Streaming is not the only thing you can do on Roku. There are multiple entertaining elements available on the Roku platform. Try Jeopardy!, the first-ever voice-enabled game on your Roku device. After massive success with 20 Million+ players on Alexa and Google Home, Roku is the new partner for the Jeopardy game. The newly-developed game is now available on Roku with its dedicated app on the Roku Channel Store. So Roku users can get the app directly from the Channel Store to play it now. As many of us know, it is a game version of Syndicated’s Jeopardy Show, one of the top-rated quiz shows.
Based on the actual game show of the same name, Jeopardy is a quiz game where contestants need to respond to clues using their voices. It has three rounds such as Jeopardy, Double Jeopardy, and Final Jeopardy. Each round has five questions with six categories offered to the contestants to pick the right one from the clues.
The game allows single and multi-player to play. So, you can play alone or with your friends and family members. Each participant should compete against other contestants to answer before they do. At the end of each round, a leaderboard will be shown to reveal each player’s position compared with other players.
Volley offers a 7-day free trial for the Jeopardy game. So, users can play for one week on their Roku device without relying on a monthly/yearly payment. After that, they need to pay $9.99 per month for a subscription to continue using the app.
How to Install Jeopardy! on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for Jeopardy in Roku Channel Store.
4. Click + Add Channel to add the app to your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch Jeopardy on Roku.
How to Add Jeopardy! from Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter Jeopardy in the search bar.
3. Click + Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update the firmware of the Roku device to get it immediately.
In addition to direct installation, you can also screen mirror Jeopardy from Android devices.
Screen Mirror Jeopardy! on Roku from Android
Before proceeding further, you have to enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install Jeopardy on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the Jeopardy app and get into your account to play.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
How to Stream Jeopardy on Roku
As we mentioned earlier, the new Jeopardy game is based on the iconic quiz show of the same name. Hosted by Art Fleming, the TV show originally premiered on NBC in 1964. Due to getting immense support from the audience, the show reaches its 39th season this year and the season ends on July 28. According to some official sources, season 40 of Jeopardy’s show is all set to begin on September 11. You can watch Jeopardy show on some popular streaming platforms.
- If you have an active cable connection, you can choose ABC to watch Jeopardy on Roku.
- Cord-cutters can stream the Jeopardy show on Roku through DirecTV Stream, FuboTV, and Sling TV.
Jeopardy Not Working on Roku
If Jeopardy is not working on your Roku device, you can easily fix the issue with simple troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Reboot the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- Eliminate the cache files on Roku and try again.
- As a last fix, contact customer support to get the apt fix.
Yes, Jeopardy is natively available on the Roku Channel Store. So, you can get the app directly and add it to your Roku device to start playing.
Yes, live Jeopardy! Radio is exclusively available on TuneIn to stream all its episodes.
Yes, you can get the entire seasons of Jeopardy on DVD through various online retailers such as Amazon and Best Buy.