Transforming your home with inspiring photos, interior design, decor, etc., is made easier with HGTV. HGTV (Home & Garden Television) by Discovery, Inc. is a US TV channel that gives ideas to remodel and renovate your home. The most-watched shows on HGTV are Home Town, House Hunters, Property Brothers, Fixer Upper, My Lottery Dream Home, etc. HGTV Go covers live and on-demand HGTV content. It is compatible with Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, and Android TV. Besides this, you can watch HGTV on Roku with the HGTV Go app. To further details, you shall proceed with the below section.
Features of HGTV Go
- HGTV Go offers live streaming of HGTV streams along with the scheduled shows. So you can get to know the exact time of the shows and stream them without missing them.
- It has full episodes of all shows in the content library. It supports binge-watching the full season of the shows.
- HGTV Go has a Watchlist to add shows for watching later. It can also resume the shows from where you have left last time.
- HGTV Go app also has Favorites for adding your favorite shows, and you can access them easily next time.
- It offers closed captioning to all live and on-demand content. You can even have early premieres of a few shows before they air on TV.
Pricing of HGTV Go
HGTV Go is free with a TV provider subscription. It accepts almost all TV providers and the popular TV providers are DIRECTV, Spectrum, FuboTV, Philo, Sling TV, dish, Vidgo, YouTube TV, Optimum, Cox, Xfinity, and many more.
How to Add and Watch HGTV Go on Roku
 Firstly, plug in the Roku player to the TV’s HDMI port and power it on.
 Press the Home button on the remote and select Streaming Channels from the menu.
 Scroll down and select Search Channels in the Channel Store.
 Type as HGTV in the search box, and select HGTV Go from the suggestions.
 Select Add Channel to install HGTV Go on Roku.
 After installation, click OK in the prompt.
How to Activate HGTV Go on Roku
 Select Go to Channel to launch HGTV Go on Roku.
 You will see an Activation code on the Roku TV screen.
 Go to the HGTV site (https://watch.hgtv.com/activate) using a PC or Smartphone browser.
 Enter the Activation code and click Activate.
 Choose the TV Provider and sign in with TV provider credentials.
 It will activate the app on Roku, and you can start streaming your Favorite content.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror HGTV on Roku
You need to enable the screen mirroring on Roku to mirror the HG TV Go app from your Android or iOS Smartphone. And to do the same, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen mirroring mode. Then, click on the Prompt or Allways Allow option to enable the screen mirroring on your streaming device.
Screen Mirror HGTV on Roku from Android Smartphone
Initially, connect your Android Smartphone and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. From your Android Smartphone, launch the Google Play Store.
2. Next, search and install the HGTV Go app.
3. Then, go to the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
4. Now, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Finally, launch the HGTV app and sign in to your account.
That’s all! Now, you can stream any shows on the HGTV Go to watch on your streaming device.
Screen Mirror HGTV on Roku from iOS Smartphone
Update your Roku and iOS Smartphone to the latest version and follow the steps below:
Note: Also, you need to turn on the AirPlay feature from Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. Now, from the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings, turn on the AirPlay feature.
1. Open the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Search and install the HGTV Go app.
3. Next, launch the HGTV Go app and sign in to your account.
4. Open the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
5. From the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
6. Now, open the HGTV Go app and sign in with your TV Provider account.
7. Finally, you can choose any available content to watch on your streaming device.
How to Watch HGTV on Roku without a Cable
Besides the dedicated HGTV Go app, you can also watch it on Roku through other streaming apps. HGTV is available on Philo, fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Vidgo, Sling TV, and YouTube TV. These channels are free and are available in the Roku Channel Store.
Philo has HGTV in its 61 channel list, and it is compatible with Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android. It offers unlimited cloud DVR storage for 30 days and has thousands of on-demand content. Philo TV on Roku is the cheapest subscription among all other streaming apps. It costs $20 per month and provides a 7-days free trial. You can access it on 3 devices simultaneously.
Vidgo is the new streaming app for live TV channels. It offers 60+ channels, including HGTV, History Channel, ESPN, Science Channel, FOX Sports, etc. The cost of a subscription is $45 per month with the 3-day free trial. Get simultaneous streaming on up to 3 devices with Vidgo on Roku and access a huge on-demand content library.
YouTube TV on Roku offers 85+ channels in its subscription. It covers HGTV, AMC, CNN, ESPN, FOX Sports, etc. It offers unlimited cloud DVR storage for offline streaming and can stream on 3 devices at a time. The subscription costs $64.99 per month and offers six profile creations per subscription. It also provides some of the original YouTube content.
Thus, You can watch HGTV on Roku through the HGTV Go app and other streaming apps. HGTV contents are mostly based on home appliances, a Modern kitchen, and Gardening. If you have any questions with respect to the HGTV app on Roku, please do let us know in the comments.
Yes, the HGTV is free to add to your streaming device.
You don’t need to pay for a subscription to access the HGTV on your streaming device. Instead, you can sign in with your cable TV provider account.