National Hockey League (NHL) is a professional ice hockey league in North America. 32 teams (25 from the United States and 7 from Canada) compete with each other to win the trophy. It is one of the best sporting events in North America. From the 2021 – 2022 season, you can watch NHL on the ABC Network, ESPN, TBS, and TNT. You can stream the content on streaming devices using the ESPN+ app and the Hulu app. If you are a Roku user, then you can stream the NHL using the NFL app as well. Alternatively, you can install the ESPN+ and the Hulu channel to stream NHL on your Roku streaming device or TV as well.
Features of NHL
Here are the best features of the NHL app on your Roku:
- You can watch your team highlights with the team pages by jumping into Live games.
- DVR Controls allows you to Pause and rewind live games.
- Replays can be watched from every game of the 2017-2018 seasons and later.
- It is a new generation of Hockey Broadcasting.
- NHL introduces the next major innovation in RPM Tech-powered gameplay.
To access the NFL channel on Roku, you need to subscribe to NFL monthly pass at $14.99 per month. Also, you can visit https://www.nhl.com/subscribe#plans to subscribe to the NFL.
How to Add NHL from Roku Channel Store?
As mentioned earlier, NHL is available officially on the Roku Channel Store. You can add it directly to your device.
1. Connect your Roku to the HDMI port of your TV and turn it on.
2. Press the Home button on your remote and move to the home page.
3. Head over to the Streaming Channels from the left pane.
4. Under Streaming channels, navigate to the Search Channels option.
5. Type NHL using the on-screen keyboard and choose the app from the search result.
6. Select the Add channel button to add the NHL channel.
7. Once the NHL channel is added, select OK from the prompt.
8. Click Go to Channel to launch the app.
9. Enter your subscription credentials to sign in to your account.
10. After that, choose any NFL games and watch them on your Roku TV.
How to Stream NHL on Roku without a Cable
You can also install the below-streaming service providers on your Roku and stream the NHL events live on your TV as well.
ESPN on Roku is a popular American Sports channel. Also, the ESPN channel is available on the Roku channel store. And with the ESPN+ subscription, you can easily access the NFL games. So, to watch the NFL games with ESPN, you only have to subscribe to ESPN+ at $6.99 per month. Other than the NFL games, you can also watch basketball, UFC, and more.
2. Sling TV
Streaming services like the Sling TV on Roku need no introduction. It is one of the affordable streaming services. Also, you can watch NFL games on Sling TV. To do that, subscribe to Sling Orange or Blue package at $35 per month. Then, purchase the Sling Sports Extra Add-on at $10 per month to get the NFL network. Also, you will get other sports channels like NBA TV, MLB Network, Golf Channel, Tennis Channel, and more.
fuboTV on Roku is known for offering sports-related channels. So, by subscribing to fubotv at $69.99 per month, you can access the NFL games. Also, you will get entertainment channels like AMC, Bravo, Showtime, and more. Some additional features included with the subscription are a 7-day free trial, 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage to record your favorite sports games, etc.
Hulu on Roku offers various plans. One of the plans you need to subscribe to watch the NFL games is Hulu + Live TV at $69.99 per month. Also, with the subscription, you can watch over 75 channels. In addition, you will get a 30-day free trial and cloud storage of 50 hours to record your favorite shows.
A lot of streaming service offers NFL games. So, you can subscribe to any one of the streaming services and get a free trial.
You have to pay $14.99 per month to get NFL games on Roku.