VUDU on Roku is the right platform to stream thousands of movies and your favorite TV shows for rent or free. Unlike Netflix or Prime Video, Vudu is a subscription-free video streaming application. You can purchase or rent your favorite content, and this app offers movies from classics to new releases. This app is independent of updating its new content. It lets you enjoy the different genres and exclusive VUDU originals. VUDU is suitable for people of all ages, and in short, it has something for everyone. With VUDU, you get the option to watch shows and movies hitting other streaming services. In addition, you can watch the best free classic movies on Roku with the VUDU platform. Also, the below article gives information about how to stream VUDU on Roku.
Features of VUDU
The fantastic features of VUDU are listed down.
Excellent Streaming Effects – You can cast the videos with stunning clarity as most of its content has HD quality. The audio effect is also amazing, and you can pick 4K UHD, Dolby Vision HDR, or Dolby Atmos for better streaming experiences.
Enjoy Offline Videos – This app allows you to download your favorite video content and enjoy them offline or later. This option helps you to watch videos without any buffering.
Favorite List – You can add your favorite movies or TV shows to the watchlist. So, it will be easy for you to access and watch them whenever you want.
Supportable Devices – VUDU is compatible with many popular models of devices, namely Android, iOS, smart TVs, streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, etc.
How Much is VUDU on Roku
You don’t need a subscription to access the VUDU app. However, to get your favorites via VUDU, you must buy or rent movies. The price range of renting or buying movies is around $1.99 to $24.99.
Popular Content of VUDU
The most popular contents of VUDU are mentioned below:
- The King of Staten Island
- Just Mercy
- Doctor Sleep
- The Wolf of Wall Street
- The Big Shot
- The Good Place
- Modern Family
- Walking Dead
- Criminal Minds
- Friday Night Lights
How to Add VUDU on Roku?
VUDU is officially present on Roku Channel Store, so you can easily add this app to Roku. Observe the down section to learn how to add VUDU on Roku.
1. Connect the Roku device to your smart TV.
2. Press the Roku TV remote’s Home button to get to the Home page.
3. Navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
4. Click on the Search Channels button. Next, enter and search for VUDU.
4. Pick the VUDU app from the search result, and the app page will appear.
5. Tap the Add Channel button and press OK once the installation is done.
How to Activate VUDU on Roku
Note the below tutorial to know how to activate VUDU on Roku.
1. Launch the installed VUDU app on your device.
2. Tap the Activate your device option on the screen.
3. Paste the upcoming URL in any browser on another device – (vudu.com/content/redeem)
4. Enter the VUDU code on the website page displayed on the screen.
5. Complete the sign-in process by furnishing the required details.
6. You will get the homepage of VUDU once it is done.
7. Select any movie or TV show and start streaming.
Related: How to Get Ring App on Roku TV
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror VUDU to Roku
You can screen mirror the VUDU app to Roku by following the steps below.
NOTE: To initiate the screen mirroring on Roku, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode. Then, choose the Prompt or Allways Allow option to enable the screen mirroring on your streaming device.
Screen Mirror VUDU from Android Smartphone
Connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Open the Google Play Store and install the VUDU app.
VUDU Download Link – Google Play Store
2. Then, go to the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
3. Now, choose your Roku device.
4. Next, launch the VUDU app and sign in to your account.
5. Finally, the VUDU app will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror VUDU from iOS Smartphone
Update both your Roku device and iOS Smartphone to the latest version and follow the steps below.
1. Initially connect your Roku device and iOS Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Next, go to the App Store on your iOS Smartphone and install the VUDU app.
VUDU Download Link – App Store
3. Then, open the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, launch the VUDU app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, rent or buy movies or TV shows and watch them on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror VUDU from PC
You can follow the steps below to screen mirror the web version of the VUDU platform from PC to streaming device.
1. Open a web browser on your PC and visit the official website of the VUDU.
2. Then, sign in to your account.
3. Don’t forget to connect your Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network as same as your PC.
4. Then, choose any of your favorite movies or TV series and rent or buy them.
5. Next, play the purchased content from VUDU.
6. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
7. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
8. Finally, the purchased content from VUDU will play on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, VUDU is available in the Channel Store.
You need to clear the Cache on Roku and Restart Roku to fix the issue.