Roku has plenty of interesting channels in the Channel Store with more content than you can ask for. Roku has everything from Netflix to binge-watch your favorite series to fuboTV with exciting sports channels. These channels stream their titles and ads that interrupt your streaming. Some apps have premium subscriptions that will remove ads, while a few others rely entirely on ads. If you wish to get rid of these ads on your Roku device, you need to be aware of a few things. Let’s discuss the same and find out how to block the commercials on Roku.
How to Block Commercials on Roku?
Roku needs to stream ads to earn money. Therefore, they have created these ads in a way we can’t stop them. However, one can reduce the functionalities of these ads on Roku. So let’s discuss the same.
How to Limit Ad Tracking?
As you know, the ads that you get on your device depend on your interests. This is possible by tracking your activities on Roku. You can turn off this tracking as follows.
1. Press the Home button on your remote to launch the home screen and open the Roku Settings.
2. Select the Advertising option in the Settings menu under Privacy.
3. Finally, click on the Limit ad tracking option to limit ads based on your interests.
How to Remove Pop-up Ads?
In most cases, the ads follow one another on Roku, making it hard to use the device. However, because of the Roku pop-up ads, you can turn them off quickly. Follow these instructions carefully.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote and open the Roku home screen,
2. Open the Roku Settings menu from the home screen.
3. Select the Privacy option and then the Smart TV Experience option.
4. Finally, check the box next to the Use info from the TV inputs option.
How to Block Ads on Roku From the Router?
The following method will help you remove ads from the Roku home screen and the YouTube app. Still, don’t expect all the Roku device ads will be removed.
1. Firstly, open the Router-R6 and click on the Advanced option.
2. Next, select the Security option.
3. On the next menu, click on Block Sites Containing These keywords or Domain Name.
5. Choose the Enterprise Advertising & Analytics Solution option and block it.
6. Finally, Restart your Roku device so that the changes made are effective on it.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t block all the ads streaming on your Roku device. In addition, Roku doesn’t support ad-blockers. However, you can make changes to Roku ad-functionalities.
The ads on Amazon Prime Video will make you familiar with the newest releases on the platforms that you will find interesting.
The ad-free subscription trial on Hulu will cost you only $12.99 per month.