- Installation: Go to the Roku home screen → Streaming Channels → Search Channels → Enter Newsmax TV→ Add Channel → Click OK.
- Usage: Open Newsmax TV → Sign in with cable TV provider → Start streaming.
Newsmax is a free-to-air cable channel that streams live breaking news 24/7. You will also get the latest headlines on politics, the stock market, finance, health, world affairs, etc. By installing the Newsmax channel, you can stream special shows like Greg Kelly, Nancy Brinker, Sean Spicer, Chris Salcedo, and more. Roku users can access the Newsmax TV channel by installing it from the Roku Channel Store. You can either use a cable TV provider or a streaming service to watch the content.
How to Add Newsmax TV on Roku
Since Newsmax TV is available on the Roku Channel Store, you can easily install it from there.
1. Connect your Roku device to your TV and turn it on.
Tip: If you have Roku TV, you can simply switch on your TV.
2. Press the Home button on the Roku remote. Scroll down the options and click on Streaming Channels.
3. Further, click the Search Channels option.
4. Type Newsmax TV in the search field and pick up the app from the search results.
5. Click the Add Channel button to install the app.
6. Once done, tap Go to channel to launch the app on your device.
How to Use Newsmax on Roku
1. Open the Newsmax channel on your Roku TV or streaming device.
2. Sign in with your cable TV provider or streaming service account credentials.
3. Click on live TV or select a TV show and start streaming
Alternate Method to Watch Newsmax on Roku
The Newsmax app is also supported on Android or iOS devices. So, you can stream Newsmax on Roku by screen mirroring your smartphone. Before that, you need to turn on a few options on your Roku device.
From the Roku home screen → Click Settings → System → Screen mirroring → Screen mirroring mode → Prompt or Always Allow.
Guide to Stream Newsmax on Roku using Mirroring
1. Make sure that your Android or iOS smartphone and Roku are connected to the same WIFI network.
3. Select the following option based on the device you are using.
- For Android: Pull up or down the notification panel and click the Cast icon.
- For iOS: Open the Control Center and click the Screen mirroring icon.
4. Further, select your Roku device from the available devices.
5. If prompted, enter the passcode that appears on the TV screen.
6. Your smartphone’s screen is now mirrored on your Roku.
7. Start watching live news and the latest headlines that happened in your region.
Note: You can install Fox News on Roku for streaming both national and world news live.
Newsmax Supported Cable TV Providers
- WOW! TV
- TDS TV
FYI: Newsmax is no longer available on DirecTV because it is removed on January 24, 2023.
How to Watch Newsmax on Roku Without Cable
As an alternative, you can watch Newsmax using the following streaming services.
Pluto TV is a free streaming service that offers 1000+ on-demand titles and 250+ free TV channels. Using this app, you can watch Newsmax live absolutely for free but it contains ads. It also consists of exclusive content from Paramount, CBS, MGM, Lionsgate, etc.
Xumo Play is another free streaming service to watch the Newsmax channel. It has a vast library of TV shows, Hollywood movies, and Kids’ content. In addition, you can watch live breaking news from both national and local news networks at no cost.
fuboTV is a subscription-based platform that has Newsmax with this base package. With the fuboTV Pro plan ($74.99/mo) you can watch over 146 channels. Furthermore, it offers 1000 hours of Cloud DVR to record shows and watch them offline.
Sling TV is the cheapest cord cutter which is available for just $40/month. You can watch Newsmax TV by activating the News Extra add-on plan at $6/month. Moreover, you will get 50 hours of cloud DVR space to download your favorite shows.
Yes, you can install the Newsmax TV channel from the official Roku Channel Store.
You can fix the Newsmax not working issue by clearing the app cache, updating the Roku OS, or updating the Newsmax TV app. If it doesn’t work, you should uninstall and reinstall the Newsmax TV app.