Google Drive is a cloud-based synchronization platform that lets you store and share files online. Unfortunately, Roku users can’t use the dedicated application of Google Drive on their devices as it is unavailable on the Channel Store.
But, you can use the third-party app named Roksbox available on the Channel store to access your Google Drive files on Roku. Using Roksbox, you can easily access photos, graphic images, music, and videos directly from your Google Drive account. In addition, you can go through the troubleshooting methods discussed below if you encounter any major issues with the Roksbox app on Roku.
If you don’t like to go for apps like Roksbox, you can choose the screen mirroring technique to use Google Drive on your Roku device. Here we’ve discussed the screen mirroring procedures for streaming platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.
- Using Google Drive, you can sync files from your PC, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Sharing files with others is the coolest way to collaborate with your friends and colleagues.
- It keeps your files safe with the help of its advanced data security features.
- With Google Drive, users can work with Microsoft Office files to view or edit.
- Similar to Dropbox in that you can take a backup of all your important files.
How to Access Google Drive Files on Roku using Roksbox
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for Roksbox in the Roku Channel Store.
4. Click + Add Channel to add the app to your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch Roksbox on Roku.
6. After opening the Roksbox app, select My Options from the home screen.
7. Next, choose the Setup Wizard option.
8. Scroll down and select the Google Drive option.
9. Follow the on-screen prompts and sign in with your Google Account.
10. After setting up your Google account, return to the home screen and select any options like Videos, Photos, and music to access your Google Drive files.
Alternative Method – Cast Google Drive to Roku
As we mentioned earlier. you cannot get Google Drive on Roku due to its unavailability. But still, you can stream Google Drive with screen mirroring. Roku offers screen mirroring or AirPlay support to mirror the smartphone and PC. Therefore, you can watch Google Drive on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac PC.
Stream Google Drive on Roku using Android
Before proceeding further, you have to enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install the Google Drive app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the Google Drive app and sign in to your account.
6. Play any of the music files and listen to them on your Roku device.
7. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
Screen Mirror Google Drive on Roku from iOS
Make sure you have enabled the AirPlay option on Roku.
1. Ensure that you have connected your iPhone or iPad and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the App Store and install the Google Drive app.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
5. Launch the Google Drive app and play any audio content to stream on Roku.
6. To stop the mirroring, tap the Screen Mirroring icon and unselect the Roku device.
Cast Google Drive on Roku using a Windows PC
Similar to Android, you have to enable screen mirroring on Roku for Windows PCs too.
1. Visit the Google Drive official website on your PC.
2. Click the Sign-in and provide Google Drive account details to log in.
3. Use the Drive’s content on the website on your PC.
4. Now, press the Windows + K keys simultaneously.
5. Select your Roku device from the available device to listen to the music file.
Screen Mirror Google Drive from Mac PC
Make sure that you have enabled the Airplay on Roku to screen mirror your Mac PC.
1. Connect your Mac and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the Google Drive Website on your Mac PC using the web browser.
3. From the top menu bar on your Mac, click the Control Center icon.
4. Click the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device from the available devices.
5. Finally, your Mac’s screen is projected onto your Roku-connected TV to watch the content.
Roksbox Not Working on Roku
If Roksbox is not working on your Roku device, you can easily fix the issue with simple troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while to avoid the black screen issue.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- Turn off and Turn on the Roku device to fix the freezing and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- As a last solution, contact customer support to fix the issue immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Google Drive is natively unavailable on the Roku Channel Store.
You can try Dropbox, one of the best replacement platforms for Google Drive.