Redbox is a streaming app that offers thousands of free movies and Live TV channels. It is the best platform to stream your favorite episodes, TV shows, and films without any subscription plans. You can also stream channels like TMZ, USA Today, FailArmy, and many more. It allows you to watch on-demand content. This app is available for various devices such as smartphones, tablets, PC, laptops, smart TVs, and other streaming devices like Roku. You can enjoy streaming Redbox on Roku devices without any issues, and let us see how to do it.
Features of Redbox
Some of the splendid features of Redbox are mentioned below.
Purchase the content
You can get the new release movies and catch up on the latest TV shows with the two options. One is renting the content for $1.99 for up to 30 days, and the other is buying the content for permanent streaming.
Get the Offline Videos
It allows you to download the Movies & TV Shows from the library and enjoy watching them offline or later. You can also stream on-demand content. Hence, you can cast films anywhere, anytime on the go.
Add your Wish List
Browse and add the upcoming new release movies to the Wish List and get notified by the app. Thus, you can get the latest movies in no time.
How to Get Redbox on Roku?
As Redbox is officially available on the Roku Channel Store, it is easy to get the app on Roku. Just note the down steps.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to get to the home page.
2. Tap the Streaming Channels option.
3. Then, hit the Search Channels option.
4. Search for Redbox using the virtual keyboard and pick the app from the suggestions.
5. Now, you will be redirected to the channel info page.
6. Click the Add Channel button, and the Redbox channel will add to your Roku device or TV.
7. Press the OK button once the app is added.
8. Tap the Go to channel option to launch the app.
Alternative Method – Add Redbox to Roku
With the Roku Mobile app installed on your smartphones, you can easily add a Redbox channel to your smartphone.
2. Once the Roku Mobile app is installed, launch it.
3. Sign in to your Roku account if required.
4. Next, on the bottom left corner, tap the Devices tab.
5. You can now see the list of available devices displayed on the screen.
6. Choose your Roku device displayed on the screen of your Android smartphone.
7. Once your Roku device and the Roku Mobile app have been paired, select the Channels tab.
8. Next, Choose the Channel Store tab.
9. Search for the Redbox channel and choose it from the search result.
10. Next, tap on the Add Channel button to add the Redbox channel.
After that, you can launch the Redbox channel on your Roku from the Channel list.
How to Watch Redbox on Roku
Observe the below steps to start streaming your favorite content of Redbox on Roku.
1. Open the installed Redbox app on your Roku device.
2. Sign in with the login credentials, and you will get the Redbox home screen.
3. Select the Movies or Free Live TV option.
4. Choose any video and start streaming.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror Redbox on Roku
If you have installed the Redbox app on your smartphone, you can use it to mirror the app to your Roku device or TV.
Mirroring Redbox App to Roku from Android Smartphone
Connect your Android smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Redbox app on your Android smartphone. If you haven’t installed the Redbox app, install the app from the Google Play Store.
2. Once you install the Redbox app, launch it and sign in to your account.
3. Pull down the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
4. Next, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Return to the Redbox app and mirror its content to Roku.
Screen Mirror Redbox to Roku from iOS Smartphone
1. Enable the AirPlay on Roku from Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Then, choose the AirPlay option and turn it on.
2. Next, connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network.
3. After that, install the Redbox app from the App Store.
4. Next, launch the Redbox app after installation.
5. Sign in to your Redbox account and pull down the Control Center. Next, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. Then, your Roku device will show up on your iOS Smartphone’s screen; click on your Roku device.
7. Go back to the Redbox app and mirror its content to Roku device or TV.
Log out and log in to Redbox to fix the not working issue on Roku.
Yes, Redbox is free to add from the channel store.