Univision is a Spanish-language television network that offers an extensive library of Spanish media content in various genres. As it is officially available on the Channel Store, Roku users can install Univision directly on their devices.
This streaming channel features both live and on-demand shows like Noticiero Univision, Al Punto, El Chavo del Ocho, etc. To access all these media contents on Univision, you should link your cable TV provider with the Univision platform.
Here we’ve prepared a comprehensive guide that helps you to add and activate the Univison app on your Roku device. Moreover, you can also find some streaming services where you can stream Univision without a cable TV connection.
Univision is available to stream if you have an active cable TV connection. All you need to do is sign in with your cable TV provider account on the Univision platform. Here are the most popular TV providers you can use to sign in to the Univision app or website.
- Altice One
- Atlantic Broadband
- AT&T TV
- AT&T U-verse
- Fubo TV
- Google Fiber
- Grande Communications
How to Install Univision on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for Univision in the Roku Channel Store.
4. Click + Add Channel to install the app on your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch Univision on Roku.
How to Add Univision from the Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter Univision in the search bar.
3. Click + Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update the firmware of the Roku device to get it immediately.
How to Activate Univision on Roku
After adding Univision, you have to activate the app on your device. To activate,
 Launch the Univision channel on your device.
 You will find the activation code on your TV. Note it down.
 Open any browser on your PC or smartphone and visit https://tv.univision.com/devicereg.
 Enter the activation code you see on the TV and choose the Service Provider as well.
 Now log in with your username and password.
The channel on your Roku will refresh and start displaying content. You can now start streaming your favorite videos on the TV from Univision.
How to Stream Univision on Roku Without Cable
Live TV streaming services are the perfect option to watch Univision on Roku without cable. The Univision channel is available for streaming on fuboTV, YouTube TV, and DirecTV.
fuboTV is one of the best streaming services that offer a Univision channel. You can download fuboTV on Roku through the Channel Store. The channel holds around 220+ TV channels in its subscription. It provides 1,000 hours of Cloud DVR storage to record Univision content for watching offline.
The Univision can be streamed by subscribing to any one of three fuboTV premium plans (Pro, Elite, and Premier). If you want to get a low-cost option, you can choose fuboTV Pro for $74.99 per month.
YouTube TV is one of the best streaming services that offer the Univision channel in it. By downloading YouTube TV on Roku, you can stream 100+ TV channels of the service. It provides unlimited Cloud DVR storage to record TV shows of any channel for watching offline. You can stream Univision on YouTube TV for a subscription of $72.99 per month.
Website: YouTube TV
DirecTV Stream is one of the best streaming services that offer Univision content. The service offers Live TV packages, on-demand content, and college sporting events. You can also stream 150+ TV channels with DirecTV Stream on Roku. It provides unlimited Cloud DVR storage to record Univision content for watching offline.
You can stream the Univision channel by subscribing to 4 premium packages of DirecTV Stream. But you can stream Univision at a minimum price of $74 per month with the Entertainment plan of DirecTV Stream.
Website: DirecTV Stream
How to Fix Univision Not Working on Roku
If you are facing any issues like the app crashing, black screen, or not loading with the Univision app on your Roku, you need to perform some troubleshooting techniques to fix those issues.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- Reboot the Roku device to fix the lagging and not loading issues.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Delete the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- As a last solution, contact customer support to fix the issue immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. the Univision app is available on the Roku Channel Store.
Yes. you can watch all the content offered by Univision for free on Roku devices using any active TV provider.