NBA is a familiar Basketball league with a huge fan base in the US. Roku has made it convenient for users, as it is available in the Roku channel store. Recently, the NBA league started on 18th October 2022 and will continue until 9th April 2023. Moreover, the NBA finals are likely to happen in June 2023. This channel is available with many other TV service providers as a package, including Hulu, Fubo TV, Watch TNT, and more.
Highlights on NBA App on Roku
The salient features of the NBA app are listed down.
- Catch up with the latest highlights, scores, and stats of the NBA games.
- You can stream live games from the beginning with the help of Watch from Beginning features.
- Get access to exclusive interviews, press conferences, and many more on this app.
- It allows you to watch in-game and post-game highlights, replay the games, etc.
- You can get trending news about your favorite teams or leagues through this app.
NBA Plans & Pricing
You must purchase NBA League Pass on Roku to live stream NBA games. Then, choose any of the subscriptions given below.
How to Add NBA on Roku
1. On Roku’s Homepage, click on the Streaming Channels option.
2. Go to the Search option in the Roku channel store, and search for the NBA channel.
3. Select the app from the search result, and click the Add Channel button.
4. After installation, you will get a pop-up to confirm. Then, click on Ok to complete the process.
How to Activate NBA on Roku
1. Launch the NBA app on your Roku device.
2. Make a note of the Activation Code that appears on-screen. In case the code doesn’t appear, click on the Sign In or Login button to generate the activation code.
3. On the PC, go to the NBA official website’s activation page using your default web browser.
4. Enter the activation code, and click on the Continue button.
5. Next, login in using the NBA League Pass credentials.
6. Wait for the activation process to complete, and proceed to restart the NBA app.
7. Finally, you can stream the game of your favorite team and enjoy watching them on your Roku device.
How to Watch NBA on Roku without cable- Alternative Ways
NBA games can be streamed on cable TV channels like ESPN, TNT, and ABC, and you can get access to these channels by subscribing to one package mentioned below.
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
- DIRECTV STREAM
Hulu would be a reliable alternative to watch the NBA league without a cable provider. This service will likely provide access to ESPN and TNT channels in their basic package. It would cost approximately $69.99 per month. Moreover, it offers unlimited DVR storage to record any game you might miss. It lets you stream the contents on two screens simultaneously with access to over 80+ local channels.
Sling TV has a Sling Orange subscription plan that costs approximately $35 per month. Moreover, this service is the most economical option for watching NBA live. We can access ESPN, TNT, and ABC channels by getting this subscription plan. Watching Live TV is also easier and more affordable with this service provider.
YouTube TV is an excellent option for streaming live sports, and fortunately, this streaming platform includes channels like ESPN, TNT, and ABC. You can access most channels for $65 per month without the Regional Sports Network. Using this service, we can stream simultaneously on 3 devices. YouTube TV also offers unlimited DVR storage, which makes it stand out from other streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM is the best choice for streaming the NBA league live. Though they have several packages, we will have to opt for the Choice plan, which costs approximately $89.99 per month. Moreover, this streaming platform offers over 140+ channels, including ESPN, TNT, ABC, and other local channels. They offer unlimited DVR storage, but the backup will be available for 9 months.
FuboTV is the best platform to watch any sports event. Get FuboTV the Pro Plan at approximately $69.99 monthly with a 7-day free trial and access to 100+ top cable channels, including ESPN, TNT, and ABC, to stream the NBA tournament. FuboTV on Roku supports a Cloud DVR space of 1000 hours, so you can record your favorite NBA league to watch them whenever you want.
So, the above listed are some reliable methods that can help the basketball enthusiast keep tracking the updates on the NBA league. Though having multiple service providers could be confusing, we can still choose the one that best suits our needs.