The Google Photos app comes-defaultly installed on most Android devices like smartphones and tablets. Here, you can find all the images and video files stored on your device. Also, you can take a backup of your most important files as well. Moreover, there are a lot of possible ways to get Google Photos on Roku.
Steps to Get Google Photos on Roku
There official Google Photos app is unavailable on the Channel Store. But you can use third-party apps like PhotoView to recover the image and video files from your Google Account.
Add PhotoView on Roku and View Google Photos
1. Get to the Roku home screen and select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Scroll down and select the Search Channels option.
4. Search for PhotoView for Google Photos and choose it from the search suggestions.
5. Select the Add Channel button to download the app.
6. After downloading the app, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the PhotoView for Google Photos.
How to Use PhotoView for Google Photos
1. Launch the PhotoView for Google Photos app.
2. Note the activation code displayed on your TV screen.
3. Then, visit the link displayed on your TV screen (https://www.photoviewapp.com/link/) to connect with your Google Account.
4. Enter the authentication code and click on the Link Device button.
5. Now, sign in with your Google account to connect with the PhotoView for Google Photos app.
6. After that, the PhotoView for the Google Photos app will refresh.
7. You can now get access to the images you have saved on the Google Photos app.
How to Get Google Photos on Roku by Screen Mirroring
The Google Photos app is available for your Android and iOS devices. So, with these devices, you can mirror the Google Photos app to your Roku.
- Go to your Roku Settings and enable the screen mirroring mode.
- Move to the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings and enable the AirPlay feature.
Screen Mirror Google Photos to Roku from Android Devices
Connect your Android device to the WiFi network as same as your Roku device. Next, you need to follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Google Photos app on your Android device. If you haven’t installed the app, you can get the app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. Then, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
4. Now, launch the Google Photos app and sign in with your Google Account.
5. Finally, you can choose any photos to watch on your TV.
Screen Mirror Google Photos to Roku from iOS Devices
Connect your iOS device to the same wifi network as Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Find and launch the Google Photos app from your iOS device. If you can’t find the Google Photos app, you can install the app from the App Store.
2. Next, go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
3. Now, choose your Roku device.
4. Finally, launch the Google Photos app.
5. Sign in with your Google Account credentials.
6. Finally, choose any photos you have saved and view them on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Google Photos to Roku from PC
Google Photos has a web-supported version. So, you can use it to mirror Google Photos to your streaming device.
1. Initiate the same WiFi network connection between your PC and Roku.
2. On a web browser, visit the web page of Google Photos and sign in to your Google Account.
3. Then, choose the available photos you want.
4. Go to Settings on your PC and choose the System option.
5. Hit the Display option from the left pane and click on the Connect to a wireless display option.
6. From the new window, select your Roku device. This mirrors your PC’s display to your TV.
7. Go back to the Google Photos official webpage and mirror the media files to your TV.
Google Photos is a dedicated app from Google that you can get to view photos and video files from your local storage. So, for now, screen mirroring is the only way to view Google Photos on the big screen with your Roku.