Are you having a hard time with the Spectrum app that is not working on your Roku TV? The Spectrum TV app is a single-window to your favorite live TV channels. In addition to the live TV channels, the app brings you amazing on-demand shows and movies. The app is not frequent with issues. However, you can’t always look away from the fact that the app might stop working. So, we have compiled a bunch of useful troubleshooting tips. You should try these whenever you come across an app that is loading or crashing down.
Why Is Spectrum App Not Working On Roku
If you find that the Spectrum app doesn’t work on your Roku TV, one of the following causes might be the reason.
- A weak or poor internet connection.
- You are not connected to the internet.
- Corrupted data within the Spectrum app.
- Pending software update on your Roku.
- Your account is restricted or is subjected to a security breach.
- A location problem on your Roku or VPN.
Spectrum app not working on Roku TV: Fixes
Try these fixes if the Roku Spectrum app live TV and on-demand are not working.
Spectrum TV Server is Down
If the Spectrum TV server is down for maintenance, it might interfere with loading the app on your device. Therefore, you need to start the troubleshooting after making sure that there are no server issues with Spectrum. You can use websites like Downdetector to identify a server issue.
Check Your Internet
Make sure that you have connected your device to a proper internet connection. If the internet speed is slow, it is obvious why the Spectrum app might not load properly. If you feel the internet is slow, you need to restart your Wi-Fi router. For the same, you need to unplug the router from the power source for a couple of minutes. If the Wi-Fi speed is still less, you can connect using an Ethernet cable. You can also check the internet speed on Roku. After that, you can decide what to do.
Reduce the Network Usage
If you have connected other devices to the same Wi-Fi network, it might interfere with the streaming speed on Roku. For instance, if you are downloading something on a device connected to the same network, it reduces the speed on Roku. Therefore, reduce the number of devices connected to your Wi-Fi, if the Spectrum app is not loading.
Connect To a Different Wi-Fi Network
If the Wi-Fi network is slow, you can connect Roku to a Wifi network with a different ISP. However, this method is possible only if you have access to a stronger network.
1. On your Roku device open the Settings menu.
2. Next, select the Network option from the menu.
4. Select the Wireless option and find the Wi-Fi network to connect with.
5. Carefully and the password to establish a connection.
Restart Your Roku Device
If all the apps on your device, including Spectrum TV, are slowing down, you need to restart your TV.
1. From the Roku Settings menu, select the System option.
2. Next, select the System Restart option.
3. Select the Restart option and wait for the restart to complete within a few seconds.
Perform a Hard Reset
When you perform a hard reset, it removes the residual power from your device as well as the power malfunctions developed over time.
1. Turn off the Roku device and unplug it from the power source.
2. Keep the device unplugged for at least 5 minutes.
3. Finally, plug the device back into the power source and open the Spectrum app.
Renew Spectrum Subscription
If the Spectrum subscription has expired, you can’t access the app. Therefore, you need to make sure that you renew the subscription. You can choose to get a Spectrum TV Choice, Stream, or Essential subscription.
Update the Account Information
If while trying to access the Spectrum app, you can’t log in, you might have to update the account information. This might be because your profile is hacked or your subscription has expired.
1. On the login page, select Forgot Password.
2. Now, you get a Verification Code on your respective email address.
3. Following the instructions, you can update the password of the app.
4. Finally, log into Spectrum with a new password.
Just like any other app, if there are pending updates on Spectrum TV, it might not work properly on your device. Therefore, you need to make sure that you update the app frequently. You can update Roku software to keep the apps up to date.
1. Open the Roku Settings menu.
2. From the menu, choose the System option.
3. Next, select the Software Update option and then the Check Now option.
4. Now, select the Update Now button from the popup window.
Finally, your Roku device will download the update and install it automatically.
Adjust Roku Bitrate
You might have to change the Roku Bitrate to reduce the data usage of the device.
1. Grab your Roku remote and press the Home button 5 times.
2. Select Manual Selection.
3. From the menu, try options like 12 Mbps, 7.5 Mbps, and other options till you can load the app.
Perform a Factory Reset
One of the final measures to adopt is a factory reset. Once you perform a reset, you will lose all the apps and settings on your device. Still, it will fix all bugs and issues with the device.
1. From the Roku Settings menu, select System.
2. Select the Advanced System Settings option.
3. Find the Factory Reset option and select it.
4. Confirm the reset and wait for the device to complete the reset process.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the spectrum app is not working, check if you have renewed the subscription.
If the Spectrum app is not available on your device, it might be caused by a server outage.
The Spectrum app not working issue may caused due to server outrage.