Spotify is an audio streaming app for music and podcasts. It has a huge collection of music in various genres and available in multiple languages. The online streaming is free and ad-supported. To stream music offline, you need a premium subscription. You can get the Spotify app for free in the Roku Channel Store. After installing, you can listen to Spotify music on Roku.
Features of Spotify
- Spotify has more than 60 million songs in its library and has music in all available genres from the recorded labels and media companies.
- It has thousands of podcasts from several channels and the podcasts are available in all topics.
- The Interface is simple and user-friendly in nature for easy browsing of songs or podcasts. Discover music helps find the music using Artist, Albums, most trending, popular albums, etc.
- It offers playlists based on listening and allows users to create their own playlists. The Playlists can be shared with others within the app itself.
- It has premium subscription for ad free music streaming and offline listening to songs.
Pricing of Spotify Subscription
Spotify has both free and premium streaming. The premium costs $ 9.99 per month for ad-free and offline music streaming. It also has a Student premium at a lesser price of $ 4.99 per month. It offers one month free trial for the premium.
How to Add Spotify on Roku
Step 1: Connect Roku to the HDMI port of the TV and launch Roku.
Step 2: Press the Home button using remote and select Streaming channel by scrolling down.
Step 3: Scroll down and select Search Channels in the Roku Channel Store.
Step 4: Type Spotify and select it from the options shown.
Step 5: Select Add Channels to download Spotify from Roku Channel Store and click OK in the prompt.
Activate Spotify on Roku
Step 1: Search for Spotify app in Roku home screen by scrolling.
Step 2: Select Spotify to launch it on Roku. You can login with your spotify account or else create new account.
Step 3: Select Login with Pin and Spotify generates the PIN.
Step 4: Visit the Spotify site on your smartphone or PC. Login with your Spotify, Facebook, or Google account.
Step 5: Enter the PIN to activate the app and in Roku select your favorite artist and genre in Spotify to customize your playlist.
Alternative ways to add Spotify on Roku
Step 1: Launch the Roku app in the smartphone and select Channel Store.
Step 2: Search for Spotify in the channel store and select the app.
Step 3: Click Add Channel to get Spotify on Roku.
Step 1: Open the browser in PC and go to Roku Site.
Step 2: Sign in your Roku account. After signing in, click What to watch.
Step 3: Select Channel Store and type Spotify in the search box.
Step 4: Click Details and select Add Channel to download Spotify.
The above two methods will install Spotify on Roku and you will get to see the app once you logged in your Roku account.
Thus, Spotify is the best music streaming app, and it is the most widely used app in the world. It streams music with high audio quality and offers customized playlists for everyone. If you have any queries in following the above steps, please specify it in the comments.
Related: YouTube TV on Roku
1. Can i add Spotify on Roku?
Yes. You can add Spotify on Roku from channel store and you can go through the above steps for quick completion of the process.
2. How long is Spotify free?
Spotify is completely free for online streaming along with Ads and it needs premium for offline streaming.
3. What is the cost of Spotify premium?
The cost of Spotify premium is $ 9.99 per month and the student premium costs is $ 4.99 per month.
4. Do Spotify has annual subscription?
No, Spotify has only monthly subscription and no annual subscription.