YouTube Music is a new music streaming application from YouTube. This app brings millions of songs in various genres and also in various languages. You can get albums, covers, remixes, music videos, and even you can stream live performances of your favorite artists. If you are a music lover, then YouTube Music will be perfect for you. You can enjoy the music content on YouTube Music completely free. Also, YouTube Music is the toughest competitor to Amazon Music. So, if you want to enjoy listening to your favorite music with YouTube Music on Roku, this article will be helpful to you.
Features of YouTube Music
YouTube Music is stuffed with many fabulous features, which are:
Be with Trend
You can get trending music videos from different regions. The most efficient Hotlist option in this app lets the user keep track of what’s trending.
Get amazing recommendations
It provides you with excellent personalized recommendations of your favorite music according to taste, location, and time. You can explore and discover new music on YouTube Music.
You can gain more advantages when you go with YouTube Music Premium. You can get unlimited music without any ads, enjoy offline mode, and many more.
How to Get YouTube Music on Roku?
YouTube is unavailable in the Channel Store. But it doesn’t mean that you can’t access the YouTube Music platform. Instead, you can screen mirror the YouTube Music from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
How to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku?
Firstly, you will have to turn on the Screen Mirroring on Roku device to proceed further. Note the following steps.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to get the home page.
2. Navigate to the Setting option and then click System Settings.
3. Choose Screen mirroring and tap the Enable screen mirroring option.
4. Pick either the Prompt or Always Allow option to enable mirroring.
How to Screen Mirror YouTube Music on Roku using Android Smartphone
Now follow the steps below to know how to Screen Mirror on Roku using Android.
1. Connect your Roku and Android smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. Now, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. Download and install the YouTube Music app from the Google Play Store.
7. Launch the installed YouTube Music app and start mirroring your favorite music on your Roku device-connected TV.
How to Screen Mirror YouTube Music on Roku from iOS Smartphone
To screen mirror your iOS Smartphone’s screen, you must have enabled the AirPlay option. If you can’t turn on the AirPlay option on your Roku, update Roku to the latest version.
NOTE: To turn on the AirPlay option on Roku, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Then, turn on the AirPlay feature from the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
1. From the App Store, install the YouTube Music app.
2. Next, launch the YouTube Music app and sign in to your account.
3. After that, pull down the Control Center. From there, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, your iOS Smartphone scans for nearby devices. From there, select your Roku device.
5. Go back to the YouTube Music app and play any music you want.
6. Finally, your favorite music will mirror to your Roku device-connected TV.
How to Screen Mirror YouTube Music on Roku using Windows?
You can also screen mirror YouTube Music from your Windows to your Roku device-connected TV. Just note the below steps.
1. Connect both the Roku and Windows to the same Wi-Fi.
2. Press the Window + P keys simultaneously on your device keyboard.
3. Hit the Connect to a wireless display option and pick your Roku device.
4. Now, you can see your Roku device’s name on the list of available devices. From there, select your Roku device to pair it.
5. After that, launch a browser on your PC and visit the official website of YouTube Music.
6. Sign in to your account and mirror your favorite music to Roku device-connected TV.
Yes, the YouTube Music app is available on the Channel Store.
Yes, you can access some of the music on the YouTube Music’s library for free. But to get complete access, you need to subscribe to the YouTube Music platform.