 9 months.
FuboTV on Roku is the best platform to watch any sports event. Get FuboTV the Pro Plan at approximately $74.99 monthly with a 7-day free trial and access to 100+ top cable channels, including ESPN, TNT, and ABC, to stream the NBA tournament. FuboTV on Roku supports a Cloud DVR space of 1000 hours, so you can record your favorite NBA league to watch them whenever you want.
How to Fix NBA Not Working on Roku
If you are facing any issues like the app crashing, black screen, or not loading with the NBA app on your Roku, you need to perform some troubleshooting techniques to fix those issues.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- Reboot the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- As a last solution, contact customer support to fix the issue immediately.
NBA Season 2023-2024 Schedule
For your reference, we’ve tabulated the complete fixtures of NBA Season 2023-24 held from December 8 to December 15.
|Detroit vs Orlando||7:00 PM|
|Atlanta vs Philadelphia||7:00 PM|
|Toronto vs Charlotte||7:00 PM|
|Washington vs Brooklyn||7:30 PM|
|New York vs Boston||7:30 PM|
|Cleveland vs Miami||8:00 PM|
|Golden St. vs Oklahoma City||8:00 PM|
|Minnesota vs Memphis||8:00 PM|
|Chicago vs San Antonio||8:00 PM|
|Houston vs Denver||8:00 PM|
|Sacramento vs Phoenix||9:00 PM|
|Dallas vs Portland||10:00 PM|
|L.A. Clippers vs Utah||10:00 PM|
|Indiana vs Detroit||7:00 PM|
|Cleveland vs Orlando||7:00 PM|
|Washington vs Philadelphia||7:00 PM|
|Miami vs Charlotte||7:00 PM|
|Denver vs Atlanta||7:30 PM|
|Toronto vs New York||7:30 PM|
|Minnesota vs New Orleans||8:00 PM|
|San Antonio vs Houston||8:00 PM|
|Chicago vs Milwaukee||8:00 PM|
|Utah vs Oklahoma City||8:00 PM|
|Dallas vs Memphis||8:00 PM|
|Brooklyn vs Sacramento||10:00 PM|
|Portland vs L.A. Clippers||10:00 PM|
|L.A. Lakers vs Dallas||7:30 PM|
|Cleveland vs Boston||7:30 PM|
|Denver vs Chicago||8:00 PM|
|Golden St. vs Phoenix||10:00 PM|
|Sacramento vs L.A. Clippers||10:30 PM|
|Philadelphia vs Detroit||7:00 PM|
|New Orleans vs Washington||7:00 PM|
|Charlotte vs Miami||7:30 PM|
|Atlanta vs Toronto||7:30 PM|
|Memphis vs Houston||8:00 PM|
|Indiana vs Milwaukee||8:00 PM|
|L.A. Lakers vs San Antonio||8:00 PM|
|Brooklyn vs Phoenix||9:00 PM|
|New York vs Utah||9:00 PM|
|Cleveland vs Boston||7:30 PM|
|Chicago vs Miami||7:30 PM|
|Minnesota vs Dallas||8:30 PM|
|Brooklyn vs Denver||9:00 PM|
|Utah vs Portland||10:00 PM|
|Oklahoma City vs Sacramento||10:00 PM|
|Golden St. vs L.A. Clippers||10:30 PM|
|Detroit vs Philadelphia||7:00 PM|
|Indiana vs Washington||7:00 PM|
|New Orleans vs Charlotte||7:00 PM|
|L.A. Lakers vs San Antonio||7:30 PM|
|Orlando vs Boston||7:30 PM|
|Atlanta vs Toronto||7:30 PM|
|Houston vs Memphis||8:00 PM|
|New York vs Phoenix||10:00 PM|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. On the Roku Channel Store, the NBA app is natively available to install on your Roku devices.
Yes. With the help of a 7-day free trial of the NBA League Pass or a free trial account of any of the streaming services that offer NBA events, you can watch this season for completely free on Roku.