The FX Channel is one of the popular cable TV channels in the US. It features critically acclaimed dramas, documentaries, comedy shows, and more. If the FX channel is your favorite, you can watch it anytime you want with the FXNOW app. Also, access to the FXNOW app is free with participating cable TV providers. Moreover, the FXNOW app is on the Roku Channel Store. That means you can enjoy streaming your favorites on the big screen easily.
Features of the FXNOW App
- FXNOW consists of original movies and series on three networks FX, FXX, and FXM (FX Movies). In addition, it has many TV Comedies and TV Dramas.
- It also has the live streaming of the three networks. In addition, you can see the programming guide for upcoming shows.
- The My List contains favorite movies and series. You can customize the My List by signing in to your FX account, and it will help to stream from where you left off.
- It offers Closed Captioning for all Original Movies and Series. The Contents are available in HD streaming quality.
Popular Shows on FXNOW
Some of the popular shows streaming on the FXNOW app are:
- Hip Hop Uncovered
- NY Times Presents
- Mayans M.C.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Is FX Free on Roku
Yes, you can access the FX channel via the FXNOW app for free with the participating cable TV providers. In addition, the following are the cable TV providers that offer the FX channel.
How to Watch the FX Channel on Roku via FXNOW App
1. Select the Streaming Channels option from the Roku home screen.
2. In the Channel Store, select the Search Channels option.
3. Type FXNOW using the virtual keyboard and select the same from the search results.
4. From the channel info page, select the Add Channel button.
5. Now, the adding process for the FXNOW app will start.
6. Once the adding process for the FXNOW is complete, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. After that, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the FXNOW app.
Alternate Method to Add FXNOW on Roku
1. From a PC browser, visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Next, sign in with your Roku account credentials.
3. Type FXNOW and search for it. After that, choose the FXNOW app from the suggestion list.
4. Click on the Add Channel button from the channel info page.
5. Now, update your Roku, and the FXNOW channel will be added to your channel’s list.
How to Activate FXNOW on Roku
1. Go to the Roku TV home screen and press the Right button on your Roku TV remote.
2. Scroll down from the channels list and select the FXNOW channel to launch it.
3. Select the Sign In button, and an activation code will display on the screen of your Roku TV. Note the activation code down.
4. Now, on a web browser, visit the activation website of https://fxnow.fxnetworks.com/activate.
5. Enter the activation code and click Continue.
6. Choose the TV provider and sign in with your account to activate the FXNOW app.
7. After that, go back to the FXNOW app and stream your favorites.
How to Screen Mirror the FX Channel on Roku
After enabling the screen mirroring on Roku, you can mirror the FXNOW app from your Android devices, like a smartphone or tablet.
Screen Mirror FXNOW app to Roku from Android Devices
Connect your Android Devices to the same wifi network as your Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Launch the FXNOW app on your Android device. If you haven’t installed the FXNOW app, you can install the app from the Google Play Store.
2. Sign in with your cable TV provider account.
3. After that, go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. Go back to the FXNOW app and mirror its content to your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror FXNOW to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Open the App Store and install the FXNOW app.
2. Then, connect your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
3. Swipe your iOS device’s screen from up to down to bring the Control Center.
4. Then, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. Now, your iOS device scans for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
7. Next, launch the FXNOW app and sign in to your account.
8. Choose any of your favorites and watch on your Roku.
How to Watch the FX Channel on Roku without Cable
You can watch FX by means of alternate streaming services on Roku. They are:
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
- DirecTV Stream
1. Sling TV
Sling TV on Roku is a popular streaming service among the cord-cutters, and it has FX in its Blue Package, which costs $35 per month. You will also get 30+ channels with the subscription. Moreover, all Sling TV users will receive a 50-hour cloud DVR storage to record their favorite shows for offline access.
With the Pro plan of fuboTV at $69.99 per month, you will get the FX channel. As part of the fuboTV’s Pro plan, you will get 100+ live TV channels and 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage. Also, every new subscriber will receive a 7-day free trial.
3. YouTube TV
YouTube TV on Roku offers 75+ channels, including FX, and the subscription costs $64.99 per month. It provides unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows. Moreover, you will get a 14-day free trial to try the services of YouTube TV free. During the trial period, you can cancel your YouTube TV subscription free of cost.
Hulu is one of the streaming services that offer the FX channel. So, to get the FX channel with Hulu, you need a Hulu+Live TV subscription plan at $69.99 per month. Along with the subscription, you can access 70+ live TV channels and on-demand content.
5. DirecTV Stream
You can also depend on the DirecTV Stream platform to stream the FX channel. To get the FX channel, you need the Entertainment plan at $69.99 per month. With the subscription plan, you will get 60+ live TV channels, including FX. In addition, you will get unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows.
No, the FXNOW app doesn’t need a subscription. You just need to log in with your cable TV provider account.
No, access to the FXNOW app is free with your cable TV provider account.