BritBox is a subscription-based streaming service that is compatible with multiple devices. It offers several popular British shows and content, including comedy, drama, movies, and documentaries. BritBox had been planning on providing exclusive original content sooner for their subscribers. Though a popular streaming platform, Roku users have reported BritBox not working issues frequently. So, we can try reliable troubleshooting methods to fix the issue yourself.
Why BritBox is Not Working on Roku
There can be multiple reasons that can interfere with the BritBox from working normally. It can be due to a glitch in the Roku device or if the BritBox app is not up-to-date. These issues can be rectified by using the below-listed fixes.
Methods to Fix BritBox Not Working Issue
1. Check Internet Connection
2. Restart Roku
3. Update the BritBox
4. Clear cache on Roku
5. Uninstall and reinstall the BritBox app
6. Power cycle the Roku
There aren’t any specific reasons that would cause the issue. So, as we experience any problem, we might have to check on all the factors to identify and fix the issue and prevent it from happening again.
Check Internet Connection
Internet connection may be the reason for the issue that takes place. While using BritBox, ensure that your Roku device needs a strong internet connection. If your device does not have a sufficient connection, change your wi-fi to another network. Or discard the power cord and reconnect it after a few minutes. Thus fixing of theinternet connection will also help BritBox to work on the Roku device.
Restart the Roku
Restarting the Roku device will help you to fix the issues on BritBox by removing the internal glitches casued by the apps running in the background.
1. Move to the Home screen on your Roku device.
2. Select the Settings option from the menu.
3. Then, click on the System option.
4. Now, press the System Restart option.
5. Choose the Restart option.
Once the process gets over, your system gets restarted, then check if the BritBox issue has been fixed.
Update the BritBox
Updating the BritBox app also helps solve the issues and helps the device work smoothly on the latest firmware. But, most importantly, it fixes all the existing errors on the application.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Then, click on the right arrow button.
3. Select the BritBox app from the channel’s list.
4. Press the Asterisk (*) button, and select the Check for Updates option.
5. If any updates are available, then the BritBox app will start the updation process.
6. Finally, check whether the issue has been fixed and the BritBox app is works fine on Roku.
Clear Cache on Roku
Another way of fixing the issues is clearing the cache on your Roku device. As the temporary files can prevent the Roku from functioning normally. You can clear the cache on your Roku device by the following steps,
1. Press the Home button 5 times.
2. Then, click on the Up Arrow button on the remote.
3. Press the Rewind button 2 times.
4. Now, tap the Fast forward 2 times.
5. Wait for 15 to 30 seconds, and the cache gets cleared on your Roku device.
Uninstall and Reinstall the BritBox App
While facing this issue, you can uninstall or delete the app from the Roku device. Wait for a few minutes, move to the channel store, and search for the BritBox app. Then, install the app again; now, the BritBox will be running on its default settings, so you can check if the BritBox app not working issue is fixed.
Power Cycle the Roku
Suppose none of the above-mentioned steps worked for you. Then you can try to power cycle the Roku device. All you have to do is to unplug the power cord from the socket and all wires connected to the device. Wait for 5-10 minutes and reconnect all the cables back to the device. Make sure that the connection is made to the correct port. Turn on your Roku device, open the BritBox app on Roku device, and check if the BritBox app is working fine.
The BritBox subscription would cost $6.99 monthly and $69.99 annually.
Upto four users can use the BritBox account simultaneously.