The ESPNU is a satellite sports TV channel and an American digital cable owned by ESPN. As we know, Roku devices offer access to many popular streaming services. Luckily, the ESPN channel is available on most streaming platforms. So, you can opt for a reliable method and enjoy watching ESPNU on your Roku device.
How to Watch ESPNU on Roku
Unfortunately, there isn’t any dedicated app for ESPNU. So, you can get to access it using ESPN on your Roku.
1. Turn on your Roku, and press the Home button.
2. Hover to choose Streaming Channels from the home screen.
3. Navigate to the Search Channels option.
4. Search for the ESPN channel using the virtual keyboard.
5. Now, select Add Channel to add ESPN to Roku.
Alternative Way: Watch ESPNU on Roku using the Browser
1. Visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store on your PC using any default browser.
2. Sign in to your Roku account using the same credentials as your Roku device.
3. In the Search Bar, enter as ESPN app.
4. Select the ESPN tile from the search result.
5. Select the Add Channel button to get ESPN to your Roku device.
How to Screen Mirror ESPNU on Roku
Though we can access ESPNU via many streaming platforms directly on your Roku device. But, screen mirroring the content using an Android or iOS device would be the simplest of all possible methods.
When you have decided to screen mirror contents from your smartphone to a Roku device. You will have to enable some functionalities to complete the process.
- Ensure to enable the screen mirroring mode on the Roku device.
- For iOS devices like iPhones or iPad, enable the AirPlay on Roku to screen share content.
- Finally, connect the smartphone and the Roku device to the same WiFi.
Screen Mirror ESPNU on Roku from Android Devices
1. Initially, on your Android device, go to the Google Play Store.
2. Next, search and install the ESPN app.
3. After installing the ESPN app, launch them and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
4. Search for the ESPNU content and play it.
5. Then, launch the Notification Panel and tap on Cast. Next, choose your Roku device.
6. Finally, you can enjoy streaming ESPNU on your streaming device.
Screen Mirror ESPNU from iOS Smartphone
1. From the App Store on your iOS Smartphone, install the ESPN app.
2. Launch the ESPN app and sign in to your account.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
5. Now, choose your Roku device.
6. Then, go to the ESPN app. Then, search and play the ESPNU content to watch on your Roku TV.
How to Activate ESPN on Roku to Access ESPNU
1. After installation of ESPN, open the app and note down the Activation Code on your Roku device.
2. Open the default web browser on your PC.
3. Go to ESPN’s official website, and navigate to the Activation page.
4. Enter the Activation Code on your PC, and select Continue.
5. Enter your cable TV subscription account to verify your account.
6. You can restart your ESPN app on your Roku device.
7. Search for the ESPNU content.
8. Now, enjoy watching ESPNU on your Roku device.
Bonus: ESPNU on Roku using Streaming Services
If you do not have a subscription to the ESPN channel, you will not be able to stream ESPNU content. Instead, there are a few other streaming services that are available at an affordable cost. Some reliable streaming services include YouTube TV, Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, Fubo TV, and many more.
YouTube TV is a popular streaming service available on Roku devices. Fortunately, the ESPNU channels are available on this platform. Moreover, it offers over 70+ channels. These streaming services would cost approx $64.99 per month, with unlimited cloud DVR storage. We can stream on three devices simultaneously. It is compatible with many streaming devices like Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, and more.
If you wish to watch ESPNU on the Sling TV streaming service, you must buy an additional sports package for $11 per month. Moreover, you will be unable to get the add-ons with the Sling TV Blue. Instead, you will have to get the Sling TV Orange at $46 per month, including the extra sports package. Similar to the sports package, you can also access AMC, History Channel, A&E, and other popular channels.
Hulu Live TV
Hulu Live TV offers over 60 channels for approx $69.99 per month. For this cost, we can get access to unlimited cloud DVR storage and make a backup for up to 9 months. This streaming platform allows it to be accessed on two screens simultaneously but can have over 6 accounts. Moreover, this streaming service can be accessed using many streaming devices like Android, iOS, Xbox One, Roku, Firestick, and more.
Vidgo is the latest streaming platform that can be utilized at competitive pricing compared to other streaming services. So, you can get to access ESPNU by getting the Core package for $59.95 per month, and you can watch up to 60+ channels on this streaming platform. It offers exclusive offers for new users, where they can cancel within the first three days at no cost. You can stream up to 3 devices simultaneously.
The DIRECTV STREAM has 3 subscription plans in which the ESPNU channel is available in all 3 packages. The choice package on DIRECTV STREAM is available at $89.99 per month. This streaming service also offers a closed-based DVR to store desired content and watch it later. They offer some popular channels, including ESPNU, AMC, HGTV, Discovery, and many more. Moreover, it can be accessed on all streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, and Android TV.
Fubo TV is the primary go-to place for all sports enthusiasts. So, the ESPNU channel is also available on this streaming platform by purchasing the extra sports package of $10.99. The Fubo TV pro would be available at $69.99. The total, including the sports package, would be $80.00 per month. Fortunately, this app is available on the majority of the platform, including Apple TV, Android TV, Firestick, Roku, and more.
To fix the issues with the ESPN app on Roku, you need to restart the app, clear the cache, or try uninstalling and reinstalling the ESPN app.