NFL stands for National Football League. It is a professional American football league consisting of 32 teams. The NFL 2022 season is scheduled to start on September 8, 2022, to January 8, 2023. Moreover, with the NFL app, you can stream the NFL games of your favorite teams anytime you want. Luckily, the NFL app is available for Roku. So, you can enjoy streaming your favorite NFL games anytime you want on the big screen.
With the NFL app, you can watch live out-of-market pre-season games, live regular seasons, game replays, and more. Even you can access the NFL Network 24/7. To access all of these features, you only need an NFL Plus (NFL Game Pass) subscription.
How Much is the NFL Channel on Roku
You need an NFL Game Pass subscription to access the NFL app on Roku. So, the following are the subscription plans offered by NFL Game Pass:
- Free Plan: Create a free account that will be valid till July 31, 2023, and access game previews, highlights, NFL Network live, etc.
- Pro Plan: $127.99 until July 31, 2022. You can access all the 270+ games live.
To subscribe to NFL Game Pass, visit its official website.
Can you Watch NFL on Roku
Yes, you can watch NFL on Roku. Since NFL is on the Roku channel store, it will be easy to install the app. Also, the following steps will guide you through adding the NFL channel on Roku.
1. Select the Streaming Channels option on the home page.
3. Next, choose the Search Channels option.
4. Use your Roku TV remote to enter on the on-screen keyboard as NFL and search for it.
5. Pick the NFL channel from the suggestions and click Add Channel button.
6. Now, the installation process will start for the NFL channel.
7. Once the installation is complete, select the OK button from the prompt.
8. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the NFL app.
How to Activate NFL on Roku
1. Launch the NFL channel and make a note of the activation code displayed on the screen.
2. If you don’t get the activation code on the screen, select the Log In or Sign In button to get one.
3. Next, on a web browser, visit the activation webpage of NFL: https://www.nfl.com/activate/.
4. Enter the activation code in the required field and click on the Continue button.
5. Sign in with the NFL Game Pass subscription account and activate the NFL app.
6. Go back to the NFL app and stream your favorite football games.
How to Screen Mirror NFL to Roku
The NFL app is also made available for Android or iOS devices. As Roku supports screen mirroring, you can just mirror your favorite football games from the NFL app on your Android or iOS devices to Roku.
From Android Devices
1. From the Google Play Store, install the NFL app.
2. Next, connect your Roku and Android device to the same wifi network.
3. After that, launch the Notification Panel on your Android device.
4. Tap on the Cast icon and choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, launch the NFL app and sign in to your account.
6. Play any of the sports content and mirror them to Roku.
From iOS Devices
To mirror the NFL app from iOS devices, you need to enable AirPlay on Roku.
1. Get the NFL app from the App Store.
2. After installation, launch the NFL app and sign in with your account.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. After that, select your Roku device from the available devices list.
Note: You must have connected your Roku and iOS device to the same wifi network. Otherwise, your Roku device will not be visible on the available device list.
5. After that, go back to the NFL app and mirror your favorite sports content to Roku.
Connect your PC to the same wifi network as Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Visit the official website of the NFL on any PC browser.
2. Click on the Watch Games tab from the upper right corner.
3. After that, sign in with your NFL game pass account.
4. Choose the NFL game you want and play it.
5. On your keyboard, press the Windows + K keys and choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Now, return to the NFL website and mirror your favorite NFL games to Roku TV.
How to Watch NFL Games on Roku using Live TV Service Providers
The NFL games will stream on FOX, ESPN, CBS, ABC, NFL Network, and NBC. So, instead of getting a subscription to all of these cable TV channels, you can subscribe to streaming services to get all of these channels in one place.
Hulu is one of the top live TV service providers in the US. In addition, you can subscribe to the Hulu+Live TV plan at $69.99 per month to get all the live TV channels that stream the NFL games. Upon subscription, you will also receive unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite NFL games.
With the basic subscription plan of DirecTV Stream’s Entertainment plan at $69.99 per month, you will get live TV channels like ESPN, CBS, FOX, ABC, and NBC. So, you can stream the NFL games easily. Like Hulu, you will also get unlimited cloud DVR storage with DirecTV Stream to record your favorite football games.
With the basic plan of fuboTV at $69.99 per month, you can get 100+ live TV channels, including all the channels that stream the NFL games. For new subscribers, you will receive a 7-day free trial to access fuboTV. In addition to the subscription, you will receive 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows.
YouTube TV is one of the streaming services that offer unlimited cloud DVR storage. Moreover, you can subscribe to YouTube TV at $64.99 per month and get 70+ live TV channels included with all the necessary channels to stream the NFL games. Moreover, every new subscriber will get 14 day free trial.
You can get the USTVGO platform to stream NFL games on Roku free of cost.
Yes, you can stream NFL Games on Roku with Amazon Prime Video.
Check if you have a valid subscription to NFL and restart your Roku to fix the issue.