Want to discover trending videos and popular video songs on your Roku, then download the YouTube app on your Roku device directly from the Roku Channel Store. Using the YouTube app you can explore different types of videos in music, gaming, beauty, news, and more. Also, you can subscribe to your favorite individual or community to get easy access to their latest videos and watch them on your Roku TV big screen effortlessly. To elevate your YouTube entertainment on Roku, you can choose to upgrade to YouTube Premium which unlocks ad-free streaming, playback, YouTube Music, and more.
- YouTube offers a wide variety of on-demand video content.
- The content streaming quality is available from 144p to 4K.
- It has a Save option to download the content for offline streaming.
- There is a favorite list to add the on-demand content.
- Buy or rent your favorite TV shows, movies, and series.
- Allows you to support creators through channel memberships.
- The app comes with personal recommendation videos on the home page.
- Easy access to the latest videos from your subscribed channels in the Subscriptions tab.
YouTube offers three different types of subscriptions.
|Family (5 members)||$22.99||–|
How to Install YouTube on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for YouTube in Roku Channel Store.
4. Click Add Channel to download the app on your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch YouTube on Roku.
How to Add YouTube from Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter YouTube in the search bar.
3. Click Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update the firmware of the Roku device to get it immediately.
How to Activate YouTube on Roku
1. Launch the YouTube app and select Sign in to get Activation Code.
2. Go to the YouTube Activation Website [https://www.google.com/device] on your Smartphone or PC.
3. Enter the Activation Code and click on the Continue button.
4. Sign in to your YouTube account to complete the activation.
5. Now, go to the YouTube app on your device to stream the content.
In addition to direct installation, you can also screen mirror YouTube from Android and iOS devices.
Screen Mirror YouTube on Roku from Android
Before proceeding further, you have to enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install YouTube on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the YouTube app and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
YouTube Not Working on Roku
If YouTube is not working on your Roku device, you can easily fix the issue with simple troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Restart the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- Eliminate the cache files on Roku and try again.
- As a last fix, contact customer support to get the apt fix.
Yes, you can install and watch YouTube on Roku at no cost.
You can block YouTube on Roku by enabling the PIN lock system on Roku.
Yes, the YouTube Premium subscription gives you access to YouTube Music.