truTV is an easy and straightforward way to stream all the content of the truTV cable channel. It features crime-themed shows like true-crime documentary series, legal dramas, and many more. It doesn’t require any subscription, and you can start streaming truTV on any devices with compatible TV providers. You can quickly catch-up with full-episodes of your favorite shows through this service. truTV app supports a wide range of devices, and Roku is one among them. Let’s see how to access truTV on Roku through the upcoming section.
Here are the useful features of truTV:
- It allows you to stream the live and on-demand of truTV.
- You can watch your ever-favorite classic shows and live sports.
- Easily binge-watch current originals of truTV such as Impractical Jokers, Tacoma FD, Adam Ruins Everything, and much more.
- It has an in-built cast option which lets you cast truTV on to the bigger screens.
- It helps you to access various episodes, extras, info, and get intelligent recommendations.
Pricing of truTV
As before said, truTV is not a subscription-based service. All you should do is log in with your TV provider subscription and start streaming it on your devices. Some of the TV Service providers that support the truTV app includes AT&T, Spectrum, Comcast, XFINITY, Cox, DIRECTV, Dish, Optimum, Suddenlink, Verizon, and so on.
How to Add truTV on Roku
truTV can be directly installed on your Roku device from the Channel Store. Take a look at the simple steps given below to add truTV on Roku.
1. Connect the Roku device to the HDMI port of your TV.
2. From the Roku homepage, navigate to the Streaming Channels section.
3. Select the Search option, and type truTV on the search box using the remote.
4. A list of app names will be shown on the screen with regards to truTV.
5. Click on the truTV tile from the list to go to its download page.
6. Click-on the Add Channel button to install the app and then hit OK.
How to Activate truTV on Roku
1. Head over to the truTV from the Roku home screen.
2. The app will display the Activation code and request you to activate it.
3. Visit the https://www.trutv.com/activate/roku link from your mobile/PC. Choose your Device and hit the Continue button to proceed further.
4. Enter the code and press the Submit button to complete the activation.
5. Now, sign-in with your TV provider login details and get the truTV’s library.
6. Select your favorite show and stream it on the Roku.
Alternative Ways to Watch truTV on Roku
truTV can also be accessed without cable. The following are the streaming services that offer the truTV channel. They are:
If you want to watch truTV within your budget, Sling TV on Roku is the best-ever choice. You can easily catch-up on your favorite truTV shows with the Sling Blue subscription that costs about $30 per month.
truTV is available on YouTube TV along with 70+ channels. You get the option to access lots of YouTube TV features while streaming truTV. It also doesn’t have any lock-in contract and costs about $50 a month.
Hulu is occupied with many solid advantages that make people opt for it. Get this service at $55 a month without contracts. It offers truTV along with its sister channels like TNT, TBS, etc.
Does truTV have a Roku app?
Roku natively offers the truTV app, and so it can be easily installed from Channel Store. Watch the truTV’s crime based programs on Roku.
Does the truTV app cost money?
truTV does not cost you any money as it is not a subscription-based service. You can start to stream truTV with your TV provider subscription.
How can I watch TruTV without cable?
You can obviously watch truTV without cable by means of streaming services like Sling TV, Hulu, or YouTube TV.
Where can I stream truTV?
truTV is compatible with multiple devices, including Roku, Firestick, Android, and many more.