YouTube Kids is an excellent application just designed for kids. It is a safe platform for your kids to explore more knowledge through entertaining videos. It is filled with different kinds of videos for learning, fun, and kid-friendly designs. The YouTube Kids library is stuffed with different genres, namely Arts & Crafts, Toys & Plays, Learning & Hobbies, and Shows & Cartoons. Hence, all kinds of kids can be cherished through the YouTube Kids app. So, if you want your child to only watch safe content, you can get the YouTube Kids app for your Roku streaming device or TV.
Features of YouTube Kids
YouTube Kids has many attractive features. They are:
Profiles of your Kid
You can create up to eight kid profiles on YouTube Kids app for your child to access video recommendations, settings, and viewing preferences.
Collections of Videos
It allows you to pick the channels from a lot of collections that your children want to watch. Hence, your kids can watch the parents approved content.
Manage the Search option
This app lets you turn on and off the search option. So that you can manage the search function that your child access. The video reporting factor helps to report the video that shouldn’t be in the app.
Set a Time Limit
You can set a time limit for how long your kids can operate the app. You can also block any video from your children’s profiles that they don’t want to watch.
Is YouTube Kids free?
Yes, YouTube Kids is free, and you don’t have to pay for a subscription to access their platform. Moreover, with YouTube Kids, there will be no need for Parental Controls on Roku as it offers content that is exclusive only to kids.
How to Get YouTube Kids on Roku?
YouTube Kids is not yet available for your Roku device. But still, you can watch YouTube Kids on Roku with the three available methods. They are:
- Using Android Devices
- Using iOS Devices
- From PC
Before getting in-depth, you need to enable the screen mirroring on Roku feature. After that, only you can get YouTube Kids on your Roku streaming device or TV.
Quick Tip: You can enable the screen mirroring feature from Roku Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode. Now, choose the Prompt or Always Allow option to enable the screen mirroring feature.
Screen Mirror YouTube Kids to Roku using Android Devices
You can use the following steps for Android devices like smartphones and tablets running on the Android OS.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same Wi-Fi.
2. On your Android device, go to the Google Play Store.
3. Next, search and install the YouTube Kids app.
4. After that, launch the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
5. Now, your Android device will scan for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
6. Then, open the YouTube Kids app and sign in with your Google account.
7. You can now choose any content to mirror to your Roku.
Screen Mirror YouTube Kids to Roku using iOS Devices
The following steps are applicable to iOS devices like iPhone and iPad.
Note: You need to enable the AirPlay on Roku feature to screen mirror iOS devices to Roku.
1. Launch the YouTube Kids app on your iOS device. If you didn’t have already installed the YouTube Kids app, install the app from the App Store.
2. Open the YouTube Kids app after installation and sign in with your Google account.
3. Pull down the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Go back to the YouTube Kids app and mirror its content to Roku.
Screen Mirror YouTube Kids to Roku from Windows PC
1. Connect both the Roku and Windows PC to the same Wi-Fi.
2. Hold on the Window + P keys simultaneously on your device keyboard.
3. Press the Connect to a wireless display option and select your Roku device.
4. Grant permission on your Roku device to start casting.
5. Now, launch any web browser on your Windows PC and visit the official website of YouTube Kids.
6. Sign in to your account and choose any content you want to watch.
7. After that, you can enjoy watching your favorite on your Roku.
You can turn on the Parental Controls on YouTube from the Settings.
No, Roku doesn’t offer YouTube Kids. However, you can screen mirror the YouTube Kids app from Android or iOS devices and PC to Roku.