Roku has an intuitive user interface that helps its users to navigate easily to stream their favorite movies or TV shows. Also, the users can easily add channels on Roku as well. But as the intuitive User interface has some advantages, there are some disadvantages as there will be some ads played while you navigate through Roku. Eventually, the ads may be disturbing for many Roku users. So, if you want to remove the commercials on Roku, there are a lot of ways to do that.
How to Block Commercials on Roku?
Roku needs to stream ads to earn money. Therefore, they have created these ads in a way we can’t stop them. However, one can reduce the functionalities of these ads on Roku, and there are three ways to do that. They are:
- Limit Ad Tracking
- Remove Pop-Up Ads
- Block Ads using Router
Limit Ad Tracking and Block Ads on Roku
As you know, the ads that you get on your device depend on your interests. This is possible by tracking your activities on Roku. You can turn off this tracking as follows.
1. Press the Home button on your remote to launch the home screen and open the Roku Settings.
2. Select the Advertising option in the Settings menu under Privacy.
3. Finally, click on the Limit ad tracking option to limit ads based on your interests.
Remove Pop-Up Ads
In most cases, the ads follow one another on Roku, making it hard to use the device. However, because of the Roku pop-up ads, you can turn them off quickly. Follow these instructions carefully.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote and open the Roku home screen,
2. Open the Roku Settings menu from the home screen.
3. Select the Privacy option and then the Smart TV Experience option.
4. Finally, check the box next to the Use info from TV inputs option.
Block Ads on Roku Using Router
The following method will help you remove ads from the Roku home screen and the YouTube app. Still, don’t expect all the Roku device ads will be removed.
1. Firstly, open the Router-R6 and click on the Advanced option.
2. Next, select the Security option.
3. On the next menu, click on Block Sites Containing These keywords or Domain Name.
5. Choose the Enterprise Advertising & Analytics Solution option and block it.
6. Finally, Restart your Roku device so that the changes made are effective on it.
So, with all of these methods, you can block commercials running on your Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t block all the ads streaming on your Roku device. In addition, Roku doesn’t support ad-blockers. However, you can make changes to Roku ad-functionalities.
The ads on Amazon Prime Video will make you familiar with the newest releases on the platforms that you will find interesting.
The ad-free subscription trial on Hulu will cost you only $12.99 per month.