The CW App is the best way to stream all the content of The CW Channel. It offers the latest episodes of your favorite shows and series. With The CW app, you can watch free TV channels on Roku. There are no subscriptions or logins for this app, so you enjoy The CW on the go. It is compatible with many devices, including Apple TV, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and also Roku streaming devices. If you are a Roku user, then you can easily add The CW app to your Roku.
Famous Contents of The CW
The famous shows and series on The CW are:
- Masters of Illusion
- My Last Days
- Jane The Virgin
- The Originals
- The Vampire Diaries
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- CW Watch more
How to Add The CW on Roku?
As The CW is natively available on Roku Channel Store, you can easily install this app on your device.
1. Connect your Roku device to the TV and go to the Homepage.
2. Head over to the Streaming Channels option in the menu.
3. Next, choose the Search Channels option.
4. Use the virtual keyboard to search for The CW channel and choose it from the suggestions.
5. Hit the Add Channel button on the channel description page.
6. Tap the OK button once The CW channel is added to your Roku device-connected TV.
7. After that, select the Go to Channel option to launch The CW channel.
8. Now, you can browse or choose any of your favorite shows from The CW channel and watch them on your Roku device-connected TV.
How to Screen Mirror The CW to Roku
Since your Roku device has a built-in mirroring feature, you can screen mirror the CW app from an Android or iOS Smartphone. To do that, you need to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror The CW from Android Smartphone
1. From the Google Play Store, install The CW app.
2. Then, connect both the Android Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Next, launch the Notification Panel by swiping your Smartphone’s screen from up to down.
4. Tap on the Cast icon from the Notification Panel.
5. Now, your Android Smartphone will search for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
6. After that, launch The CW app and mirror your favorites to your Roku device-connected TV.
Screen Mirror The CW from iOS Smartphone
Connect your iOS Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as Roku and follow the steps below.
Important Note: With the latest update to Roku, you can AirPlay content from Roku. But to do that, you will have to enable the AirPlay feature. Also, you can do the same from Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Now, you can enable the AirPlay feature if it is disabled.
1. Launch The CW app on your iOS Smartphone. If you haven’t installed The CW app, install the app from the App Store.
2. Go to the Control Center on your iOS Smartphone.
3. Then, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device.
4. Now, your iOS Smartphone’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku device-connected TV.
5. After that, launch the CW app.
6. Choose and play any of your favorite content and mirror them to your Roku device-connected TV.
Screen Mirror The CW from PC
Make sure that you have connected your PC and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. On a PC browser, visit the official website of The CW.
2. Then, choose any of your favorite shows and play them.
3. Next, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard. After that, choose your Roku device from the right pane.
4. Now, go back to The CW webpage and mirror your favorites to Roku device-connected TV.
Alternative Methods to Watch The CW on Roku
You can watch The CW without cable by using these alternative streaming services on Roku.
- YouTube TV
You can watch The CW channel with the Hulu on Roku. To get the CW channel, you need to subscribe to Hulu + Live. Then, you can watch the CW channel along with 67+ Live TV Channels. It also allows you to enjoy on-demand content. Even you can stream your favorite content on two screens simultaneously. So, get the Hulu with Live TV subscription at $69.99/month.
fuboTV on Roku is also the right choice to watch CW as it is compatible with the Roku streaming device. You can enjoy streaming thousands of content with 30 hours of Cloud DVR space. Opt for FuboTV at $69.99/month with a 7-day free trial.
YouTube TV on Roku is one of the good platforms to stream CW. You can stream both the live channels and on-demand content on this app. It supports cloud DVR storage, so you can record your favorite content and enjoy them watching it later. Obtain YouTube TV at $64.99 per month and enjoy streaming CW.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the CW channel is free to add and use for Roku.
You can get The CW channel from the Roku Channel Store.