Spotify is an audio streaming app for music and podcasts. It has a huge collection of music in various genres and is available in multiple languages. Online streaming is free and ad-supported. To stream music offline, you need a premium subscription. You can get the Spotify app for free in the Roku Channel Store. After installing, you can listen to Spotify music on Roku.
Features of Spotify
- Spotify has more than 60 million songs in its library and has music in all available genres from the recorded labels and media companies.
- It has thousands of podcasts from several channels, and the podcasts are available on all topics.
- The Interface is simple and user-friendly in nature for easy browsing of songs or podcasts. Discover music helps find the music using artists, Albums, most trending, popular albums, etc.
- It offers playlists based on listening and allows users to create their own playlists. In addition, the Playlists can be shared with others within the app itself.
- It has a premium subscription for ad-free music streaming and offline listening to songs.
Pricing of Spotify Subscription
Spotify has both free and premium streaming. The premium costs $ 9.99 per month for ad-free and offline music streaming. It also has a Student premium at a lesser price of $ 4.99 per month. In addition, it offers one month’s free trial for the premium.
How to Get Spotify on Roku
The following steps will help you with adding Spotify to your streaming device.
1. Connect Roku to the TV’s HDMI port and launch Roku.
2. Press the Home button using the remote and select the Streaming channel by scrolling down.
3. Scroll down and select Search Channels in the Roku Channel Store.
4. Type Spotify and select it from the options shown.
5. Select Add Channels to download Spotify from Roku Channel Store and click OK in the prompt.
How to Activate and Play Spotify on Roku
1. Search for the Spotify app on the Roku home screen by scrolling.
2. Select Spotify to launch it on Roku. You can log in with your Spotify account or else create a new account.
3. Select Login with Pin, and Spotify generates the PIN.
4. Visit the Spotify site on your smartphone or PC. Login with your Spotify, Facebook, or Google account.
5. Enter the PIN to activate the app, and in Roku, select your favorite artist and genre in Spotify to customize your playlist.
Alternative Ways to Add Spotify on Roku
The following are some alternative methods you can use to add Spotify to your streaming device.
2. After installing the Roku app, launch it and sign in to your account.
3. Then, tap on the Devices tab from the lower right corner.
4. Next, after connecting your Android or iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network, your Roku device will be displayed on your smartphone’s screen.
5. Select your Roku device to connect your Roku device and your Smartphone.
6. Now, tap on the Channels tab below the Roku device.
7. Then, tap on the Channel Store tab from the top of the interface.
8. Now, search and select the Spotify app.
9. Then, tap on the Add Channel button.
10. Next, enter your Roku PIN if required.
11. Finally, the Spotify app will be added to your Roku TV.
1. Open the browser on your PC and go to Roku Site.
2. Sign in to your Roku account. After signing in, click What to watch.
3. Select Channel Store and type Spotify in the search box.
4. Click Details and select Add Channel to download Spotify.
Related: How to get YouTube TV on Roku
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror Spotify to Roku TV
First, you need to enable the screen mirroring on your Roku TV. Then, you can follow the steps below to screen mirror Spotify to your streaming device from your Android or iOS Smartphone.
Note: To enable screen mirror on Roku, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode > select Prompt or Allways Allow. After that, screen mirroring will be enabled on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Spotify to Roku from Android Smartphone
Initially, connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Spotify app on your Android Smartphone. If you haven’t installed the Spotify app, you can install the app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, launch the Spotify app and sign in to your account.
3. Search and play any music you like.
4. Then, go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
5. Now, choose your Roku device.
6. Finally, currently playing music from the Spotify app will play on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Spotify to Roku from iOS Smartphone
The following steps will help you with mirroring the Spotify app to your streaming device from iOS Smartphone.
1. Ensure that you have connected your Roku device and iOS Smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. From the App Store on your iOS Smartphone, install the Spotify app.
Download Link for Spotify – App Store
3. Then, go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Next, choose your Roku device.
5. Once you are done with the above process, launch the Spotify app and log in to your account.
6. Search for your favorite songs or music and play it.
7. Finally, your favorite songs are music will play on your Roku TV via mirroring.
Screen Mirror Spotify to Roku from PC
Also, with the Roku website, you can easily access the songs from a browser. And the below steps will explain to you how to mirror Spotify to your Streaming device from a PC.
1. Open any web browser on your PC.
2. Then, input the URL of the official website of Spotify and visit it.
3. Next, sign in with your account.
4. Play any of your favorite songs from the web on your PC.
5. Now, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
6. Choose your Roku device displayed on the screen.
Note: If you haven’t connected your Roku and PC to the same Wi-Fi network, your Roku device won’t be visible.
7. Finally, the song selected by you will mirror to your Roku TV.
Yes, Spotify is available on the channel store.
Yes, the Spotify channel is free to add on to Roku but to access it, you need a subscription.
Check if you have a stable internet connection and an active subscription to Spotify. Then, you can try connecting to the Spotify app.