Are you searching for the world’s best weather forecasters? Absolutely, you can go with The Weather Channel. Since The Weather Channel is officially available on Roku, you can download the app directly from the Channel Store to check the weather forecast on your Roku TV.
It allows you to access the service by logging in with your cable TV provider account. By using The Weather Channel, you can also check the radar, future radar, satellite, temperature maps, and much more. It offers you regular rain and snow updates for around 24 hours. The Weather Channel will keep you updated on current conditions, winds, moon phases, etc.
In this beginner’s guide, we will delve deep into the multiple ways to get The Weather Channel on Roku. In addition, we’ve also discussed some useful tips if The Weather Channel fails to deliver the content properly.
The Weather Channel allows you to subscribe only if you are accessing the app from a smartphone. Unless you are using the app from other devices like TV and streaming devices, you need to access the app only with cable TV provider subscriptions. The popular cable TV provider that offers The Weather Channel is listed below.
How to Get The Weather Channel on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect Roku to the WiFi connection.
2. Go to the Home page by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Select the Streaming Channels from the list of menus.
4. Scroll down and choose the Search Channels option.
5. Search for The Weather Channel using the virtual keyboard and select the app from the search result.
6. Hit the +Add Channel button from the channel info page.
7. After installing, click the Go to Channel option to launch the app on your device.
Alternative Way to Get Weather Channel on Roku
You can also download The Weather Channel on Roku directly from the Roku website by logging into your account.
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter The Weather Channel in the search bar.
3. Click + Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
5. The app will be displayed on your Roku device within one day. If you need the app immediately, you can update the firmware of your Roku device.
How to Activate The Weather Channel on Roku
1. Launch The Weather Channel on your Roku.
2. Note the Activation Code that appears on your Roku screen [Make a note of it].
3. Now, visit the Activation Webpage of The Weather Channel on your browser [weathergroup.com/activate].
4. Choose your cable TV provider from the list and enter the Activation Code in the required field.
5. Click on the Activate button and log in with your cable TV provider account.
6. Once the channel is activated on your device, you can get updates from the latest weather forecast.
How to Watch The Weather Channel on Roku – Alternative Way
If you don’t own a TV provider account, you can subscribe to the streaming service mentioned below and access The Weather Channel on Roku without relying on a cable TV connection.
Frndly TV is one of the most affordable streaming services in the market. It offers you 40+ live TV channels, including The Weather Channel, in its channel lineup. To get access to Frndly TV on Roku, you need an active subscription. The basic plan starts from $7.99 per month. But you won’t get a cloud DVR with this plan, and you need to subscribe to the Classic plan at $9.99 per month to get unlimited DVR storage.
Website: Frndly TV
fuboTV is a popular service for accessing all sports content. By downloading fuboTV on Roku, you can watch The Weather Channel on Roku with the fuboTV Pro plan ($74.99 per month). By subscribing to the Pro plan, you can also access 120+ channels. Moreover, you’ll get a 7-day free trial upon subscribing to the fuboTV for the very first time.
YouTube TV is a geo-restricted streaming service available only in the US. You can get YouTube TV on Roku to stream The Weather Channel without any hassle. The Weather Channel is available in the Base Plan of YouTube TV, which costs $72.99 per month. YouTube TV offers unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows. If you are a new user, you can get a free trial on YouTube TV to test the service.
Website: YouTube TV
Troubleshooting Fixes if The Weather Channel is Not Working on Roku
If you are facing any issues like the app crashing, black screen, or not loading with The Weather Channel app on your device, you need to perform some troubleshooting techniques to fix those issues.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- Reboot the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- As a last solution, contact customer support to fix the issue immediately.
Yes. You can watch The Weather Channel on any Roku device by adding it directly from the Channel Store.
Newsy on Roku is one of the best alternatives to the weather channel.