VUDU is a subscription-free platform that allows you to purchase or rent your favorite movies. Also, you can stream your favorite movies free with ads. You also have the option to download your favorites to watch them offline. Moreover, unlike other streaming services like Hulu and Netflix, you only have to pay for what you want to watch on VUDU. Even you can get the services of VUDU on Roku as it is available on the Channel Store.
Features of VUDU
The fantastic features of VUDU are listed down.
Excellent Streaming Effects – You can cast the videos with stunning clarity as most of its content has HD quality. The audio effect is also amazing, and you can pick 4K UHD, Dolby Vision HDR, or Dolby Atmos for better streaming experiences.
Enjoy Offline Videos – This app allows you to download your favorite video content and enjoy them offline or later. This option helps you to watch videos without any buffering.
Favorite List – You can add your favorite movies or TV shows to the watchlist. So, it will be easy for you to access and watch them whenever you want.
Supportable Devices – VUDU is compatible with many popular models of devices, namely Android, iOS, smart TVs, streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, etc.
Can you Get VUDU on Roku
Yes, you can get the VUDU app on Roku, as it is available on the Roku Channel. Moreover, the adding process is simple, as you can find the app on the channel store.
How Much is VUDU on Roku
You can navigate through the VUDU app for free. But to access its content, you need to purchase or rent a specific movie or TV show. However, you can access some content on the VUDU app for free with ad support.
How to Get VUDU on Roku
1. Navigate to the Streaming Channels option from the Roku home screen.
2. Next, click on the Search Channels option.
4. Now, you can see a virtual keyboard on the screen. From there, use your Roku remote to enter and search for the VUDU.
5. Pick VUDU from the search result, and the app info page will appear.
6. Select the Add Channel button, and the adding process for the app will start.
7. You will be notified once the adding process for VUDU is successful.
8. After that, select the OK button from the prompt.
9. On the next screen, select the Go to Channel option to launch the VUDU channel.
How to Activate VUDU on Roku
1. Once you launch the VUDU app, you can see an activation code displayed on the screen. Note the activation code down.
2. If you can’t see the activation code on the screen, select the Log In or Sign In button to generate one.
3. After that, go to a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
4. Get to the activation webpage of VUDU: https://www.vudu.com/start.
5. Enter the activation code you see on your TV and click on the Log In button.
6. Now, enter your subscription credentials and activate the VUDU app.
7. Go back to the VUDU app and start to stream your favorite movies and TV shows.
Note: If you found that the VUDU app is not working, you can Restart Roku to fix the issue.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror VUDU to Roku
The official VUDU app can be found on the Google Play Store and App Store of your Android and iOS devices. So, you can use these devices to mirror the VUDU app to Roku. For that, you need to satisfy the following prerequisites.
1. Enable the screen mirroring on Roku to allow the mirroring of Android devices like smartphones and tablets.
2. Turn on the AirPlay feature on Roku. Then, you can mirror your iOS devices like iPhones and iPad to Roku.
Screen Mirror VUDU to Roku from Android Devices
Connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below.
1. Open the Google Play Store and install the VUDU app.
VUDU Download Link – Google Play Store
2. Then, go to the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
3. Now, choose your Roku device.
4. Next, launch the VUDU app and sign in to your account.
5. Play your favorites and mirror them to Roku.
Screen Mirror VUDU to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Initially, connect your Roku and iOS device to the same wifi network.
2. Next, go to the App Store on your iOS device and install the VUDU app.
VUDU Download Link – App Store
3. Then, open the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, launch the VUDU app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, rent or buy movies or TV shows and watch them on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror VUDU to Roku from PC
1. Open a web browser on your PC and visit the official website of the VUDU.
2. Then, sign in to your account.
3. Don’t forget to connect your Roku to the same wifi network as same as your PC.
4. Then, choose any of your favorite movies or TV series and rent or buy them.
5. Next, play the purchased content from VUDU.
6. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
7. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
8. Finally, the purchased content from VUDU will play on your Roku TV.