Get access to the thought-provoking videos on Kanopy. It is the best on-demand streaming platform for enriching entertainment. Kanopy has got a massive library with 30,000+ films, and you can watch all the content on-demand. It is an ad and commercial-free service to stream classic and critically acclaimed movies for free with a participating library. The app’s catalog includes thousands of award-winning films and documentaries. The range of devices it works with includes Android, iOS, smart TVs, Roku, Firestick, and many more. For now, let us see how to access Kanopy on Roku.
Highlights of Kanopy
Kanopy has got wonderful features, which include:
- It offers extraordinary content like educational videos, independent films, foreign films, classic cinema, etc.
- The users can also access engaging children’s programs on Kanopy Kids.
- The app releases new titles every month, and you shall stay up-to-date with the latest content.
- Get insights about other cultures, perspectives, beliefs, and festive favorites.
- Easily access your favorite videos by adding tracks to the My Lists.
- Kanopy offers content in different genres, such as Drama, Comedy, Horror, Music, etc.
- You can easily browse and discover new videos on Kanopy.
What’s on Kanopy
The enriching contents of Kanopy are:
- Lady Bird
- Captain Fantastic
- Eighth Grade
- Leave No Trace
- The Bookshop
- 20th Century Women
- Echo in the Canyon
- The Florida Project
How to Create an Account on Kanopy
You need to create a Kanopy Account with your participating library to stream it on Roku.
(1) Visit the official website of Kanopy from your mobile/PC browser (https://www.kanopy.com/)
(2) Press the Add Library Card button on the web page.
(3) Enter the details of your Library card number and Password.
(4) Now, Login with your email and password to complete the process.
How to Add Kanopy on Roku?
Roku Channel Store officially supports the Kanopy channel. Hence, you can add it easily on your Roku device.
1. Connect your Roku device to the HDMI port of the smart TV. Check if it has internet or Wi-Fi access.
2. Press the Home button on the remote. The Roku Homepage gets displayed on your TV screen.
3. Tap the Streaming Channels from the available menus.
4. Swipe down and press the Search Channels button.
5. Search for Kanopy by entering the app name using the on-screen keys. Select the app when you get the search result.
6. Hit the Add Channel button on the Kanopy app page.
7. After the installation gets over, click the OK option.
Alternative Method – Add Kanopy to Roku from the Web
1. Open a web browser and visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Next, sign in with your Roku device’s account credentials.
3. Use the Search box to search for the Kanopy channel.
4. Choose Kanopy from the Search results.
5. Click on the Add Channel button.
The Kanopy channel will now be added to your device within 24 hours.
Note: Update Roku to get the Kanopy channel on your channels lists immediately.
How to Activate Kanopy on Roku
Now, you need to link the Kanopy Account on your Roku device.
1. Open the Kanopy channel on your Roku.
2. Now, the Activation code gets displayed on the TV screen. If you can’t see the activation
3. Open a web browser and head over to the https://www.kanopy.com/link.
4. Log in to your account and paste the Activation key on the respective field. Next, click on Submit.
5. When the homepage of Kanopy appears, choose a video.
6. Press the Play button to start streaming.
Alternatives to Kanopy
Kanopy on Roku is a streaming service that offers its content only to the users of public libraries for free. The content on Kanopy includes popular movies and TV shows.
Kanopy is absolutely free for users who have a public library membership.