Amazon Prime Video is one of the best streaming service providers. It is an amazing app to stream a wide variety of content. You can watch thousands of movies, TV shows, and series. The Amazon Prime members can access all the available contents of Prime Video. It supports many popular devices such as Smartphones, Tablets, Smart TVs, Roku, Firestick, and more. If you are a Roku user, you can install the Prime Video app from Channel Store and start streaming your favorite movies on the TV.
Features of Prime Video
Here are the features of using Prime Video:
Enjoy Offline Videos
You can download your favorite videos and enjoy watching them offline or later. You can select the quality of the video while downloading and watching to control data usage.
You can access Prime Video either on the web or on application. It allows you to stream video on three devices simultaneously and compile with many devices.
Prime Video offers splendid content such as award-winning Amazon Originals, blockbuster Bollywood movies, regional movies, and so on.
With the Prime membership, you can get ad-free music along with unlimited free and quick delivery. It lets you stream videos of good quality.
Subscription Plans for Prime Video
Prime Video offers two membership plan:
- Monthly Membership Plan – $6.99/month
- Annual Membership Plan – $59/year
It also provides a 30-day free trial. Hence, Amazon Prime members can add other streaming channels like Showtime, Starz, A&E, AMC, etc.
How to Add Prime Video on Roku
Prime Video is officially available on the Roku Channel Store. Follow the steps below to install the app on your device:
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote and go to the Homepage.
2. Navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
3. Click the Search Channels button and search for Prime Video.
4. Select the app from the suggestions and the Prime Video app page will appear.
5. Click on the Add Channel button to start installing.
6. Tap the OK button once the installation is complete.
7. Press the Go to channel option to launch the app.
How to watch Prime Video on Roku?
After downloading the app, you have to login with your Amazon account to activate.
1. Open the installed Prime Video app on your device.
2. Complete the Sign-in process by providing the details required.
3. The home screen of Prime Video will appear.
4. Pick any video and start streaming.
Related: YouTube TV on Roku
Why is Amazon Prime video not working on Roku?
If the app is not working on your Roku, then try to uninstall and reinstall it. After installing, restart your Roku streaming device and try using the application.
Is Amazon Prime video worth it?
If you are a big fan of a Prime Video movie, then a subscription might be worth it for the extensive film catalog — especially if you can use it to replace pricey digital rentals.
How do I change my Roku account?
You can change your Roku account by resetting the device to the factory settings.
Is Amazon Prime free on Roku?
Roku customers who are also Amazon Prime Members can now enjoy unlimited, commercial-free instant streaming of more than 5,000 movies and TV shows at no additional cost! The Prime Instant Video Service is part of the Amazon Instant Video channel already installed on all Roku players today.