To watch popular TV shows like Graham Norton Show, Doctor Who, Orphan Black, and many more, you can go for BBC America. If you are a Roku user, you can install the BBC America app from the Channel Store. The streaming service offers movies, TV shows, Originals, and more in its content library. BBC America is not a standalone streaming service; you need a cable TV subscription to access all the video content.
- BBC America offers TV Shows, Documentaries, and on-demand content in its package.
- The TV series of the channels is available in 1080p HD streaming quality.
- The channel offers the Catchup feature.
- BBC America is available on Play Store and App Store for streaming.
- It supports AirPlay and Chromecast features.
BBC America is free on Roku with a TV Provider subscription. It supports many TV providers, like AT&T U-Verse, Dish, Cox, DirecTV, Spectrum, Optimum, and Verizon.
How to Install BBC America on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for BBC America in Roku Channel Store.
4. Click Add Channel to install the app on your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch BBC America on Roku.
How to Add BBC America from Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter BBC America in search of the Roku Channel Store.
3. Click Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update the Roku device to get it immediately.
How to Activate BBC America on Roku
1. Launch the BBC America app and select Login to get Activation Code.
2. Go to the BBC America Activation website on your Smartphone or PC.
3. Enter the Activation Code and tap on the Submit button.
4. Log in to your TV Provider subscription to complete the activation.
5. Now, go to BBC America on Roku to stream the content.
In addition to direct installation, you can also screen mirror the BBC America app from Android and iOS devices.
Screen Mirror BBC America on Roku from Android
Before proceeding further, you have to enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku and turn on the feature.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install BBC America on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the BBC America app and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
How to Stream BBC America on Roku Without Cable
Live TV streaming services are the perfect option to watch BBC America on Roku without cable. BBC America is available for streaming on Philo, Sling TV, and YouTube TV.
Philo is one of the best streaming services that offer the BBC America channel in its channel package. You can also stream 70+ channels using Philo on Roku TV. It provides unlimited Cloud DVR storage to record BBC America and other channels to watch offline. You can stream BBC America for a subscription of $25 per month.
Sling TV on Roku is one of the best choices for watching the BBC America channel without cable. You can also stream 50+ channels using the Sling TV subscription. It provides 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage to record BBC America and other content to watch offline. You can also increase the DVR space by paying $5 extra with your subscription. You can stream BBC America on Sling TV for a subscription of $30 per month.
Website: Sling TV
YouTube TV is one of the best streaming services that offer the BBC America channel in its subscription. You can also stream 100+ TV using YouTube TV on Roku. The service offers unlimited Cloud DVR storage to record BBC America TV series to watch it offline. You can stream BBC America on YouTube TV for a subscription of $72.99 per month.
Website: YouTube TV
BBC America Not Working on Roku
If BBC America is not working on your Roku device, you can easily fix this issue with simple troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Restart the Roku device.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Uninstall the app and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- Clear the cache files on Roku and try again.
- As a last fix, contact customer support to get the apt fix.
Yes, Xfinity includes BBC America and other popular channels in its content library. By installing the Xfinity Stream on Roku, you can watch BBC America’s video content.
Yes, BBC America has Closed Captioning for all the contents in the app.