NBC is one of the best streaming services, and you can enjoy the contents of NBC via the NBC application. It offers popular episodes of NBC originals, Movies, Live News, events, etc. Moreover, you can stream the new episodes after they have been aired. Furthermore, it is compatible with most devices like Android, iOS, smart TVs, streaming devices such as Roku, Firestick, Xbox One, etc. Hence, you can enjoy streaming the contents of NBC on the big screens using a Roku device. Let us discuss how to watch NBC on Roku in the below section.
Related: How to stream NBC Sports on Roku
Highlighting Content of NBC
Some of the popular contents of NBC are:
- America’s Got Talent
- American Ninja Warrior
- The Blacklist
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Chicago Fire
- The Titan Games
- Council of Dads
- The Good Place
- World of Dance
- This is Us
- Law & Order
- Saturday Night Live
How to Add NBC on Roku?
You can easily add NBC on Roku because it is officially available on Roku Channel Store. Note the steps down.
1. Connect your Roku device to the TV.
2. Press the Home button on the Roku remote to get the homepage.
3. Click on the Streaming Channels option.
4. Then, select Search Channels.
5. Enter NBC using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
6. Choose the NBC channel from the search result.
5. Hit the Add Channel button to start installing.
6. Tap OK and open the installed NBC app.
How to Activate NBC on Roku
1. Once you add the NBC channel, select the Go to Channel button.
2. You have to activate the NBC app on your Roku to continue further. On opening the NBC app, you will get a code on the TV.
- Open any browser on a PC or smartphone and visit https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate.
- Enter the code you see on the TV and click on the Continue button.
3. On successful activation, the app will refresh, and you will get the NBC home screen.
9. Select any video and start streaming on the Roku TV.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror NBC on Roku
The below steps will explain you how to screen mirror NBC on Roku.
Important Note: Before initiating the screen mirroring process, you need to go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode. Then, select Prompt or Allways Allow to turn on the Screen Mirroring feature on your Roku TV.
1. Install the NBC app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, connect your Android Smartphone and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the Notification Panel on your Android Smartphone and tap on Cast.
4. Then, choose your Roku device.
5. Now, launch the NBC app and sign in to your account.
6. Then, play any entertainment content you want and play it.
Finally, you can stream your favorites from NBC to Roku TV.
How to Watch NBC Live on Roku Without a Cable
It is possible to stream NBC content on other streaming services, which include:
- Sling TV
- Hulu with Live TV
- AT&T TV Now
- Fubo TV
- YouTube TV
Get hours of entertainment with Sling TV on the Roku device. It offers live TV channels, thousands of movies, kids’ shows, and more. Popular channels like NBC, ABC News Live, CNN, FOX, and MSNBC are available on Sling TV. According to the subscription packages, this service provides different channels. As it mainly contains NBC, you can enjoy streaming NBC content on Roku using Sling TV.
Pick Sling TV at $35-50/month with a 7-day free trial (Access 31+ top cable channel along with NBC)
Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV offers Live TV Channels and also on-demand content. It provides different channels like NBC, CBS, ESPN, CNN, TNT, FOX, Discovery Channel, Disney, etc. For example, you can enjoy watching lots of content with NBC on Hulu with Live TV. It allows you to stream the contents on two screens simultaneously with DVR cloud Storage. This app is compatible with many devices, along with Roku.
Subscribe to Hulu with Live TV for $69.99/month and enjoy 67+ channels along with NBC.
Watch your favorite movies, TV shows, series, news, sports, and much more on DirecTV Stream. You can get the delight of watching NBC shows on DirecTV Stream. This app provides official channels like CBS, Cartoon Network, CNN, Discovery, ESPN, FOX, Hallmark Channel, History, NBC, etc. This app supports two devices to stream at a time with 20 hours of DVR recording for 30 days. It exclusively supports the Roku streaming device so that you can cast NBC on the big screens.
Get DirecTV Stream with the subscription packages starting at $59.99/month (Minimum of 65+channels also with NBC)
fuboTV allows you to watch live sports and TV channels compatible with the Roku streaming service. You can watch the NBC events exclusively on FuboTV. It also provides other channels like NBC, FOX, CBS, AMC, SHOWTIME, National Geographic, etc. In addition, you can enjoy streaming thousands of content with 30 hours of Cloud DVR space which lets you record your favorite shows and watch them later.
Opt for FuboTV at $69.99/month with a 7-day free trial (Access 31+ top cable channels with NBC)
Now watch NBC on Roku with YouTube TV because this app offers many Live TV channels along with NBC, Fox, and much more. You can stream live channels and also on-demand content. In addition, it supports cloud DVR storage, so you can record your favorite content and enjoy them watching it later.
Obtain YouTube TV at $64.99 per month and enjoy streaming NBC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, NBC is available on Roku and it is free to add to the device.
You can get the NBC app on your Roku TV from the Channel Store.
Yes, you can use streaming services like Sling TV, Hulu, YouTube TV, and more to stream NBC on Roku without a cable.