Plex is a server-based streaming service that offers free and premium content for streaming. Plex also allows users to add their own media like videos, music, photos, etc. Apart from this, Plex offers popular web series, movies, Live TV channels, TV shows, and a lot more in its library. Since Plex is available on the Roku Channel Store, you can stream its free and premium library on your Roku TV or device.
- Plex offers 200+ Live TV channels, movies, and TV shows for free.
- The content streamed on the channel is available in 4K streaming quality.
- Easily set up DVR to record live podcasts.
- It has a save option to download the content for offline streaming.
- There is a favorite list to add the live TV channels to watch later or to access quickly.
Plex offers 3 types of subscription plans.
Apart from the premium, you can also watch some of the Plex content for free with ads.
How to Install Plex on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for Plex in Roku Channel Store.
4. Click + Add Channel to download the app on your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch the Plex channel on Roku.
How to Add Plex from Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter Plex in the search bar.
3. Click + Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update the Roku device to get it immediately.
How to Activate Plex on Roku
1. Launch the Plex app and select Login to get Activation Code.
2. Go to the Plex Activation website on your Smartphone or PC.
3. Enter the Activation Code and tap the Link button.
4. Log in to your Plex account to complete the activation.
5. Now, go to the Plex channel on Roku to stream the content.
In addition to direct installation, you can also screen mirror the Plex app from an iOS device.
Screen Mirror Plex on Roku from iOS
Make sure you have enabled the AirPlay option on Roku.
1. Ensure that you have connected your iPhone or iPad and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the App Store and install the Plex app.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
5. Launch the Plex app and sign in with your account.
6. Now, play any video content to stream on Roku
7. To stop the mirroring, tap the Screen Mirroring icon and unselect the Roku device.
Plex Not Working on Roku
If the Plex app is not working on your Roku device, you can easily fix the issue with simple troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Power cycle the Roku device.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Uninstall the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- As a last fix, contact customer support to get the apt fix.
Yes, you can access the free and premium content of the Plex app on your Roku device.