Dropbox is an American cloud-based file storage service founded in 2007 as a startup by Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. Dropbox hosts files, synchronizes them, and works as a personal cloud. It helps you bring all your important files to a single place on all your devices with the help of their servers. Therefore, you can make sure that you have a backup of all files that you want. It has both a free tier as well as a premium tier in it. You get a free 2GB storage which can be expanded to 3TB using a subscription. Find out how to access files using Dropbox on Roku.
Is Dropbox Available on Roku?
If you need to access Dropbox on Roku, you need to screen mirror it from other devices. Initially, you need to enable screen mirroring on your Roku, Then, you can screen mirror Dropbox on your device easily.
How to Screen Mirror on Roku
You can enable screen mirroring on Roku as follows.
1. Start by launching the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. From the home screen, open the Roku Settings menu.
3. Click on the System option from the menu.
4. Next, select the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Choose the Screen Mirroring Mode option.
6. Finally, choose either the Prompt or Always Allow option as necessary.
Screen Mirror Dropbox on Roku
Let’s discuss how to screen mirror Dropbox on Roku from Android devices, iOS devices, and PC.
From Android Smartphone
1. Initially, connect both the Android device and the Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the Dropbox app on your Android device. If you haven’t installed the Dropbox app, you can install it from the Google Play Store.
3. Select the photo or video to access on your TV
4. Launch the Android device’s Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Roku device.
6. Finally, you can access the content on your TV.
Related: How to get Plex on Roku
From iOS Devices
1. Initially, make sure to connect your iOS Device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
2. Open the Roku Settings menu and select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
3. Select the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings and turn on AirPlay.
4. Install the Dropbox app on your iOS Smartphone from the App Store.
5. After installing the Dropbox app, launch it.
6. Open the Control Center on your iOS device and tap Screen Mirroring.
7. From the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
8. Finally, you can access files from Dropbox on your TV easily.
1. Connect the Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
2. Using a web browser, visit the official Dropbox website.
3. On the website, Sign in to your account.
4. Find and open any file from Dropbox that you wish to watch on your TV.
5. Press Windows + K on your keyboard and select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Finally, you access the file from Dropbox on your TV.
Related: How to Access iTunes on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
It is impossible to download Dropbox from the Channel Store. Therefore, you need to access files from Dropbox by screen mirroring.
The Dropbox app is unavailable for Roku.