- Installation: Press the Home button on Roku remote → Select Streaming Channels → Search Channels → Type Spotify → Click Add channel.
- Install via The Roku App: Open The Roku App → Sign in to your Roku account → Tap Devices → Select Roku TV → Channels → Channel Store → Search Spotify → Add Channel.
- Add from Roku website: Visit the Roku website → Sign in to your Roku account → Click What to Watch → Channel Store → Search Spotify → Details → Add Channel.
- Usage: Open Spotify → Log in with Spotify username and PIN → Start listening to music.
Spotify is an audio streaming platform where you can search and listen to over 80 million songs. In addition, it consists of 4.7 million podcasts and you can stream it for free or with a premium subscription. This app is compatible with mobiles, tablets, Smart TVs, desktops, gaming consoles, and wearing devices. Roku users can add Spotify Music for free from the Roku Channel Store.
- Watch famous podcasts like The Joe Rogan Experience, Modern Wisdom, Crime Junkie, etc.
- New music, albums, and playlists are updated regularly.
- Find songs from your favorite Netflix shows.
- Create multiple playlists and share them with your loved ones.
- Enjoy singing your favorite songs with built-in lyrics support.
Spotify has both free and premium plans. Visit the Spotify official website if you are signing up for the first time. Then click on Get Started and enter the necessary details. Here is a list of premium packages available on Spotify.
- Individual – $9.99/month
- Duo – $12.99/month
- Family – $15.99/month
- Student – $4.99/month
How to Add Spotify Music on Roku
1. Connect your Roku to the TV’s HDMI port and turn it on.
2. Press the Home button using the remote and click on Streaming channel by scrolling down.
3. Scroll down and select Search Channels in the Roku Channel Store.
4. Type Spotify and select it from the options shown.
5. Select + Add Channel to install Spotify on Roku. Click OK, if prompted.
How to Activate and Play Spotify on Roku
1. Search for the Spotify app on the Roku home screen by scrolling.
2. Select Spotify to launch it on Roku. You can log in with your Spotify account or else create a new account.
3. Select the Login with Pin option and it will automatically generate the PIN.
4. Further, go to the Spotify website on your smartphone or PC. Login with your Spotify, Facebook, or Google account.
5. Enter the PIN to activate the app on Roku.
6. After that, you can start listening to your favorite songs or create a playlist.
Alternative Ways to Add Spotify on Roku
Besides installing from the Roku Channel Store, there are other ways to install Spotify on Roku your smartphone, tablet, and PC. Follow the below instructions to do the same.
Add Spotify to Roku from Smartphone
1. First, install The Roku App on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. After installing The Roku App, launch it and sign in to your account.
3. Then, tap on the Devices tab from the lower right corner.
4. Then connect your Android or iOS smartphone and Roku to the same WIFI network. Your Roku device will be displayed on your smartphone’s screen.
5. Select your Roku device to connect.
6. Once connected, tap the Channels tab below the Roku device.
7. Then, tap on the Channel Store tab from the top of the interface.
8. Now, search and select the Spotify app.
9. Then, tap on the Add Channel button.
10. Next, enter your Roku PIN if required.
11. Finally, the Spotify app will be added to your Roku TV.
Add Spotify to Roku from the PC
1. Open the browser on your PC and go to Roku’s official website.
2. Sign in to your Roku account. After signing in, click What to watch.
3. Select Channel Store and type Spotify in the search box.
4. Click Details and select Add Channel to download Spotify.
Note: For streaming movies and live TV channels on Roku, install YouTube TV on Roku.
Alternative Method: Screen Mirror Spotify to Roku TV
First, you need to enable the screen mirroring on your Roku TV. Then, you can follow the steps below to screen mirror Spotify to your streaming device from an Android or iOS smartphone.
Go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode > select Prompt or Always Allow. After that, screen mirroring will be enabled on your Roku TV.
Mirror Spotify from Android
Initially, connect your Android smartphone and Roku to the same WIFI network and follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Spotify app on your Android smartphone. If you haven’t installed the Spotify app, you can install it from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, launch the Spotify app and sign in to your account.
3. Search and play any music you like.
4. Then, pull the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon on your Android smartphone.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the connections.
6. If you play any music on the Spotify app, it will simultaneously play on your Roku TV.
Mirror Spotify to Roku from iOS
The following steps will help you with mirroring the Spotify app to your Roku streaming device from your iPhone or iPad.
1. Ensure that you have connected your Roku device and iPhone/iPad are connected to the same WIFI network.
2. Go to the App Store on your iOS and install the Spotify app.
3. From your iPhone or iPad, go to the Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring.
4. Next, choose your Roku device.
5. Once you are done with the above process, launch the Spotify app and log in to your account.
6. Search for your favorite songs or music and play it.
7. Finally, your favorite music will play on your Roku TV via mirroring.
Mirror Spotify from Windows PC
You can also stream Spotify Music from a web browser. Therefore, it is easy to screen mirror Spotify from your Windows PC as well. Here are the steps to do so.
1. Open any web browser on your PC.
2. Then, enter the URL of the official website of Spotify and visit it.
3. Next, sign in with your account.
4. Play any of your favorite songs from the web on your PC.
5. Now, press the Windows + K shortcut on your keyboard.
6. Choose your Roku device displayed on the screen.
Important Note: If you haven’t connected your Roku and PC to the same WIFI network, your Roku device won’t be visible for wireless mirroring.
7. Finally, the song selected will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
Yes, Spotify is available on the Roku Channel store.
Yes, Spotify Music is free to access on Roku. You can even subscribe to premium for ad-free streaming.
Power cycle the WIFI router and Roku TV, restart your Roku device, update the Spotify app and Roku OS to the latest version, uninstall and reinstall the Roku app, or delete the Spotify cache to fix the Spotify app not working issue.