Using the truTV app is an easy way to stream all the content of the truTV cable channel. It features crime-themed shows like true-crime documentary series, legal dramas, and many more. It doesn’t require any subscription, and you can start streaming truTV on any device with the supported cable TV providers. This app lets you quickly catch up with full episodes of your favorite shows. truTV app supports a wide range of devices, and Roku is among them. Let’s see how to access truTV on Roku through the upcoming section.
Here are the valuable features of truTV:
- It allows you to stream the live and on-demand of truTV.
- You can watch your ever-favorite classic shows and live sports.
- Easily binge-watch current originals of truTV such as Impractical Jokers, Tacoma FD, Adam Ruins Everything, and much more.
- It helps you to access various episodes, extras, info and get intelligent recommendations.
Pricing of truTV
As before said, truTV is not a subscription-based service. All you should do is log in with your TV provider subscription and start streaming it on your devices. Some TV Service providers that support the truTV app include Spectrum, Comcast, XFINITY, Cox, DIRECTV, Dish, Optimum, Suddenlink, Verizon, and so on.
How to Add truTV on Roku
truTV can be directly installed on your Roku device from the Channel Store. Take a look at the simple steps given below to add truTV on Roku.
1. Connect the Roku device to the HDMI port of your TV.
2. From the Roku homepage, navigate to the Streaming Channels section.
3. Select the Search Channels option, and type truTV on the search box using the remote.
4. A list of app names will be shown on the screen with regards to truTV.
5. Click on the truTV tile from the list to go to its download page.
6. Select the Add Channel button to install the app.
7. After installing the truTV app, select the OK button from the prompt.
Alternative Method to Add truTV on Roku
1. Open any web browser on your smartphone or PC.
2. Input the URL of the Roku Channel Store: https://channelstore.roku.com/ and visit it.
3. Click on the Sign in button and enter your Roku device’s account credentials to sign in to your account.
4. Next, select the search box and enter truTV.
5. Search for truTV and choose it from the search result.
6. Click the Add Channel button, and the truTV will be added to Roku within 24 hours.
Tip: You need to update Roku if you want to add the truTV immediately.
How to Activate truTV on Roku
1. Go to the home screen and press the Right Arrow button on your remote to view the installed apps list.
2. Scroll down to the truTV app and press the OK button on your remote to launch the app.
3. The app will display the Activation code and request you to activate it.
4. Visit the https://www.trutv.com/activate/roku link from your smartphone or PC. Choose your Device and hit the Continue button to proceed further.
5. Enter the code and press the Submit button to complete the activation.
6. Now, sign in with your TV provider login details.
7. Afterward, go back to the truTV app and select your favorite show.
8. You can now enjoy streaming your favorite shows from truTV on Roku.
How to Watch truTV on Roku without a Cable
truTV can also be accessed without cable. The following are the streaming services that offer the truTV channel.
If you want to watch truTV at an affordable price, Sling TV on Roku is the best-ever choice. You can easily catch up on your favorite truTV shows with the Sling Blue subscription, which costs about $35 per month.
truTV is available with YouTube TV on Roku that offers 70+ live TV channels. In addition to the subscription, 6 users can access YouTube TV simultaneously. Also, you will get unlimited cloud DVR storage. It also doesn’t have any lock-in contract and costs about $64.99 per month.
Hulu on Roku is occupied with many solid advantages that make people opt for it. To get the truTV with Hulu, you need to subscribe to the Hulu+Live TV plan at $69.99 per month. It offers truTV along with its sister channels like TNT, TBS, etc.
With the subscription to DirecTV Stream’s Entertainment Plan at $69.99 per month, you can get the truTV channel. As a part of their subscription plan, 20 users can stream using your DirecTV Stream simultaneously. Even you have the unlimited cloud DVR Storage feature to record your favorite shows.
Yes, the truTV is available for free in the Channel Store.
The truTV app is free to install. However, to access the truTV app, you need a participating cable TV provider account.