Due to some technical glitches, the Paramount Plus app is not working for a lot of Roku users. So, if you are one of the users who is experiencing crashing and loading issues on the Paramount Plus app, you can easily fix it with simple troubleshooting methods.
Why is My Paramount Plus App Not Working on Roku TV
The following are the reasons why Paramount Plus is not working on Roku TV:
- Poor Internet Speed
- Outdated Paramount Plus app
- Outdated Roku firmware
- Bugs on your Roku device
How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on Roku
Whenever your Paramount+ brings in any issue, you shall try out the below fixes one by one.
Fix 1: Check your Account Details
You need a subscription to access the Paramount Plus app. So, what we suggest to our readers is that without renewing your subscription, you can’t access the Paramount Plus app further. So, first of all, check if you have a valid subscription to Paramount Plus. In case you haven’t renewed your Paramount Plus subscription, renew it. In alternative cases, if you still have a valid subscription to Paramount Plus and still you can’t access the channel on Roku, you can continue reading this article to fix the issue.
Fix 2: Restart Roku
Try to restart your Roku device because most of the common problems on Roku can be solved by simply restarting the Roku device. Use the following steps to restart Roku and check whether Paramount Plus is working on Roku.
(1) Launch your Roku device and press Home on your remote.
(2) Select Settings and choose System.
(3) Choose System Restart and select Restart to restart Roku.
Fix 3: Check Network Connection
In case there is a problem with your network connection, like your network’s signal strength is weak or unstable, this can cause the video on the Paramount Plus app to load. So, check the internet connectivity status and clear the issues on the Paramount Plus app.
(1) Press Home on your Roku remote and choose Settings.
(2) Choose Network and select Check connection to check your signal strength and internet download speed.
Fix 4: Restart Your Router and Modem
If there is a problem with your internet, you can try restarting your router and modem, which can solve Paramount Plus not working on Roku. The steps below help you restart your router and modem.
(1) Unplug the power cable from both your router and modem and wait for at least 30 secs.
(2) Plug in the power cable and wait for it to restart. If the device isn’t restarting, press the Power button available on both your router and modem.
Note: You shall even check and fix Roku Won’t Connect To WIFI/Internet
Fix 5: Re-Login with your Paramount Plus Account
There may be some issues with your Paramount Plus account, which can cause the Paramount Plus app to not to work. So, try logging out from your Paramount Plus app on Roku, wait for at least a minute, and sign in again using your account details. After that, check whether the Paramount Plus app is working or not.
Fix 6: Clear Cache and Data on Roku
Clearing the cache on the Roku device will help you fix up the issue. Although cache and data only contain unwanted files on your device, they won’t interfere with the normal operation of your device. However, if it gets corrupted, it can cause problems. You can use the following steps to clear cache and data.
(1) Turn on your Roku device and press Home on your remote.
(2) Once the home screen appears on your Roku, tap the Home button five times.
(3) Press the Up arrow button once on your remote.
(4) Tap the Rewind button twice and press the Fast Forward button twice.
(5) Now, the cache and data get cleared.
Fix 7: Update Roku
When you update your Roku device, this updates all the apps available on Roku and Roku OS to the latest version available. You can use the following steps to update Roku and check whether Paramount Plus is working on Roku.
(1) Press Home on your Roku device and select Settings.
(2) Choose System and select System update.
(3) Select Check now to check and update all the apps with the latest version available and also Roku OS.
Fix 8: Factory Reset Roku
Remember to use the Factory reset option as the last choice because all the data gets erased once you reset your Roku device. i.e., the settings will revert to the default.
(1) Tap Home on your Roku remote and select Settings.
(2) Choose System and select Advanced System Settings.
(3) Scroll down and choose the Factory Reset option.
(4) Enter the code you see on your Roku TV display and hit the OK button.
(5) Next, select the Start factory reset button from the pop-up window.
Bonus TroubleShoots You Shall Try!
The following are some of the additional troubleshooting methods you can try to fix the Paramount Plus app not working issue.
Bonus Fix 1: Disable VPN
If you have enabled your VPN while using Paramount+, this can cause the app to not work. Try disabling your VPN and check whether the app is working or not.
Bonus Fix 2: Reinstall Paramount Plus
In case you still cannot fix the issues with the Paramount Plus app, you can try uninstalling the Paramount Plus app and installing the app again.
1. Get to the home screen of Roku and make sure that the Home option is selected.
2. Hit the Right button on your remote to view the channel’s grid.
3. Scroll down and select the Paramount Plus tile.
4. Then, hit the Asterisk (*) button on your remote and choose the Remove Channel option.
5. Next, select the Remove option from the pop-up.
Now, the Paramount Plus app will be uninstalled. After that, go to Roku home screen > Streaming Channels > Search Channels > Search Paramount Plus > Add Channel. After installing the Paramount Plus app, launch it and sign in to your account. Now, check if the Paramount Plus app is working or not.
Paramount Plus is available in languages like English, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, and more. You can also watch your favorite shows like the Star Trek series, the SpongeBob series, and more. After trying out all these, and yet Paramount Plus is not working on Roku, go to Roku Support or Paramount Plus Help. Here, you will get technical help or answers to your problem.