BritBox is a streaming app for on-demand content and it is a joint venture of BBC and ITV. It has a great collection of British content including classic films. The Popular shows on BritBox are Midsomer Murders, Vera, Shetland, A Confession, Father Brown, etc. It is compatible with Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, and Fire TV. You can easily install BritBox on Roku since it is available for free in the Roku Channel Store. Let’s look into the steps to watch BritBox on Roku.
Features of BritBox
- BritBox offers content from both BBC and ITV. It also has content from channel 4, channel 5, and Comedy central.
- It has a collection of 300+ titles of movies and shows. Britbox also has the famous Doctor Who series with complete 12 seasons.
- It has old classic movies of detective drama, comedy, mystery, romance. They also provide a good number of reality shows and documentaries.
- It premieres shows after 24 hours of UK broadcast in the Now category.
- It offers small amount of original contents and the popular series are Will Bill, Confession, There She goes and Isolation stories.
Pricing of BritBox Subscription
The BritBox is a paid subscription service and it costs $6.99 per month. The subscription has no Ads, no commitments and thereby you can cancel it anytime. It has an annual subscription with a reduced price of $69.99 per year. It also has a free trial for 7 days.
Steps to Add BritBox on Roku
1. Connect the Roku device to the HDMI port of TV and launch Roku.
2. Press the Home button in the remote and select Streaming Channels by scrolling down on the home screen.
3. Scroll down and select Search Channels in the Channel Store.
4. Type BritBox using remote and select from the options.
5. Select Add Channel to install the app and click OK in the prompt.
Steps to Activate BritBox on Roku
1. Search for BritBox on Roku by scrolling in the Home screen.
2. Once the app is found, select the app to launch it on Roku.
3. An activation code appears on the screen. Make a note of it.
4. Go to the BritBox site and enter the activation code. Select Activate.
5. Log in to your account to activate BritBox on Roku and start streaming your favorite content.
The above steps will guide you in watching BritBox on Roku. BritBox is in its early stage, and thereby, the content library is frequently updated. It is the best choice for streaming British classics, dramas, comedies, lifestyle shows, and historic broadcasts. If you have any queries in following the above steps, please mention them in the comments.
1. Is BritBox free on Roku?
BritBox is available for free in the channel store and it requires a subscription for streaming contents.
2. How do I add BritBox on Roku?
You can add BritBox on Roku by selecting add channel in the Roku Channel Store and you can follow the above steps for easy installation of BritBox.
3. How much does BritBox cost per month?
BritBox costs $6.99 per month and its annual subscription costs $69.99 per year. It has 7 days free trial to evaluate the service.