VH1 is an American cable TV channel that mostly streams reality shows, original series, and music videos. With the availability of the VH1 app in the Roku Channel Store, you can access your favorite shows anytime you want. Some of the popular shows you can watch on the VH1 app are Love & Hip Hop Atlanta, RuPaul’s drag race, Cartel Crew, Black Ink Crew Chicago, Basketball Wives, and more. Moreover, you can access the VH1 app for free with the participating cable TV provider account.
Features of the VH1 App
Here are the best features of the VH1 app:
- It offers exclusive content such as cast reactions, bonus clips, and deleted scenes.
- You can stream VH1 shows on HD quality.
- VH1 supports multiple devices, and you can enjoy watching VH1 on your favorite screens.
- The service provides different genres of content that ensures thousands of hours of entertainment.
How to Get VH1 on Roku
As VH1 is officially available on the Roku Channel Store, you can install it easily on your Roku device.
1. Go to the home page of your Roku.
Note: Make sure you have connected your Roku to a wifi network.
2. Head over to the Streaming Channels option from the home screen.
3. Select the Search Channels option from the left pane.
4. Search for VH1 and pick the same from the search result.
5. Click the Add Channel button from the channel info page.
6. Wait for the adding process to be complete and select the OK button.
7. On the next screen, select the Go to Channel option.
Alternative Method to Add VH1 on Roku
With the official Roku app installed on your Android or iOS device, you can add channels on Roku.
Note: You must connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Make sure to sign in to your Roku account.
3. Next, from the bottom right corner of your screen, tap on the Devices tab.
4. From the available devices that appear on your screen, select your Roku device.
5. Once your Roku device is connected, tap on the Channels tab.
6. Next, tap on the Channel Store tab. Then, search for VH1 and choose it from the search result.
7. Finally, hit the Add Channel button, and the channel will be added in 24 hours. To add the channel immediately, update Roku.
How to Activate VH1 on Roku
Follow the steps below to activate the app on your device:
1. Launch the VH1 app on your Roku.
2. Note the Activation code shown on your TV screen.
3. Visit http://www.vh1.com/activate site from your PC or smartphone browser.
4. Enter the Activation keys on the site and click the Continue button.
5. Log In with your TV provider. Now you will get the homepage of VH1 on your TV.
6. Choose your favorite shows and start streaming on Roku.
How to Watch VH1 on Roku Without Cable
There are a few streaming apps that allow you to stream VH1. Three among these streaming apps are:
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
Philo is an innovative streaming service that offers not only VH1 but also many other popular channels. It supports various platforms, namely, streaming media players, smart TVs, phones, tablets, etc. With Philo on Roku, you get access to over 25,000 on-demand titles in the library. You can even enjoy the seven-day free trial of Philo.
Cost of Philo – $25 per month.
The content library of Sling TV is mostly stuffed with TV shows and episodes. Hence, you can also enjoy the shows on VH1 via Sling TV. The Sling Orange specifically offers the VH1 channel.
The basic plan of Sling TV costs- $35-50 per month.
YouTube TV subscribers can enjoy VH1 on multiple devices, including Roku. It lets users record the VH1 shows with unlimited cloud storage. YouTube TV subscription can be used by three members simultaneously.
Package of YouTube TV – $64.99 per month.
You need to visit the official website of VH1. Then, click on the Start 24-Hour Pass button. Next, enter your Email ID and password. Then, you can start your 24-hour free trial.
Yes, you can subscribe to VH1 through Prime Video.