Sky Sports on Roku is a subscription Television sports channel which is operated by the satellite pay-TV company. Customers can get a combination of 1, 2, 3, or all the Sky Sports channels, including Sky Sports Premier League, Sky sports football, Sky sports, and more. There are around 10 Sky Sports available in both HD and SD. In Sky Sports, you can watch the best live coverage of your favorite sports like Football, Golf, Cricket, Rugby, Boxing, and more.
Popular Shows on Sky Sports
Here are the famous shows available on Sky Sports:
- Premier League
- League One
- Scottish Football
- FA Cup
- Carabao Cup
- Domestic Cups
Can you Watch Sky Sports on Roku TV
Yes, you can watch Sky Sports on Roku. But the standalone alone app for Sky Sports is unavailable in Roku Channel Store. But the NOW TV on Roku offers the Sky Sports channel. So, you need to subscribe to NOW TV at https://www.nowtv.com/ to stream the Sky Sports channel on Roku. Specifically, you need to subscribe to NOW TV’s Sports membership at £25 per month.
How to Watch Sky Sports on Roku
1. Go to the Home screen by pressing the Home button.
2. Choose the Streaming Channels and select the Search channels option.
3. Search for NOW and select it from the search results.
4. Select Add channel option to install the app on your Roku device.
5. Once the NOW app is installed, hit the OK button from the prompt.
6. Next, choose the Go to Channel button to launch the NOW app.
How to Activate NOW to Stream Sky Sports
1. Once the NOW app is installed, launch it.
2. An activation code will be displayed on the screen of your TV. If you can’t see the activation code, select the Log In or Sign In button to generate one.
3. On a web browser, move to the activation page of NOW: https://www.nowtv.com/activate.
4. Paste the activation code you noted down earlier and click on the Continue button.
5. Next, sign in with your NOW subscription account and activate the NOW app.
6. Go back to the NOW app and search for Sky Sports.
7. You can now stream your favorite sports events on Roku via Sky Sports.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror Sky Sports on Roku
Accessing Sky Sports via the NOW app requires a subscription. Whereas the Sky Sports app from your Android or iOS device doesn’t require a subscription. You can just sign in with the participating cable TV provider account that offers the Sky Sports subscription. So, if you don’t want to pay an extra price to watch Sky Sports, you can screen mirror the Sky Sports app to Roku from Android devices like smartphones or tablets and iOS devices like iPhones or iPads.
Screen Mirror Sky Sports to Roku from Android Devices
Enable the Screen Mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Google Play Store and install the Sky Sports app.
2. Next, connect your Android device to the same wifi network as Roku.
3. Launch the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon from the menu.
4. You can now see the list of nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
5. After a successful connection, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. Next, open the Sky Sports app and sign in to your account.
7. Choose any sports events and mirror them to Roku.
Screen Mirror Sky Sports to Roku from iOS Devices
Make sure to connect your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Install the Sky Sports app from the App Store.
2. Next, turn on the AirPlay on Roku.
3. Swipe down the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. From the list of nearby devices displayed on the screen, select your Roku device.
5. After a successful connection, you can see your iOS device’s screen on Roku.
6. Open the Sky Sports app and log in with your cable TV provider account.
7. You can now enjoy streaming your favorite sports on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can watch Sky Sports on your Android and iOS devices.
Yes, you can get Sky Sports with Amazon Prime Video.
You can choose the Sky Go app as an alternative to Sky Sports.