Plex is the closest rival of Kodi and is a great source to stream movies and shows. It brings all the media that matters to you. Plex is an ad-supported service where you can stream live TV without a subscription. The users can add their own media like videos, music, photos, podcasts, web shows, etc. There is everything you need, from news, sports, and kids to international content. It is accessible from a wide range of devices, including Apple TV, Android TV, Firestick, Chromecast, Android, iOS, etc. Besides all these devices, you can add Plex on Roku as well.
Related: How to stream CTV on Roku
The impressive features of the Plex channel are as follows.
- There are more than 130 channels available, and you can stream them for free.
- Choose to access 20000 on-demand movies and shows.
- It supports a curated collection of movies, TV, music, and photos.
- You can access the growing catalog of shows, news, podcasts, etc.
- Plex is a great platform to stream live TV and DVR.
- It brings personalized video news from 190+ trusted publishing partners of the world.
Plex is an ad-supported streaming service. You can stream Plex ad-free by getting its subscription pack called Plex Pass.
- Monthly Plex Pass – $4.99/mo
- Annual Pass – $39.99/yr
- Lifetime Pass – $119.99
Plex Supported Roku Devices
The following is the list of Plex supported Roku devices:
Roku 4K UHD TV
How to Get Plex on Roku?
As Plex is officially available on Roku Channel Store, adding it on Roku is easy.
1. With Roku connected to the Wi-Fi, press the Home key of the Roku remote.
2. Navigate to select the Streaming Channels option to open the Channel Store.
3. Hover to click on the Search Channels option.
4. With the virtual keyboard, type as Plex and choose the same from the suggestions.
5. Choose Add Channels to get it on your Roku.
6. Now, the Plex app will be added to your streaming device.
Related: How to Install Kodi on Roku?
How to Activate Plex App on Roku?
Once after the installation, you need to activate the Plex app on Roku.
1. Open the Plex channel on your RokuOS from the home screen.
2. Provide the login details to sign in to your Plex account.
3. You will get an activation code that appears on the Roku screen.
4. Visit https://www.plex.tv/link/ using the phone or PC.
5. Type the activation code as shown on Roku.
6. When the Plex account is linked, you shall access the Plex app on your TV.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror Plex on Roku
Before initiating the Screen Mirroring process, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode. Then, choose the Prompt or Allways Allow option. Now, the screen mirroring will be enabled on your Roku device. After enabling the screen mirroring feature, you can follow the steps below to mirror the Plex app from Android smartphones.
1. Connect your Android and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, install the Plex app from the Google Play Store.
3. Next, launch the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
4. Now, select your Roku device from the list of available devices section.
5. Then, open the Plex app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, you can choose any entertainment content to stream on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Plex platform is available on Roku TV.
Yes, adding Plex is free on your streaming device.
After Adding the Plex app, you can launch it and sign in to your account to stream on it.
You can follow the basic troubleshooting methods to fix the issue on your streaming device.