Food Network, as the name suggests, is a cooking-related platform available on the Roku Channel Store. So, you can directly install the Food Network GO app on your Roku. In the app, you can stream live TV and on-demand content that is mainly focused on cooking and food. As Food Network is not offering any subscriptions, you need to activate the app with your TV provider subscription.
In the Food Network GO app, all the new episodes will be uploaded on the same day as they are broadcast on TV. The live TV channel is featured with the EPG guide for quick access. You can also choose from genres, like Tech to Food, Home Food, and more. All the shows are available with subtitles support.
Let me show you how to install and activate Food Network on Roku and how to watch Food Network on Roku through streaming services.
How to Watch Food Network on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect Roku to the WiFi connection.
2. Go to the Home page by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Select the Streaming Channels from the list of menus.
4. Scroll down and choose the Search Channels option.
5. Search for Food Network GO using the virtual keyboard and select the app from the search result.
6. Hit the +Add Channel button from the channel info page.
7. After installing, click the Go to Channel option to launch the app on your device.
Alternative Way to Get Food Network on Roku
You can also download the Food Network Channel on Roku directly from the Roku website by logging into your account.
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter Food Network GO in the search bar.
3. Click + Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
5. The app will be displayed on your Roku device within one day. If you need the app immediately, you can update the firmware of your Roku device.
How to Activate Food Network GO on Roku TV
1. Open the Food Network GO app on your Roku. You will get an activation code.
2. Open the web browser on your PC and visit the Food Network activation website (watch.foodnetwork.com/activate).
3. Now, enter the activation code you received and click the Link TV Provider button.
4. On the next screen, sign in with your cable TV provider credentials for verification.
5. Once it is done, the Food Network GO app on your Roku will display all the video content.
6. You can choose any video to stream on the Food Network app.
How to Watch Food Network on Roku Without Cable
If you don’t have a cable TV provider account, it doesn’t mean that you can’t access the Food Network GO app. You can use your live TV subscription to access the Food Network GO app. Live TV providers like Hulu, YouTube TV, fuboTV, and Sling TV offer the Food Network channel in their lineup.
Hulu on Roku is a popular streaming service that helps you discover TV shows, movies, and TV shows through it. On this streaming platform, you can directly watch Food Network without any interruptions. You can also watch 75+ live TV channels including ABC, A&E, ABC News Live, ACC network, BET, BTN, Animal Planet, USA Network, and so on. To access the live TV channels, you need to subscribe to the Hulu+Live TV plan at $69.99 per month.
Website: Food Network on Hulu
fuboTV on Roku is a streaming service that offers sports channels as well as entertainment channels. fuboTV’s Pro plan at $72.99 per month offers an impressive starting lineup of 120+ channels that includes the Food Network. With the subscription plan, you will also get 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage and a 7-day free trial if you are a new user of this platform.
Website: Food Network on fuboTV
Sling TV on Roku is known for offering its service at an affordable cost. This streaming service supports 100+ live TV channels and 64,000 hours of on-demand content. To get the Food Network via Sling TV, you need to subscribe to Sling TV’s Orange Plan at $21 per month. Then, you can access the USA Network with other 30 live TV channels.
Website: Food Network on Sling TV
YouTube TV on Roku is a live TV streaming service developed and owned by YouTube. With this streaming service, you can get the Food Network channel on its media library. It provides 70+ live TV channels that include local sports and news channels.
To get access to the live TV channels, you need to subscribe to YouTube TV at $72.99 per month. It also has a free trial service for new subscribers. After that, you can create up to 6 profiles and unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows.
Website: Food Network on YouTube TV
How to Fix Food Network Not Working on Roku
If you are facing any issues like the app crashing, black screen, or not loading with the Food Network app on your Roku, you need to perform some troubleshooting techniques to fix those issues.
- Make sure that your Roku device has a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- Reboot the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of your account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- As a last solution, contact customer support to fix the issue immediately.
By getting the Food Network Go app from the Channel Store, you can stream the media content from Food Network on Roku. Also, you can watch this platform through streaming services.
No, you can add the Food Network channel for free to your Amazon Prime Video Channels list. But, to stream the video content, you need the Discovery Plus subscription.