If you are looking for a legal as well as free streaming service on Roku, you can try Pluto TV without any second thought. Pluto TV is available on the Channel Store. Hence, you can easily install it on your Roku device. In case you’ve not opted for the installation process, you can choose the casting method to stream Pluto TV on Roku.
Pluto TV is a popular American streaming service where you can watch 100+ live channels and 1000+ movies for free. Its media library includes thousands of classic movies, TV shows, documentaries, binge-worthy shows, and much more.
In this blog, we’ll introduce you to the steps for the direct installation and activation of Pluto TV on Roku. Along with that, we’ve covered the screen mirroring method and troubleshooting tips for this app.
How to Add Pluto TV on Roku
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV and navigate to its homepage.
2. Click the Streaming Channels option on the homepage.
3. Scroll down and hit the Search Channels option.
4. Search for Pluto TV and choose the same from the search result.
5. Press the Add Channel button and wait a moment.
6. After the Pluto TV installation is over, tap the OK button in the pop-up.
How to Add Pluto TV from the Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter Pluto TV in the search bar.
3. Click + Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. If it fails to appear, update the Roku device to get it immediately.
How to Activate Pluto TV on Roku
1. Launch the Pluto TV on your Roku TV.
2. An Activation code will appear on your screen. Note it down.
3. Visit http://my.pluto.tv/ on a browser on your PC or smartphone
4. Sign in to your Pluto TV account.
5. Pick your device (Roku) and enter the 6-digit code to activate Pluto TV on Roku.
6. The homepage of Pluto TV will appear.
7. Choose a video and start streaming on the Roku.
With this app, you can stream for free on your Roku streaming device or TV.
How to Watch Pluto TV by Screen Mirroring
It is important to turn on the screen mirroring permission on your Roku device. So, you must enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku for Android and enable the AirPlay option on Roku for iPhone/iPad before proceeding further.
From Android Smartphone
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install Pluto TV on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the Pluto TV app and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
1. Ensure that you have connected your iPhone or iPad and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Pluto TV app on your device from the App Store.
3. Launch Pluto TV and log in with your account.
4. Choose the content to stream and hit the AirPlay/Screen Mirroring icon at the top.
4. Select the Roku device to connect and start streaming the content on the Roku device.
How to Fix Pluto TV Not Working on Roku
If the Pluto TV app is not working on your Roku TV or device, you can easily fix the issue with the simple troubleshooting tips listed below.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- Reboot the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- As a last solution, contact customer support to fix the issue immediately.
Since the Pluto TV application is natively available on the Roku Channel Store, you can directly install it on your Roku device.
Pluto TV is a free platform to watch movies and TV shows with ad support.