Viki on Roku creates no boundaries for great entertainment. You can easily stream global channels in one place through Viki. It allows you to watch TV shows, movies, documentaries, and much more. The streaming service offers both free and subscription versions. You can access this service on the app as well as on the web. With its paid version, you could enjoy HD content with no ads. It has got an ever-growing collection of Asian dramas, series, etc.
- You can watch award-winning Korean dramas, Mainland Chinese Dramas, Taiwanese Dramas, Japanese Dramas, films, shows, and so on.
- It lets you access thousands of subtitled Asian TV content and translated content into more than 160 languages.
- Create a playlist or Watchlist to add your favorites for easy access.
- It is compatible with many different streaming players and TVs like Roku, Firestick, Android TV, Apple TV, and Google Chromecast.
- You can add reviews and rate the video after you watch it. Also, view the ratings to select a movie or show to stream.
Pricing of Viki
There are two different pricing of Viki Pass available to stream in HD quality with no ads.
- Basic Plan – $0.99 a month/$9.99 a year (7 days free trial)
- Standard Plan – $4.99 a month/49.99 a year (7 days free trial)
Catch-up with Viki
Some of the award-winning Asian dramas and movies to watch on Viki are listed down.
- Hotel Del Luna
- What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?
- Tale of the Nine-Tailed
- Boys Over Flowers
- Princess Agents
- In Time With You
- The Beauty Inside
- Behind Your Smile
- Descendants of the Sun
How to Add Viki Channel on Roku?
The installation of the Viki channel on Roku is simple. It has dedicated channel support on Roku Channel Store, and the steps are as follows.
1. You will get the Roku Homepage once the Roku is connected to your TV and Wi-Fi.
2. Tap the Streaming Channels option in the main menu
3. Hit the Search Channels button from the left pane.
4. Search for Viki and choose the same from the suggestions that appear below.
5. Hit the Add Channel button on the Viki app info page.
6. Wait for the installation to get over, and then tap the OK button.
7. Next, choose the Go to Channel button to launch the Viki app.
Alternative Method to Add Viki on Roku
With the Roku Mobile app, you can easily download channels on Roku.
1. Install the Roku app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Next, launch the Roku app after installation.
3. Use your Roku account credentials to sign in to your account.
4. Then, click on the Devices tab from the bottom of the screen.
5. Select your Roku device that appears on the screen.
6. After your Roku device is connected with the Roku app, select the Channels tab.
7. Next, hit the Channel Store tab.
8. Search for the Viki app. Next, choose the Viki app from the search results.
9. Select the Add Channel button, and the Viki app will be added to Roku in 24 hours.
Tip: You can update Roku to get the Viki app added to your channel’s list immediately.
How to Activate Viki on Roku
You need to create a Viki account to begin the service. Just follow these simple steps.
1. Launch the Viki app on Roku, and you will get an activation code. If not, select the Login In or Sign In button to generate an activation code.
2. Make a note of the activation code as shown on the Roku.
3. Visit https://www.viki.com/roku from your phone or PC browser.
4. Hit the Create Account button at the top-right corner. Provide the G-mail and password to create an account.
- If you already have an account, click the Login button to log in with your existing account.
5. When prompted, enter the activation code. You will get the Viki homepage on the TV screen when the activation is successful.
6. Choose a movie or show from the content library to stream it on the Roku.
How to Troubleshoot Viki Not Working Issue on Roku
Sometimes due to some unavoidable circumstances, there might be some streaming issues on the Viki app. If this is the case for you, the following guidelines will help you with that.
1. You need a stable internet connection to stream on the Viki app. So, check the internet speed on Roku.
2. If the problem is not with your internet speed, restart your router.
3. Make sure you are using the updated version of the Viki app.
4. Check for any server issue on the Viki app via Downdetector.
5. Cache build-up may have caused the content loading time slow. So, clear cache on Roku and check if the issues on the Viki app are resolved.
6. Uninstall the Viki app and install it again.
7. As a temporary fix, you can restart Roku to fix the issues on the Viki app.
How to Remove Viki on Roku
If you are no longer interested in Streaming on the Viki platform, you can follow the steps below to delete the channel on Roku.
1. Go to your Roku home screen.
2. Next, on your remote, press the Right Arrow button on your remote.
3. From the list of channels available, select Viki.
4. Next, hit the Asterisk button on your remote.
5. Then, choose the Remove Channel option.
6. Finally, the Viki channel will be removed on Roku.
Yes, you can stream some content on the Viki platform free with ads.
Yes, Viki is a legal platform for watching Korean movies and TV shows.