- Installation: Go to the Roku home screen → Streaming Channels → Search Channels → Search for SYFY→ Select SYFY→ Add Channel → Click OK.
- Usage: Launch the SYFY app → Click on Sign-in → Note the Activation code → Go to the SYFY activation webpage → Enter the Activation code → Click Continue → Sign in with the TV provider → Start streaming.
SYFY is a premium TV channel to watch live TV and shows related to fantasy, sci-fi, horror, and paranormal. It has several categories such as movies, docuseries, reality shows, etc. SYFY gained popularity for streaming shows like The Ark, Chucky, Resident Alien, Wynonna Earp, and more. With the SYFY WIRE section, you can explore the latest and trending news on science fiction. The SYFY app is natively available on the Roku Channel Store, so it is easy to add on Roku.
Is SYFY Channel Free on Roku
Yes, the SYFY channel is free to access with participating cable TV providers like DirecTV, Xfinity, Spectrum, AT&T, and Dish. Also, with the SYFY app, you can access on-demand content from the NBCUniversal Network like CNBC, Telemundo, Oxygen, Universal Kids, and more.
How to Get SYFY on Roku
1. Turn on Roku and press the Home button on your remote to go to the home screen.
2. Choose the Streaming channels option from the main menu.
3. Scroll down and select the Search Channels option.
4. Use the virtual keyboard and search for SYFY. Next, pick SYFY from the suggestion list.
5. Next, select the Add Channel button on the channel info page.
6. Once the adding process completes, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. On the next screen, select the Go to Channel option to launch the SYFY channel.
Note: You can install Bravo on Roku to watch TV shows like The Real Housewives, Below Deck, Married to Medicine, and many more.
How to Activate SYFY on Roku
1. Launch the SYFY app on your Roku, and you will see the activation code on the TV.
2. If the activation code is not displayed on the screen, select the Log In or Sign In button to generate one.
3. From any web browser, visit the SYFY activation webpage given below.
3. Input the Activation Code and click on the Continue button.
4. Netx, sign in with your cable TV provider to activate the SYFY app.
How to Use SYFY on Roku
1. After activating the SYFY channel, go back to the home screen of Roku.
2. Then, Press the Right Arrow button on your remote.
3. Navigate to the SYFY channel and press the OK button to launch it.
4. Finally, you can stream your favorites from the SYFY channel.
Alternate Method: Screen Mirror SYFY on Roku
Set up the screen mirroring on Roku, and follow the steps below to screen mirror the SYFY app from Android devices like smartphones or tablets.
1. Go to the Google Play Store and install the SYFY app.
2. Next, connect your Android device and Roku to the same WIFI network.
3. Launch the SYFY app and sign in to your account.
4. Pull down the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the list of devices.
6. You can see your Android device’s screen on your Roku device.
7. Go back to the SYFY app and mirror its content on your TV.
How to Stream SYFY on Roku Without Cable
The SYFY app is also accessible on the following streaming services. Moreover, you can watch all the NBC networks in one place without using cable TV providers.
You can get the SYFY channel on Hulu by subscribing to the Hulu+Live TV subscription plan at $69.99 per month. It consists of 85+ channels including on-demand movies, Hulu originals, live sports, and kids’ programming. You can watch channels like Bravo, CNN, VH1, ESPN, etc.
YouTube TV is one of the streaming services that offer unlimited cloud DVR storage. Also, you can stream the SYFY channel with a YouTube TV subscription at $64.99 per month. Moreover, if you are a new subscriber, you will get a 7-day free trial to access YouTube TV.
You need to subscribe to the fuboTV Pro plan at $74.99 per month to get the SYFY channel. Along with the subscription plan, you will get 100+ live TV channels and 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows. Also, you will receive a 7-day free trial to access the services of fuboTV for free.
You can restart or clear the cache on Roku to fix the SYFY app not working issue.
Yes, you can watch the SYFY live via the SYFY app.