YouTube Music is one of the best music platforms that is used to listen to your favorite musical tracks and podcasts. Despite the fact that YouTube Music is a top-rated musical streaming service, it isn’t available on the Roku Channel Store. So, Roku users need to perform the screen mirroring technique to stream this platform on their devices.
YouTube is quite a popular service for video songs, but they have provided the best service in audio streaming. It has songs from genres like Hip Hop, Pop, Country, Jazz, K-pop, Rock, and more.
This blog pens down the screen mirroring procedures for Android, iPhone/iPad, Windows, and Mac PC in order to listen to your desired musical content from YouTube Music on Roku.
Features of YouTube Music
- YouTube Music offers 100 million songs in various genres and languages.
- It has the complete details of artists, albums, and listeners of every song and track.
- Live performances, Covers, and Remixes are also available in this app.
- It provides thousands of specially created playlists for every genre and environment.
- You can have your own playlist in your personal library and look at your hearing history.
- It offers lyrics for the songs to sing along with the track.
Screen Mirror YouTube Music on Roku from Android / Windows
It is important to turn on the screen mirroring permission on your Roku device. so, you must enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku before proceeding further.
From Android Smartphone
1. Connect your Roku to the WiFi network and ensure that your Android device is also connected to the same network.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the YouTube Music app and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
From Windows PC
1. Visit the YouTube Music official website on your PC.
2. Click the Sign-in and provide YouTube Music account details to log in.
3. Select and play the media content on the website on your PC.
4. Now, press the Windows + K keys simultaneously.
5. Select your Roku device from the available device to stream the selected content.
How to Screen Mirror/AirPlay YouTube Music on Roku from Apple Devices
Make sure that you have enabled the AirPlay option on Roku before getting into the screen mirroring instructions.
1. Connect your Roku and iPhone/iPad to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the App Store and install the YouTube Music app.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
5. Launch the YouTube Music app and play any video content to stream on Roku.
6. To stop the mirroring, tap the Screen Mirroring icon and unselect the Roku device.
From Mac PC
1. Connect your Roku to the WiFi network and make sure that your Mac device is also connected to the same network.
2. Install the YouTube Music app or visit its official website on your Mac PC.
3. Launch the YouTube Music on your Mac PC and play whatever content you want.
4. From the top menu bar on your Mac, click the Control Center icon.
5. Click the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device from the available devices.
6. Finally, your Mac’s screen is projected onto your Roku-connected TV to watch the content.
Although YouTube Music offers all its tracks for free listening, it also provides three types of premium plans to claim some advanced features. You can subscribe to YouTube Music through its official website. On the other hand, YouTube Music comes with a free add-on with the YouTube Premium Bundle Subscription. Here also, you should visit the official website of YouTube Premium to get the bundle plans.
|Individual||$10.99/month or $109.99/Year|
|Family (5 Members)||$16.99/month|
YouTube Premium Bundle
|Individual||$13.99/month or $139.99/Year|
|Family (5 Members)||$22.99/month|
No. There is no app available for YouTube Music on the Roku Channel Store.
You can choose Spotify on Roku as the best alternative music streaming platform to YouTube Music.
Yes. You can use YouTube Music for absolutely free on any streaming device. But, you should pay for its premium subscription if you want to explore the complete experience with this platform.