Prime Video is a subscription-based video streaming service founded in 2006 and is a division of Amazon Inc. In the Prime Video’s library, you can find all its original content and all the other popular movies. One Mississippi, The Boys, and Fleabag are some of the original contents on Prime Video. Besides movies and TV shows, Prime Video offers popular channels such as CBS, Comedy Central, and other sports channels. Prime Video is available on every smart device, including Roku. But sometimes due to technical issues and bugs in either the Roku device or the Prime Video can cause disruption of service. As a result, you will get Amazon Prime Video not working on Roku. So, to rectify this issue, we have prepared a guide. So, you can read the below fixes and make use of it.
How to Fix Prime Video Not Working on Roku Issue
You can check out all of these possible methods to troubleshoot Prime Video.
1. Check your Internet Connection
If you found that Prime Video is not working on your Roku device, the problem might be your Unstable internet connection. You need at least 10mbps per second to stream your favorites uninterrupted. So, check your internet speed and make sure you have a stable internet connection.
2. Disconnect your VPN if Connected
You might know the reason to connect to a VPN. The only reason is to protect your privacy and avoid data leaks. Alternatively, you can able to access the geo-restricted contents. But Amazon, on the other hand, will not let you access Prime Video while connecting to a VPN and can only access the content on the Prime Video platform available in your region. So, Disconnect a VPN if your Roku device is connected to any to stream on Prime Video.
3. Update Amazon Prime
Another reason your Amazon Prime Video is not working on your Roku is that you might not have updated your Prime Video app with the latest version. So, follow the steps below to update your Prime Video application on Roku:
1. Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Press the Right button near the Ok button.
3. Now, you can see the list of channels you have installed on your Roku device.
4. Use the navigation buttons on the remote to move between channels.
5. Now, select the Prime Video and press the Asterisk button.
6. Then, select Check for Updates to updates.
7. If any updates are found, your Roku device will update your Prime Video app.
8. Now, you can open the Prime Video app and check if the application is working or not.
4. Update your Roku device
Maybe you’re using an outdated Roku device, and it might be the reason for Prime Video not working on Roku. In other words, the Prime Video is not supported on your Roku device. So, update your Roku device, and see that it fixes the Prime Video not working on the Roku issue. To update your Roku device, you can follow the steps below:
1. Power on both your Roku device and your TV.
2. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Select Settings from the Home Screen.
4. Now, choose System Under Settings.
5. Select System Update > Check Now.
6. Now, your Roku device and check for any latest updates.
7. If any update is found, the Download and Install button will appear on your screen. Click on it to update your Roku device to the latest version.
5. Factory Reset Roku
There can be some errors on your Roku device, which might be the reason for Prime Video is not working on your Roku. You can fix the error on your Roku by yourself by factory resetting your Roku device. Then, your Roku device will return to the state like you have purchased a new device. That means all the settings you have saved and all the channels you have on your Roku device will be removed and reverted to the original state as that of a new Roku device. So, follow the below steps to Factory Reset Roku device.
1. Turn on both your Roku device and your TV.
2. On your Roku remote controller, press the Home button.
3. Select Settings > System > Advanced System Settings.
4. Select Factory Reset.
5. A security code will be displayed on the bottom right side of your screen.
6. Enter the code and select OK to Factory Reset your Roku device.
7. Then, all the accounts, data, and channels will be removed from your Roku device.
8. Now, you can install the Prime Videos on your Roku device to check if the fix worked.
6. Contact the Customer Support
Other Common Fixes to Amazon Prime Video
The following are some of the other possible fixes that you can try to fix the errors on the Amazon Prime Video.
1. Restart your Roku device
Restarting your Roku device will always help you to fix all the internal issues with your Roku device, and this may also help you to solve the issues with the Amazon Prime Video.
1. Go to the Settings on the Roku home screen.
2. Then, choose the System option.
3. Navigate to System Restart and select it.
4. After that, choose the Restart option.
Finally, your Roku device will turn off and turn on automatically.
2. Sign out of the Prime Video and Sign In Again
There is also a chance that a glitch was caused while you signed in with your Amazon Prime Video account. But it will be only a temporary issue. However, the issue will be resolved as soon as possible. But if you like to fix the issue immediately, you need to sign out of the Amazon Prime Video channel and sign in back again.
3. Check for the Validity of Your Prime Video Membership
Another reason that we can find why the Amazon Prime Video is not working is that your subscription might have expired. And you may not have noticed this issue. So, check if you have a valid subscription to Amazon Prime Video. If not, renew your subscription. Then, you can start streaming on the Amazon Prime Video limitless.
4. Re-Install Amazon Prime Video
After following the steps above, if you couldn’t fix the Amazon Prime Video not working issue, delete the channel on Roku. To do that, you can follow the steps below.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote. Then, press the Right Arrow button.
2. Navigate to the Amazon Prime Video and press the Asterisk button on your remote.
3. Next, choose the Remove Channel option.
Finally, the Amazon Prime Video will be removed from your Roku. Then, you can read the Amazon Prime Video on Roku from the channel store.
That’s all. These are all the possible fixes for your Roku device to get back on track to stream on Prime Video. Now, after reading this article, you can try these same methods, and these will do the trick for Prime Video to start working again.
Frequently Asked Question
Amazon Prime Video is compatible with Roku device models such as Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, and Roku Ultra.
There may be any technical issue on either side of your Roku device or Prime Video.
Your internet connection may be unstable because you need a stable internet connection to stream Prime video seamlessly.