NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) is the most popular sports streaming service that telecasts numerous sports events across the globe. All Roku users can choose NBC Sports as their primary sports streaming partner as it is officially available on the Roku Channel Store.
Since NBC Sports is one of the best sports channels on Roku, you don’t need to think twice to pick this platform to stream all your favorite sports events. With this platform, you can stream some prestigious tournaments such as the Olympics, the Premier League, the French Open, and a lot more.
NBCSN asks for the login credentials of a TV provider to stream its content. However, users who don’t have an active cable connection can also stream NBC Sports using some well-known streaming services.
This comprehensive article will discuss the possible ways to stream NBC Sports on your Roku and a few troubleshooting tips for common issues associated with the app on Roku.
How Much is NBC Sports on Roku
NBC Sports Network is available to stream if you have an active cable TV connection. All you need to do is sign in with your cable TV provider account on the NBC platform. Here are the most popular TV providers you can use to sign in to the NBC Sports app or website.
- AT&T U-verse
On the other hand, Peacock TV also streams all exclusive sports events offered by NBC Sports. So, you can also watch your favorite NBC sports content on Peacock TV by subscribing to it for $5.99 per month. With Peacock TV on Roku, you can get an extensive media library that contains jaw-dropping movies, TV shows, and more lineups.
How to Install NBC Sports on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for NBC Sports in the Roku Channel Store.
4. Click + Add Channel to download the channel on Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch NBC Sports on Roku.
How to Add NBC Sports from the Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter NBC Sports in the search bar.
3. Click + Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update your Roku device to get it immediately.
How to Activate NBC Sports on Roku
1. Launch the NBC Sports app and select Sign in to get the Activation Code.
2. Go to the NBC Sports Activation Website [nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate] on your Smartphone or PC.
3. Enter the Activation Code and click on the Continue button.
4. Choose your TV provider and then enter the necessary login credentials (username and password).
5. After signing in to your account, the NBC Sports app will load automatically to display the available content.
How to Stream NBC Sports on Roku Without Cable
Live TV streaming services are the perfect option to watch NBC Sports if you haven’t signed up for any of the TV provider subscriptions. Apart from the NBC Sports channels, you can also watch other channels with those services.
Sling TV offers NBC Sports content in two subscription packages. With Sling TV on Roku, you can stream 47+ TV channels on your streaming device. It provides 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage and can be extended to 200 hours for an additional cost to record and stream the NBC Sports shows offline.
You can stream NBC Sports content on Sling TV using Sling TV Orange and Orange & Blue subscriptions. To watch it at a base price, you should subscribe to the Sling Orange for $40 per month.
fuboTV is one of the best streaming services that offer an NBC Sports channel. You can download fuboTV on Roku from the Channel Store. The channel holds around 220+ TV channels in its subscription. It provides 1,000 hours of Cloud DVR storage to record NBC Sports content for watching offline.
NBC Sports can be streamed by subscribing to any one of three fuboTV premium plans (Pro, Elite, and Premier). If you want to get a low-cost option, you can choose fuboTV Pro for $74.99 per month.
Hulu is the next Live TV streaming service to watch NBC Sports channels on Roku. It provides unlimited Cloud DVR storage to record NBC Sports media content for offline streaming. As a part of the Hulu + Live TV package at $69.99 per month, you will get the NBC Sports channel. With this package, you can stream 85+ TV live channels and many more on-demand videos through Hulu on a Roku device.
How to Fix NBC Sports Not Working on Roku
If NBC Sports is not working on your Roku device, you can easily fix the issue with simple troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- Reboot the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- As a last solution, contact customer support to fix the issue immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. NBC Sports Network is available to stream on Roku devices. You can get it directly from the Channel Store.
Yes. The regional network of NBC Sports named Philadelphia can be streamed on Roku using Hulu and other popular streaming services.