TBS is one of the most-used and popular live TV Channels in the US. The channel allows you to stream classic movies, TV shows, sports content, and much more. Roku users can download the TBS app directly from the Channel Store without any hassle. The service does not offer any standalone subscription to access the channel. You can stream TBS on Roku with a cable TV Provider subscription. If you are a cord-cutter, you can also stream TBS on Roku via streaming services like Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, and much more.
- TBS offers you to stream popular content like Star Wars, Fast and Furious, Marvel, DC, and more.
- The Movies and TV shows of the channel are available in HD streaming quality.
- The channel offers Closed captioning for TV shows.
- It offers DVS (Descriptive Video Service) for visually impaired audiences.
- The application has built-in Chromecast support to stream the content on the big screen.
TBS is free with a TV Provider subscription, and it supports many TV providers. Some of the TV providers are
As mentioned above, you can stream TS on Roku for free with the Cable TV Provider subscription. Most of the cable TV Providers are compatible with TBS. Some of the popular cable TV providers are AT&T, Spectrum, COX, DirecTV, Dish, Optimum, and more.
How to Watch TBS on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for TBS in Roku Channel Store.
4. Click + Add Channel to install the app on your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch TBS on Roku.
How to Add TBS from Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter TBS in search of the Roku Channel Store.
3. Click Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update the Roku OS to get it immediately.
How to Activate TBS on Roku
1. Launch the TBS app and select Login to get Activation Code.
2. Go to the TBS Activation Website on your Smartphone or PC.
3. Enter the Activation Code and tap on the Submit button.
4. Log in to your TV Provider credentials on the website. Now, go to the TBS channel on Roku to stream the content.
In addition to direct installation, you can also screen mirror the TBS from Android and iOS devices.
Screen Mirror TBS on Roku from Android
Before proceeding further, you have to enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install TBS on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the TBS app and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
Alternative Method to Stream TBS via Streaming Services
Live TV streaming services are the perfect option to watch TBS on Roku without cable. The TBS is available for streaming on DirecTV, YouTube TV, and Sling TV services.
DirecTV Stream is one of the best streaming services that offer the TBS channel in it. By subscribing to this service, you can access the local and regional sports channels of your favorite team. You can also stream 150+ channels with DirecTV Stream on Roku. The subscription provides 20 hours of unlimited Cloud DVR storage to record TBS content to watch offline. You can stream TBS for a subscription of $64.99/ month.
Website: DirecTV Stream
YouTube TV on Roku is one of the best streaming services that offer the TBS channel in its base plan. Users can get to access the NFL Sunday Ticket as an add-on to their subscription plans. You can also stream 100+ TV channels with this service. It provides unlimited Cloud DVR storage to record TBS and other TV channel content for watching offline. You can stream TBS on YouTube TV, for a subscription of $72.99/ month.
Website: YouTube TV
Sling TV is one of the best streaming services that offer TBS channels in its package. The service offers Kids, News, Lifestyle, Sports, and various channel add-ons that can be included in the current subscription. You can also stream 50+ channels using Sling TV on Roku. It provides 50 hours plus extra Cloud DVR storage for separate pricing to record TBS and other channel content for watching offline. You can stream TBS for a subscription of $40/ month.
Website: Sling TV
TBS Not Working on Roku
If the TBS is not working on your Roku device, you can easily fix the issue with simple troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Reboot the Roku device.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- Clear the temporary files on Roku and try again.
- As a last fix, contact customer support to get the apt fix.
Yes, you can watch American Dad season 18 and previous seasons on the TBS channel by signing in with your TV provider.