SHOWTIME is one of the streaming services to offer tons of content in a wide variety of genres. It offers original series, movies, comedies, sports, documentaries, and more. It is a subscription-based service that includes a 30-day free trial. You don’t need to worry about internet speed as it offers both SD and HD streaming. In addition, it will add new titles every week to keep the library up-to-date. For Roku, you can install the SHOWTIME app from the Roku Channel Store.
- Watch full episodes of all TV series without any commercials.
- Enjoy streaming Dexter: New Blood, Yellowjackets, Billions, The Chi, etc.
- Watch the exclusive SHOWTIME Championship Boxing and Bellator MMA events.
- SHOWTIME offers a TV guide that lets you plan your watching time.
- You can download videos and watch them offline at any time.
SHOWTIME Plans & Pricing
Leading cable TV providers like DISH, Optimum, Fios, and Cox have the SHOWTIME channel. Other than that, you can also subscribe and watch SHOWTIME using the standalone application. Visit https://www.sho.com to activate your plan which costs $10.99 per month. Take a look at the channel number of all Showtime channels.
|AT&T U-VERSE||HD Channels: 1852 – 1886|
SD Channels: 852 – 866
|DIRECTV||545 – 556|
|DISH||318 – 333|
|OPTIMUM||320 – 331|
|VERIZON FIOS / FRONTIER FIOS||HD Channels: 865 – 874|
SD Channels: 365 – 380
How to Add SHOWTIME on Roku
The installation process is simple as the SHOWTIME app is available on the Roku Channel Store.
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV and turn on the internet connection.
2. Go to the home screen by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Click the Streaming Channels option.
4. Next, select the Search Channels option.
5. Search for SHOWTIME using the virtual keyboard and pick the same from the search results.
6. Press the Add Channel button on the app’s download page.
6. Once the installation gets over, tap the OK button.
7. After that, select the Go to Channel button to launch the app.
How to Stream SHOWTIME on Roku
Upon installing the SHOWTIME app, you can sign up with your account to get started.
1. Open the SHOWTIME app on your Roku device using a remote.
2. Login with your cable TV provider account.
3. If your account is validated, the home screen will appear.
4. Start watching your favorite titles by clicking on its icon.
How to Cancel SHOWTIME on Roku
Here are the steps to cancel the SHOWTIME subscription on Roku easily.
1. Open the SHOWTIME app and press the Asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote.
2. A screen will pop up with the subscription details. Select the Manage subscription option.
3. Now, click on the Cancel subscription button and wait a while.
4. Within a second, the cancellation gets over, and then the service will stop.
Alternate Way to Watch SHOWTIME on Roku Without a Cable
Unlike cable TV providers, you can also subscribe to any of these streaming services and watch SHOWTIME on Roku.
SHOWTIME is available as an add-on on Hulu. The subscription for SHOWTIME is $10.99 per month after a 7-day free trial. But, it requires an active Hulu base plan that costs $7.99 per month. Then only, you can add the SHOWTIME add-on pack.
Sling TV also offers SHOWTIME on its add-on pack. But you need to have a Sling Blue ($40/month) or Sling Orange ($40/month) subscription. Later, you can activate the SHOWTIME add-on pack for $10 per month. You will also get 50 hours of DVR storage to record shows.
Like the other two streaming services, YouTube TV also offers the SHOWTIME channel with its add-on pack. To get it, you must subscribe to YouTube TV’s basic plan at $64.99 per month. Next, you can activate SHOWTIME as an add-on for the price of $11 per month.
There is no activation process for the SHOWTIME app, and you simply can log in with your cable TV provider account to access the SHOWTIME content for free.
Upon subscribing to SHOWTIME through its official website, you will get a 30-day free trial. So, you can use that free trial to access the SHOWTIME platform for free.